Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 12:14 PM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SBMatt350
I was recently forwarded this message that you sent to another.

How more of this story unfolds.

You want to be deployed now? Seems funny when you just finished with this SUPER SHOW with Rice Killer and got all these bad responses about how unethical of a person you are. What about the money? You better think of something quick! I know! Let's hide!

"Stephen Michael Andrews
Eric, Thanks for the kind words. I will be joining you soon think. Things have gotten too bad with family and I need to be making enough money to support them. Not making enough off the shop as is. Should be signing my papers by the end of the week."
... It is called having a single parent family... That has been destroyed by cancer, mental illness and a motorcycle wreck in the span of 2 years. Risking my credit, and everything I have to make a shop work. It hasn't worked out. I have to find other options to make things work.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:26 PM
SBMatt350

Originally Posted by ImportedPerformance
... It is called having a single parent family... That has been destroyed by cancer, mental illness and a motorcycle wreck in the span of 2 years. Risking my credit, and everything I have to make a shop work. It hasn't worked out. I have to find other options to make things work.
Thanks for the unneeded sob story. Don't let me pity you. Everyone has a story. It hasn't worked out all of a SUDDEN because your recent SHOW is giving you all this negativity. Other options? Try to hide and spend that dough while you are "serving our country."
Old 07-12-2011, 12:33 PM
SBMatt350

if you are TRULY concerned about money, what do you have that you can sell? That's interesting! What about that boosted 350z?! That's strange! Why didn't you think of that in the first place? Let you worry about "taking care of your single parent family" while you try to race on the track! Sounds like a plan to me! Don't BS any longer.

Give us PROOF about the OUTCOME with the expenses AND the donation money for the hospital.

whatdoyouknowijustpunkedyourass.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:52 PM
thE33Z33

JESUS!! O_O.. can I subscribe to this thread??? This is so enlightening.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:58 PM
steidz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ppat1989
So I think I'm gonna just buy some 06-08 brake calipers and rotors instead of the oem brembos..... wayyyy cheaper and significantly better than what I have now. Plus they're stupid easy to find.
Hey PPat1989, I did the 06 brake upgrade with my 03. Last Saturday was the first AX with them and I was very pleased. Much improved braking performance. You might have a slight increase with your pedal travel from what your use to but you'll adjust quickly. I think the newer pistons have about a 40% increase in piston area so its much easier to get into abs but you will still have a nice pedal feel. I put on the basic autozone rotors and pads and am very happy.

Looking forward to a time trial, I should see a nice change on the longer courses at mineral wells as well.

I used this link to search local yards for the calipers and found some in Grand Praire for about 39 bucks each.
http://car-part.com/
Old 07-12-2011, 02:03 PM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Jake,

Val's and Corbin's cars?

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
Akebono BBK SWAP from a NISMO to a BASE 370

Ballin!

Easy - plug and bleed and play action!

Worked on the titan this wkend some

OLD DIFF COVER

New DIFF Cover

Axle Leak - UGLY!

After some AcidJake love! Swapped out axles, all new seals, rings, drum brakes....THE WORKS! on both sides!

Big props to ILYA who helped out and brought beer.. Patrick showed up later for some moral support .. Awesome turnin wrenches fellas - we handled up yesterday for sure!
Old 07-12-2011, 02:12 PM
SBMatt350

Try to avoid the truthful facts just stated, Stephen Michael Andrews, Imported Performance.

I'm going to send this to everyone I know. You are done for.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:38 PM
SmokersMagee

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
So is everyone flaking on the kart racing event this weekend? I haven't seen a response in the event thread, nor have I gotten a response in the lounge about it. Ezpotato, what's the deal bro?
I'd do it if we could get a group deal or something. Prolly not this weekend though.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:50 PM
SmokersMagee

Originally Posted by ppat1989
So I think I'm gonna just buy some 06-08 brake calipers and rotors instead of the oem brembos..... wayyyy cheaper and significantly better than what I have now. Plus they're stupid easy to find.
I should do this too. Tired of my bottle caps for brakes.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:52 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Holy Shiet !!

I go away to So. Cal. for a week and all this crap is happening !

I think we should have a meet ....to talk about the meet.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:02 PM
ezpotato

dude sbmatt, calm the eff down man. take it to PM, or start a seperate thread. if it's that personal to you, go deal with it elsewhere man.

i dont know the full story, but i'm not gonna bust some veins about it, and if i am, i would do it in PM form at this point. seriously, you may be right, but calm down. at least on this thread.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:42 PM
SBMatt350

LOL. I tried taking it to private messaging AND phone calls. He simply will NOT answer. He has pulled the "pity" card numerous accounts and is only trying to redeem himself right now. I just want everyone to know specifically what happened since it's the big talk of the week on a lot of forums right now of what a manipulative lying person Stephen Michael Andrews is.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:49 PM
ezpotato

that's fine dude, i'm not arguing that you shouldnt do it, just start a seperate thread. i personally have never had any bad interactions with stephen, in fact he's provided me with lots of good info, but i dont know any facts in this situation,

just start a new thread if this is truly how strong you feel about it.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:55 PM
SBMatt350

Thanks for the suggestion!

For now, I appreciate everyone to forward this to all the teams that were affected by this effortless show so that they may know the truth behind the scenes.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:09 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by ezpotato
that's fine dude, i'm not arguing that you shouldnt do it, just start a seperate thread. i personally have never had any bad interactions with stephen, in fact he's provided me with lots of good info, but i dont know any facts in this situation,

just start a new thread if this is truly how strong you feel about it.
SBMatt350....

+1

I agree with Ezpotato....If you have a problem then start a new thread about it.

I know Stephen also just from past meets & things....Haven't dealt with him on a business level so I have no say....but as a guy he has always been cool & fair to me.

It would be in your best interest to start a new " Rant thread "

Your Z looks good tho....almost as good as mine !
3 different stages of rims & other things over the past few years.
Attached Thumbnails DFW's Lounge-fithamoto-albums-cf_01-picture167-volk-01.jpg   DFW's Lounge-fithamoto-albums-cf_01-picture40308-rpf1-03-cf.jpg   DFW's Lounge-fithamoto-albums-cf_01-picture40303-350z-04-autox.jpg  
Old 07-12-2011, 04:21 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

SBMatt350, you're most welcome to express your opinions and concerns, as you're rightfully entitled to do so. However, the claims and accusations you are making are that of a serious nature. Unless you have evidence to back up what you're posting, I would tone down on the accusatory language. Additionally, I suggest you create a separate thread that addresses your concerns elsewhere out of this thread so we don't clutter up this one. Keep in mind that our forum has a TOU to which all members are subject to adhere.

BTW, nice car.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:40 PM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by steidz
Hey PPat1989, I did the 06 brake upgrade with my 03. Last Saturday was the first AX with them and I was very pleased. Much improved braking performance.
Hell ya Patrick DO IT!!

Jake,

Val's and Corbin's cars?
Indeed.. you know Val?

Originally Posted by SmokersMagee
I should do this too. Tired of my bottle caps for brakes.
for ***** brakes - you dont do so back negra....imagine if you DID do it...
Old 07-12-2011, 07:26 PM
konxeptionz

You all know me personally, and know that I don't rip people off and don't care to, my primary intention is to raise money for the Scottish Rite Hospital.
If your primary intention was to donate to a hospital, then why throw a show at a venue with such a high cost? Why not just donate all that money DIRECTLY to the hospital on behalf of RKC and Imported Performance? Unless you intended to use the money for your own gain or pour back into your own shop. And lets face it, this reputation has carried over when you used to be involved with CCM.

And here's a better idea for your donation that you claim to be so important. Instead of shelling out the money for the cost of the venue, why not just donate that? On top of that, you could easily have emailed or got in contact with Teams from Dallas, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio to do a donation of $10 per person that could be either PayPal'ed or given to you in person. Then, at a cost of $129, go purchase a big check with the dollar amount on the check, plaster the check with Team logos, do a ceremony with a photoshoot, and donate the money to the hospital on behalf of RKC and Imported Performance.

Again, if the donation to the hospital were THAT important, do you realize how much support you could have gotten from other Teams that weren't there? DFW LX alone brought 96 cars to the lot. That's at least $960 upon roll in. I'm sure if you took the time to contact them about donations, they could have also easily gotten contact with their sister club SPACECITY LX to do an even larger donation. Hell, you would have gotten a larger support from our own Team.

But you didn't do that. Because the emphasis is placed on the show first with the donation of the net proceeds to the hospital second.

So essentially, because I'm from Houston and took the time to drive out there and support your cause, my trip out to Dallas cost me over $300. So I spent $300 to make a $10 donation. I'm not a business major or anything, but something about that figure just doesn't add up.

Originally Posted by SBMatt350
You should've informed us about the HIGH expenses that were needed for the show. You basically USED us to cover the HIGH cost. Don't BS any longer. How many teams that WERE supporting you are going to SUPPORT you after this crap you called a show?
You've definitely lost the support of Strictly G's in Houston.

And for a more personal reason, I will make sure that I tell my friends who are part of other Teams here in Houston (Sunworks, Rogue Alliance, Opulance, Epic, Eminence, Baker Nissan, etc) to not support any of your future events should you decide to come to Houston. DO NOT expect a warm welcome from Houston.

Last edited by konxeptionz; 07-12-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:34 PM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
Indeed.. you know Val?
Indeed I do sir, decent friends I would say. I love her wheels...
Old 07-12-2011, 08:57 PM
ezpotato

thank you steven for not fueling the fire on this thread... i know you're handling the stuff in the back end... when appropriate...

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge