Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

DFW Concealed Handgun License Class Anyone wanna join me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LegionnaireZ
says the DEA agent that says and i QUOTE "I am the only person in this room professional enough to handle this weapon..." just seconds before he shoots himself in the foot... in front of a class full of kids.

i will post the video if i can find it again...

yes i agree training does have a lot to do with proper handling of a firearm... but also to take into account is common sense...

it's just not smart to hand a F**King retard a firearm of any sort... even a BB gun...

i think anyone should be able to get whatever they freakin please... should there be a law requiring you to test with the weapon before you take it home... sure... no problem... but citizens being stripped of various weapons for the simple fact that they have not been to a... generalized, mind you... training course is absurd... any joe on the street can sign up for the armed forces get through basic and then call himself an EXPERT in firearms... does that mean he has the common sense to handle one ..... NO...

and Nick...

yes that is without a CHL
Right because the average person knows what they are doing with a gun.

Sorry but with the problems of people using guns not in typical drug crimes but in shootings at work or road rage, if it wasn't as easy as ordering McDonalds these things would not happen.

Before you pull the black market BS how many of these people who commit mass crimes, road rage etc even know where to get an illegal gun.

No instead they walk in and buy a gun and then one day they get pissed and use it.

If they couldn't just waltz into any store and buy a gun we wouldn't have half as many violent crimes that aren't related to burglary and "normal" crimes.

Sorry but using a DEA agent as an example is weaksauce since those idiots along with the FBI managed to bungle the Waco standoff and are about as inteligent with weapons as cops are that shoot 300+rounds at one suspect only to hit them twice and hit two officers in the process.

So many people are like its my right to bear arms etc. Well its not the 1800's anymore. Fact is the majority of people THINK they know what they are doing with a gun when even if they can operate it they can't implement the correct usage.

What does it matter if you can use it in a sanitary environment. Thats not what gets people killed. Its the fact tht people can't control themselves when they have a gun and THINK its appropriate to use one.

I know I can because well frankly I faced those decisions for several months against people I could've cared less about.

The average citizen should not be allowed to carry anything over a semi-auto handgun or shotgun.

You want to hunt then make them get a CHL type license because otherwise any nutcase can get one. I frankly don't give a rats *** if you're upset you can't hunt, trick out your guns, be billy badass etc because my life, your life, and some random persons life is more important than your ability to play with your guns
Old 06-18-2007, 04:45 PM
LegionnaireZ

Originally Posted by Combat350z

Sorry but with the problems of people using guns not in typical drug crimes but in shootings at work or road rage, if it wasn't as easy as ordering McDonalds these things would not happen.

Before you pull the black market BS how many of these people who commit mass crimes, road rage etc even know where to get an illegal gun.

No instead they walk in and buy a gun and then one day they get pissed and use it.

If they couldn't just waltz into any store and buy a gun we wouldn't have half as many violent crimes that aren't related to burglary and "normal" crimes.

Sorry but using a DEA agent as an example is weaksauce since those idiots along with the FBI managed to bungle the Waco standoff and are about as inteligent with weapons as cops are that shoot 300+rounds at one suspect only to hit them twice and hit two officers in the process.

So many people are like its my right to bear arms etc. Well its not the 1800's anymore. Fact is the majority of people THINK they know what they are doing with a gun when even if they can operate it they can't implement the correct usage.

What does it matter if you can use it in a sanitary environment. Thats not what gets people killed. Its the fact tht people can't control themselves when they have a gun and THINK its appropriate to use one.

I know I can because well frankly I faced those decisions for several months against people I could've cared less about.

The average citizen should not be allowed to carry anything over a semi-auto handgun or shotgun.

You want to hunt then make them get a CHL type license because otherwise any nutcase can get one. I frankly don't give a rats *** if you're upset you can't hunt, trick out your guns, be billy badass etc because my life, your life, and some random persons life is more important than your ability to play with your guns
i'm not upset... i don't get upset... it's pointless... anyway, i simply used a DEA agent to show that even government trained officials as subject to the same stupid mistakes as the rest of us... cause in the end we are all just people...

and really... why would i care about what one person think anyways... it's not going to keep me from getting what i want...

i do respect your opinion though... i know you are talking about a general public... and i know people are stupid and do stupid things... and yes takeing guns away would probably stop a lot of crime... in terms of random work shootings and random outbursts where a legal previously law-abiding citizen goes ballistic... in that case sure sue the hell out of them... but that doesn't justify stripping the rest of us...

however taking them away will also take away a citizens means to defend themselves... crime will most likely increase...

as you take away the CHLs and the real criminals start to realize that the people are no longer able to carry sidearms... we will be sitting ducks to them ready and able for them to come and take what they please... excuse me for not falling for that type of society...

leave me and my walther alone...

Last edited by LegionnaireZ; 06-18-2007 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:44 PM
woof*

Originally Posted by Combat350z

the Second Amendment has nothing to do with any of this. there is a reason our forefathers put it in there. no offense intended but i suggest you seriously study The Constitution and The Federalist Papers to see what Jefferson and Franklin's actual thoughts and concepts were, and take some history classes. im not slamming you for your opinion, but i really think you need to educate yourself on why we are all gauranteed the rite to bear arms. its not about hunting or playing billy badass. its about protection from facisism/totalitarism.
as far as nutballs/headcases/roadrage and postal whackjobs..everyone armed = problem solved...after all..every now and then... you gotta thin out the herd.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:45 AM
LegionnaireZ

Originally Posted by woof*
the Second Amendment has nothing to do with any of this. there is a reason our forefathers put it in there. no offense intended but i suggest you seriously study The Constitution and The Federalist Papers to see what Jefferson and Franklin's actual thoughts and concepts were, and take some history classes. im not slamming you for your opinion, but i really think you need to educate yourself on why we are all gauranteed the rite to bear arms. its not about hunting or playing billy badass. its about protection from facisism/totalitarism.
as far as nutballs/headcases/roadrage and postal whackjobs..everyone armed = problem solved...after all..every now and then... you gotta thin out the herd.
well said... i didn't bother to point it out but from the way he is wording it... he's making it seem like anyone who hasn't gone through some sort of armed forces is completely gun illiterate...

fact is, if you look for it there are numerous places out there that have specific training... sometimes even more intense than standard GI training...

I agree with him that someone should fully understand the aspects of handling weapons... but people just not knowing just because they are a civilian is a very absud statement...
Old 06-20-2007, 08:48 AM
kwiker
Shift_Dorifto

LAMO @ COMBAT. A military guy complaining about "friendly fire"...hahaha.