Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 04:55 AM
ezpotato

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you guys didnt go both days?

jake, fix that melting bumper issue, autox next sat.

pat, next sat is bad for me, but dont let that change your plans. maybe a get together on sunday for some of us Z guys? brunch or so?
Old 10-10-2011, 05:29 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ppat1989
Jason, when is your house supposed to be done? Seems like you've been building for a long time now. I think we should have a road trip to your new place when it gets done and have a tech day/house warming party lol
Congrats on your job man......!

ya man, long story but we canceled the build on one house in this one neighborhood and went with another builder/house to get a much larger yard in a different neighborhood...

Either way, were close to the area of town we wanted to live on and close to Boeing and my wife's work.

3 car garage with added flatwork and 4th rear facing garage door addition.
Garage will have sink, cabinets, Black/gray checkerboard tile, garage pc, tv and this time a urinal, couch and 4 post lift with jackshaft liftmaster 3800 garage door openers and super long FLAT driveway

This pic is generic front, ours will be full red brick:

Floor plan with some of the changes we did:

Site:

I will have a TECH day in SA that all you guys are invited too of course...

-J
Attached Thumbnails DFW's Lounge-front.jpg   DFW's Lounge-plan-newest-shrinked.jpg   DFW's Lounge-land.jpg  

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 10-10-2011 at 05:36 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:33 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by ilya_mhs07
Hey Chris how did you do yesterday???
Rained out !

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
that negra tried to pass me - but was blinded by my blinker smoke technique.. Gotcha CHRIS! - Then time was up and he had to pull into the pit....behind me...(only talkin shiet cause this will be the only time I can...LOL!!!!)
Lol, Jake...I got the finger point from like 3-4 cars before I had caught up to your Smokey ***.....The insturctor said I didn't see the checker flag from the last lap & then we had to have the cool down lap. I went thru some traffic on this session.

Day 2 was rained out.. he got us some shirts ilya... for those that registered on day 2 might get some money back (I dont think we get any back holmes since we didnt..)
Yes, I do have some shirts for you both....and you may want to check with either the event coordinator or Michael Hollingsworth to see if you guys can get credit for the Spring event.
They are gonna ask the owner if we can come out and drive the 3.1 or the 1.3...so we will have to wait and see what their decision is.

------------

I will be posting up the video from that session in a bit...so you you'll have to watch the whole thing.
A couple pics also.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:36 AM
ilya_mhs07

Day 2 was rained out.. he got us some shirts ilya... for those that registered on day 2 might get some money back (I dont think we get any back holmes since we didnt..)
Oh well i don't care if we don't get the money back... I think I got the money's worth... It was a blast, and I finally bedded in properly lol. I kinda figured they were gonna cancel it it rained all day yesterday...
Old 10-10-2011, 06:03 AM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jason,

I told Kristina about your garage setup and she was like, "A urinal... gross"
Old 10-10-2011, 06:04 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ilya_mhs07
Oh well i don't care if we don't get the money back... I think I got the money's worth... It was a blast, and I finally bedded in properly lol. I kinda figured they were gonna cancel it it rained all day yesterday...

I have to agree 100%..I learned A WHOLE LOT..
Old 10-10-2011, 06:06 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Jason - wow bro...I cant wait to turn wrenches in your garage man - your house looks amazing! props man! wooo-hooo!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:12 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Here's the Video from the the first afternoon session....I think I got to pass like 4 cars before I finally got to Jake....but track time expired....oh snap !

And it's really not about how many cars you pass or not....it's all about your driving lines on the course that the instructors want you to memorize....so with that in mind it's not really a speed thing...it's a learning the course and timing thing along with a Zillion other things going thru your head.

Here are some approximate video times to skip to:
**Note to your self.....I would turn volume down to barley hear some sound....the wind noise is bad. **
4:45 catch traffic
7:15 Jake gets the point to pass ( I thought I'd get one....but no )
9:55 I get some space finally
12:35 I get some good lap time with nobody in front of me.
16:10 get to pass the Lexus

During this session anytime your behind another racer you about 75% - 85% on the throttle because your lines are a little different and in the corners you'll cut some one off if your on the throttle.

All in all I had some pretty good smooth laps that I linked together....some not so good as the instructor would have me slow down to learn the line.

All you guys who wanted to do this, I suggest you get you money saved for the Spring event ! It is well worth it. And I really like this facility....you can't really hurt the car if you spin out. ( with exception of Ilya's front lip ).
I have heard that eagles Canyon may not be as forgiving if you exit the track. ??

Enjoy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVmjQ2csdTM
Attached Thumbnails DFW's Lounge-imgp1667.jpg   DFW's Lounge-imgp1668.jpg   DFW's Lounge-imgp1676.jpg   DFW's Lounge-imgp1677.jpg   DFW's Lounge-imgp1678.jpg  

Old 10-10-2011, 06:22 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
Jason,

I told Kristina about your garage setup and she was like, "A urinal... gross"
LoL...hell ya...Man cave style! Im gonna put a smell good coaster in it to aim on and make the thing smell purdy...

Jason - wow bro...I cant wait to turn wrenches in your garage man - your house looks amazing! props man! wooo-hooo!
Werd! ya i cant wait either...dammn house is supposed to be finished early January.

-J
Old 10-10-2011, 06:24 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by fithamoto
Here's the Video from the the first afternoon session....
dude awesome!

Once im settled i plan on hitting up harris hill in San Marcos,TX..that place is like an hour from me..

-J
Old 10-10-2011, 06:36 AM
steidz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looked fun Chris, sorry to here you missed out day two. Hopefully this spring will work out.

So did the tires were ok for you?
Old 10-10-2011, 06:42 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
dude awesome!

Once im settled i plan on hitting up harris hill in San Marcos,TX..that place is like an hour from me..

-J
Hey Jason, Congrats on the house..I'm jealous of your man cave !

Definitely gonna have to make it down to turn some wrenches with you again dude !

Besides....you still my sides ! Lol

Originally Posted by steidz
That looked fun Chris, sorry to here you missed out day two. Hopefully this spring will work out.

So did the tires were ok for you?
Yes Scott, those tires were the bomb for that place...I could tell those other peeps in a basic street tire were having issues on the turns as I could really hold that line.

I actually had a BMW slide out right in front of me and it was scary....I wish I had the video going for that....snap !
Old 10-10-2011, 07:09 AM
steidz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats awesome Chris.

Jason, That garage is going to be sick. Very jealous.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:09 AM
ppat1989
Professional

Nice J! You can always tell when a car guy builds a house by the garage structure lol
That reminds me of the house I grew up in a bit. Well, the upstairs does with the loft area and the bedrooms. Gotta say though, I'm not the biggest fan of having a garage on the front of the house. Idk why, I guess it just makes it seem like there isn't as much room in the house from the outside appearance even though that really isn't the case.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:24 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

^ ya man I loved the rear garage of my DFW house............I loved that house so much! would have done anything to bring it with me.... we even considered building it with changes like 3 car garage, but couldnt find a lot/land that would fit our needs....

-J
Old 10-10-2011, 11:24 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Nice floor plan, Jason, and dat garage. Just curious, why's the WIC inside the master bath?

Chris, Jake, and whoever else that went, it looks like you guys had a blast! I wish I could've gone with you guys, but I'm going to a track in Michigan myself this Saturday! So, which do you guys like better -- autox or track days?
Old 10-10-2011, 11:30 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Nice floor plan, Jason, and dat garage. Just curious, why's the WIC inside the master bath?
Meh, thats just how that floor plan panned out...we didn't design the house, its a standard floor plan for a track builder...the custom things we asked for took weeks/architectural changes that had to be approved....luckily we got them all....

this house, location, yard size, price, etc, etc ended up working out to where we got about 90-95% of what we wanted out of a home...

believe me, we went through many plans, many builders looking for what we wanted...I was trying so hard to find a house that had a bathroom wall adjacent to one of the garage walls, we were gonna add a garage access door to the half bath downstairs on some of the plans....lol......some plans we looked at my wife was willing to forgive the dinning room since it shared a garage wall and let me enclose the dining and make it a work room with access from the garage but not taking away from the garage floor....

in the end, this house did what we wanted...mainly in yard size really....

the site is cool, it has a stone rear wall..

-J
Old 10-10-2011, 11:30 AM
ezpotato

that looks awesome. autox and circuit racing is so different, but i'm sure both provide awesome unique experiences. I will def be down for spring, but till then i'm squeezing in autox's and some time trials, as available.

chris, that vid is sick. i love the 17:07 - 18:01 mark
Old 10-10-2011, 11:44 AM
ppat1989
Professional

If anybody wants my canopy it's for sale. It's a 10'X10' with a vent at the top to keep it from blowing over. I paid $90 for it so just make me an offer. It's only been used once. I can text or email pictures if needed.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:46 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
Meh, thats just how that floor plan panned out...we didn't design the house, its a standard floor plan for a track builder...the custom things we asked for took weeks/architectural changes that had to be approved....luckily we got them all....
For some reason, I was under the impression that you designed the entire house. Either way, your house is going to be sick!

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge