Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Black Z Flipped Over Friday Night, 635 and Tollway

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 08:15 AM
silverzman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Z Flipped Over Friday Night, 635 and Tollway

My friend was telling me he saw a black 350Z that was totalled and flipped over friday night around midnight over at 635 and Tollway. From what I heard it was even facing traffic when flipped over. Wow, I would imagine it would be pretty hard to flip a sports car, but I guess anything can happen. Anybody else hear about this?
Old 06-16-2003, 08:43 AM
ods

Red face

They all will flip if you hit something.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:23 PM
noel48

That's why I no longer own a convertible.
Old 06-16-2003, 06:51 PM
guerojo

nope, and I live in Dallas.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:23 PM
Rob Nance

Yikes, weekend of flipping automobiles. I was going to a get together in South Austin on Saturday and there was an overturned mid 70s pickup truck in the middle of the freeway.

I also find it crazy someone flipped a Z. Pretty low center of gravity on a Z, not to mention low profile overall. Saying just hitting something can easily flip a car is not to accurate. Now if someone hit him in the side, very possible, but just hitting a guardrail or barrier, it would be next to impossible. The way those things are designed it shouldn't happen, not in a car at least, perhaps an SUV or truck.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:28 PM
Elistan

Which ramp was it? Going from westboud 635 to northbound Tollway, I could see it. It's semi-winding and tightens up at the end, with grass on the sides that could possibly catch a wheel lip. The cloverleaf might catch somebody out too...
Old 06-20-2003, 06:32 AM
nisslow02

Originally posted by Rob Nance
Yikes, weekend of flipping automobiles. I was going to a get together in South Austin on Saturday and there was an overturned mid 70s pickup truck in the middle of the freeway.

I also find it crazy someone flipped a Z. Pretty low center of gravity on a Z, not to mention low profile overall. Saying just hitting something can easily flip a car is not to accurate. Now if someone hit him in the side, very possible, but just hitting a guardrail or barrier, it would be next to impossible. The way those things are designed it shouldn't happen, not in a car at least, perhaps an SUV or truck.
Rob Nance:

Do you guys have regular meets in the Austin area? I am just North of Austin and would love to make it to some of the meets. Anyhow, PM or post the meet info. Thanks!!

~~nisslow02~~
Old 06-20-2003, 08:31 AM
hypercore

Default Re: Black Z Flipped Over Friday Night, 635 and Tollway

A few years back, perhaps 6 to 7 years, Kelsey Grammer, of Frasier show, flipped his Viper.
Old 06-20-2003, 01:40 PM
Rob Nance

Originally posted by nisslow02
Rob Nance:

Do you guys have regular meets in the Austin area? I am just North of Austin and would love to make it to some of the meets. Anyhow, PM or post the meet info. Thanks!!

~~nisslow02~~
You'll definitely know when we have another one. Seems the board has been dead, because of the problems. Hopefully we didn't lose people permanently. I'll be the one organizing it if it does happen in Austin, most likely. I'm finally getting my car fixed this Monday (rear ended) so maybe I will get the urge to start something up. A handful of people have seen me on the roads, that I've met at the meets. It's funny watching them slow down to look at my rear bumper to make sure it's me, lol.