Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Traffic lawyer

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 12:27 PM
doodeitstom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traffic lawyer

I did a little search and didn't come up with anything useful, but I just received a speeding ticket the other day in frisco and I am in need of a good traffic lawyer. Any recommendations? Thanks
Old 04-21-2008, 12:52 PM
SpeedRcr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just save yourself the money, get deferred adjudication and in 90 days it will be dismissed
Old 04-21-2008, 01:22 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What was the ticket(s) for???
Old 04-21-2008, 05:47 PM
doodeitstom

Originally Posted by SpeedRcr
just save yourself the money, get deferred adjudication and in 90 days it will be dismissed
I've already done 90 days and defensive driving within a year so I am going to need some legal help.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:22 PM
JSia

i just got a ticket for taking a wide turn.. wtf ****ing garland cops
Old 04-22-2008, 05:42 AM
Sonicspeed

Originally Posted by JSia
i just got a ticket for taking a wide turn.. wtf ****ing garland cops

By law you are supposed to turn into the first available lane when you make turn. I know its crappy, but its still letter of the law. I got pulled over for that once about... 6 or so years ago. It was 2am so the cop just used it to check if I was DUI or not. Still crappy.

OP - google "dallas texas traffic lawyer"
Old 04-22-2008, 07:49 AM
SpeedRcr

Originally Posted by doodeitstom
I've already done 90 days and defensive driving within a year so I am going to need some legal help.
you can do deferred again if you are out of your 90 day probabtion
Old 04-22-2008, 02:13 PM
MrWatchDawg

kennedy and kennedy out in arlington but i dont know if they do garland.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:50 PM
LegionnaireZ

Originally Posted by doodeitstom
I did a little search and didn't come up with anything useful, but I just received a speeding ticket the other day in frisco and I am in need of a good traffic lawyer. Any recommendations? Thanks

***NOT INTENDED FOR LEGAL ADVISE***

TAKE WHAT YOU WILL OUT OF THIS BUT IF IT DOESN'T WORK THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM.

Dont bother getting a lawyer. Unless you're really uncomfortable.

Call the courts a day before your court date and give them a good reason that you need to change the court date. I.E. child at home that is under your care and can not get a sitter.

Reason: not given publically

Show up early to the courts, hopefully they will process you early...

Reason: Not Given Publically

If this doesn't work talk to the prosecuter and see if he can do a plea bargain. Don't just look for lower fee... look for no points, so your insurance doesn't go up. If you have to pay a little now, better than paying it every month for 3 years.

No more information is provided for copyright's sake...

Why give the lawyer your EXTRA money just to do what you can already do... I've made this mistake a bunch of times... but i found some new material that made me think otherwise... And in the end...with a lawyer, i don't know what they negotiate... if they negotiate lower price, lower points, or what... i've seen them in action, and it bothers me that i don't know... so why bother with them when i now have the means to get the ticket dismissed, not deffered, not paid for (aka. GUILTY).... DISMISSED... i cant wait to try this out...

Good Luck,

LegionnaireZ

Last edited by LegionnaireZ; 04-22-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:00 PM
MrWatchDawg

hey legionnaire message me why

just curious bro.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:19 AM
SpeedRcr

legionnaires method might work in a smaller court but courts like dallas proper you will be waiting all day before someone even looks at you
Old 04-23-2008, 05:54 PM
j.arnaldo
Banned

in the future, obey the law. it's cheaper...
Old 04-23-2008, 11:36 PM
LegionnaireZ

speed racer, the good thing about the system I mention is it will include the actual trial... If it need be... So if you do go to court you can feel absolutely confident that you can beat the ticket... Cause think about it... While this cop, the insurance company, and the state legislators know that you doing 16 or whatever over the limit (within reason) are not a maniac on wheels this ticket is being written for the purpose of raising insurance rates... I could quote the ex officer I read this from but quite frankly its his material... Read it for yourself...
I strongly believe, like this man here that wrote what I refer to, that while these cops are giving these petty speeding tickets and being a nusance to the people that actually pay their wages there are REAL crimes going on elsewhere... And I'm sure a bunch of you guys can relate...
I encourage every one of you to read this article, it might change the way you look at the police force...
how many times have you heard of a cop fulfiling his quota??? Enough for it to be true? That his directive is to catch "X" amount of speeders so that the "agreement" with the insurance company continues to flourish...
If you don't read what I refer to then this more than
likely will make no sense...

And yeah I sound like a conspiracy theorist now but it seems reasonable enough to be true...
if you guys don't know what I'm talking about post up and I'll see what I can do to clarify...

Thanks,
Legionnairez
Old 04-24-2008, 05:59 AM
phiooz

i got a ticket in frisco too... i live in frisco though =\
Old 04-24-2008, 08:21 AM
SpeedRcr

Originally Posted by LegionnaireZ
speed racer, the good thing about the system I mention is it will include the actual trial... If it need be... So if you do go to court you can feel absolutely confident that you can beat the ticket... Cause think about it... While this cop, the insurance company, and the state legislators know that you doing 16 or whatever over the limit (within reason) are not a maniac on wheels this ticket is being written for the purpose of raising insurance rates... I could quote the ex officer I read this from but quite frankly its his material... Read it for yourself...
I strongly believe, like this man here that wrote what I refer to, that while these cops are giving these petty speeding tickets and being a nusance to the people that actually pay their wages there are REAL crimes going on elsewhere... And I'm sure a bunch of you guys can relate...
I encourage every one of you to read this article, it might change the way you look at the police force...
how many times have you heard of a cop fulfiling his quota??? Enough for it to be true? That his directive is to catch "X" amount of speeders so that the "agreement" with the insurance company continues to flourish...
If you don't read what I refer to then this more than
likely will make no sense...

And yeah I sound like a conspiracy theorist now but it seems reasonable enough to be true...
if you guys don't know what I'm talking about post up and I'll see what I can do to clarify...

Thanks,
Legionnairez
no i agree there are quotas but they wont admit to it. they have already got you speeding and documented it. if you want to beat a ticket and hope the system is too big to let 1 person through then take the time to find out. its just easier for me to pay the deferred cost and move on
Old 04-24-2008, 12:59 PM
LegionnaireZ

yeah... To each his own... If it works for you, the EASIEST way is still follow the speed limits... Takes a little more than conscience thought to not speed in our cars but in the end its worth it
Old 04-24-2008, 03:51 PM
SpeedRcr

Originally Posted by LegionnaireZ
yeah... To each his own... If it works for you, the EASIEST way is still follow the speed limits... Takes a little more than conscience thought to not speed in our cars but in the end its worth it
i have no problem speeding but if you get caught you have to figure whats worth more to you 120 bucks or hours dealing with this...i guess if its the first then maybe people shouldnt speed or get a job that pays more...you have to pay to play
Old 04-25-2008, 01:01 PM
LegionnaireZ

Too true, but it shouldnt take more than a hour at so.. That's one of the guidelines... Be early...

But even still look at it thus way... Do any of us honestly make the ticket amount... Go by my last one, $450... In 2 hours? That to me is worth my time...