Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

DFW Concealed Handgun License Class Anyone wanna join me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kwiker
Combat --

I was really just posting pics of basically what mine will look like...i'm not a big fan of holographic sights, but I'll keep what you said in mind if i get something like that.
Me either.

I prefer aimpoints or just a good ole fashioned acog.

But that rifle was sexay
Old 06-07-2007, 03:15 PM
gNaRKiLL

I really dont know why you guys mod out the AR's like u do. I mean really I could see maybe a little scope and laser sight, but all the other bs not really. You'll never ever get a chance to really use the weapon for what its for ya know lol.

Originally Posted by LegionnaireZ
lemme guess.... H&K USP Compact???

very nice purchase... post up actual pics... that's a sweet deal... hopefully you didn't get set back too much on that...
If your talkin to me it's an FN Herstal FNP9
http://www.fnhusa.com/products/firea...002&gid=FNG001
Old 06-07-2007, 09:02 PM
LegionnaireZ

yeah i was talking to you... and i guess i was wrong...

sure looked like one tho

Nick,

Sundays are better, my schedule at my primary workplace is more flexible...

i can pretty much make any week if it's a sunday... now i just gotta get that keller issue squared away and we're good to go...
Old 06-08-2007, 06:46 AM
kwiker
Shift_Dorifto

Originally Posted by gNaRKiLL
I really dont know why you guys mod out the AR's like u do. I mean really I could see maybe a little scope and laser sight, but all the other bs not really. You'll never ever get a chance to really use the weapon for what its for ya know lol.

If your talkin to me it's an FN Herstal FNP9
http://www.fnhusa.com/products/firea...002&gid=FNG001
I think it just makes them look cool and scary, that's all really.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:30 AM
LegionnaireZ

i'm seriously wanting to get a .50 cal rifle... like a windrunner or something... any thoughts on that?
Old 06-11-2007, 08:58 PM
gNaRKiLL

^^^Ohhh .50 cal....gunbroker sells them for about 1500 for a single shot I think from barrett if I remember right.

Having a concealed officially kicks ***, this came in the mail today, went and picked it up tonight, no wait, nothing. Came with everything pictured for a total of $390 including transfer costs and shipping.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:33 AM
LegionnaireZ

barrett is good... single shot is prefered... more accurate...

windrunners are like 7500
Old 06-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Its always nice to know some random *** person can own a m82 because thats SOOO necessary.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:29 PM
LegionnaireZ

Originally Posted by Combat350z
Its always nice to know some random *** person can own a m82 because thats SOOO necessary.
isn't it???

i love the fact that anyone (with obvious exceptions) can purchase what the feel that they want... i hear it's about to change though... so buy up why you can!!!
Old 06-18-2007, 06:24 AM
kwiker
Shift_Dorifto

Yep, i'm about to buy some crazy guns. That is the main reason i want to get my CHL, so when i go to the gun shows, i can just throw down the cash and walk out.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:03 AM
LegionnaireZ

yeah i just got mine back from a pawn shop today, my address is wrong on my DL so they gave me a hard time... but i git my dad to sign for it... i really need to get this all fixed and get the CHL... make my life so much easier...

and Nick,

i talked to the guy there at the store... he told me specifically, that it IS NOT illegal to carry a pistol in your car whether it's in the glove box, under your seat or probably even in your lap for that matter...

the law was changed this past september, it was passed.... umm... maybe to detour carjackings....

either way... score one for the Home Team... lol
Old 06-18-2007, 07:08 AM
LegionnaireZ

oh... BTW here are some pics... sorry for the crappy phone pics

Old 06-18-2007, 07:38 AM
Apanther

Handguns fine, shotguns fine because once again they can be used for defending your house etc, but I'm sorry if someone breaks into your house an assault rifle is the most useless thing you can have to defend yourself with.
In the home, IMO, the shotgun (Mossberg of course) is the perfect defense weapon. The physical and psychological effect of the shotgun is without equal indoors.

But, when the government broke down, and cops were too busy abandoning their posts and being crooks, my family in New Orleans was glad that they had assault rifles and jon boats. They were the only store on their block not to be looted and they also protected 4 homes. If they hadnt had those weapons, they would be in bankruptcy right about now.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:07 AM
kwiker
Shift_Dorifto

yeah i just got mine back from a pawn shop today, my address is wrong on my DL so they gave me a hard time... but i git my dad to sign for it... i really need to get this all fixed and get the CHL... make my life so much easier...

and Nick,

i talked to the guy there at the store... he told me specifically, that it IS NOT illegal to carry a pistol in your car whether it's in the glove box, under your seat or probably even in your lap for that matter...

the law was changed this past september, it was passed.... umm... maybe to detour carjackings....

either way... score one for the Home Team... lol
Even with no CHL?

edit:
Originally Posted by Apanther
In the home, IMO, the shotgun (Mossberg of course) is the perfect defense weapon. The physical and psychological effect of the shotgun is without equal indoors.
so you are saying that my door breacher (see pic below) is scarier than an AR that is tricked out.

Last edited by kwiker; 06-18-2007 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Combat350z
Banned

isn't it???

i love the fact that anyone (with obvious exceptions) can purchase what the feel that they want... i hear it's about to change though... so buy up why you can!!!
Yea. Even though I'm a Marine wtf do I need a .50cal sniper rifle.

There is no reason for anyone to have anything over a .50cal handgun, or a shotgun.

No one needs an assult rifle in 99% of cases. In those cases you're probably fuked anyways.

I'm going to get a .45 and probably an assult rifle but the difference between me and a normal person is I know not only how to handle a weapon I know how to handle myself when I'm holding a weapon.

People may know how to use a weapon but not know how to implement the usage of a weapon when they "perceive" they are in a situation to use it
Old 06-18-2007, 08:30 AM
LegionnaireZ

Originally Posted by Combat350z
Yea. Even though I'm a Marine wtf do I need a .50cal sniper rifle.

There is no reason for anyone to have anything over a .50cal handgun, or a shotgun.

No one needs an assult rifle in 99% of cases. In those cases you're probably fuked anyways.

I'm going to get a .45 and probably an assult rifle but the difference between me and a normal person is I know not only how to handle a weapon I know how to handle myself when I'm holding a weapon.

People may know how to use a weapon but not know how to implement the usage of a weapon when they "perceive" they are in a situation to use it
says the DEA agent that says and i QUOTE "I am the only person in this room professional enough to handle this weapon..." just seconds before he shoots himself in the foot... in front of a class full of kids.

i will post the video if i can find it again...

yes i agree training does have a lot to do with proper handling of a firearm... but also to take into account is common sense...

it's just not smart to hand a F**King retard a firearm of any sort... even a BB gun...

i think anyone should be able to get whatever they freakin please... should there be a law requiring you to test with the weapon before you take it home... sure... no problem... but citizens being stripped of various weapons for the simple fact that they have not been to a... generalized, mind you... training course is absurd... any joe on the street can sign up for the armed forces get through basic and then call himself an EXPERT in firearms... does that mean he has the common sense to handle one ..... NO...

and Nick...

yes that is without a CHL
Old 06-18-2007, 08:32 AM
LegionnaireZ

here we go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhIJOVD8hwY
Old 06-18-2007, 08:38 AM
PWSHHOCKEY44

the good thing about Texas is when you get your CHL here its accepted in almost every other state..damn i cant wait for the army
Old 06-18-2007, 08:51 AM
kwiker
Shift_Dorifto

I don't think that even 30 other states accept our CHL...i remember looking this up once, i will have to find it again.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i saw that video. hilarious and a classic.

Quick Reply: DFW Concealed Handgun License Class Anyone wanna join me?