Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 02:42 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Yeah, everything came out well, and it's all still together perfect so I can't complain. Especially since it was the FX he did, and he had to cut the plastic trim. Used some double sided tape to stick it back on, since the mounting points had to be cut off in some spots.

Can't go wrong with Jake. Just sucks he's a few hours drive from you.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:51 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ZAustin
I live in Austin but haven't been able to find anybody nearby to roll my fenders. I hear AcidJake75 is the go to guy. Who here has had their fenders rolled by him? Pics?
350ZAustin, all I can tell you is Jake has rolled almost every Z in the DFW area
that is into any modding of the car. We rolled about 5-7 cars at my place years ago and ever since then Jake has found the magic touch.....he knows his shiet and he won't disappoint you. I'd definitley PM him.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:01 PM
Squeaky350

Jake has done my fenders and should still have the pictures from a few years ago. Awesome guy to do business with and an awesome guy in general. Def. worth the drive, even for you.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:23 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by fithamoto
It's better to be a bit more patient and get it done the way you want it because you'll be the only one living there for years to come. A definite pay- off in my mind....then you won't be like...oh snap, " I should have had them do it the way I wanted. "

Also a great decision to enlarge the patio ! Believe me when I built my first house I only had a 10X10 pad poured...when in about 3 years later I had it enlarged by paying for a company to lay down some pave stone. That was expensive, and For only a few hundred more I could have had the builder do it right from the beginning.

I can't wait for you to get it all finished and see some pics.
ya the problem isn't the delay so much as at one point they recanted months into the process saying "oh ya, we cant do this or that after all"........when originally they said "oh thats approved, dont worry...."

We were shocked more than anything.....having wasted time, thinking things were moving then bamm..."oh ya, we cant do this, we cant do that, sorry we said we could"

either way, we finally got it all figured out...they DID force the architect to make the changes we ORIGINALLY request and they originally said yes too and things are underway..

ya i plan on taking ton of pics...
-J
Old 12-01-2011, 03:28 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaddy-Z.
Does anyone here do bushing installs? PM me! Probably either Jake or Jason lol.
Jake would be your man! I no longer live in DFW....he knows how to change at ALL the bushings and has done it many times over, has a huge 20 ton press, all the press plates and tools and not to mention "know how".......

So I went to pro tuning today and they looked at my bushings and they're torn. I have two options. Energy Suspension Poly Urethane bushings or Spherical SPL bushings. I'm leaning towards the poly simply because it's less than half the cost and doesn't seem like a huge performance loss in comparison to the SPL bushings. And because with everything else I need it's getting pricey.
I would suggest reading the suspension 101 thread and going from there....

I wouldn't blanketly say ones better than the other, i think its more a "whats your use and whats acceptable upgrade based on budget/use, etc"

for someone not on a track the cheaper poly wont make a difference driving to work everyday.......

Which bushings exactly are you talking about replacing??

-J
Old 12-01-2011, 05:00 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by StuLax18
Can't go wrong with Jake. Just sucks he's a few hours drive from you.
Originally Posted by fithamoto
350ZAustin, all I can tell you is Jake has rolled almost every Z in the DFW area
that is into any modding of the car. We rolled about 5-7 cars at my place years ago and ever since then Jake has found the magic touch.....he knows his shiet and he won't disappoint you. I'd definitley PM him.
Originally Posted by Squeaky350
Jake has done my fenders and should still have the pictures from a few years ago. Awesome guy to do business with and an awesome guy in general. Def. worth the drive, even for you.
Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
Jake would be your man! I no longer live in DFW....he knows how to change at ALL the bushings and has done it many times over, has a huge 12 ton press, all the press plates and tools and not to mention "know how".......

aww - thx fellas! I <3 all you bishes... NO HOMO
Old 12-01-2011, 12:50 PM
shaddy-z.

I'm replacing my compression arm bushings and my lower control arm bushings because they're both torn. I'm probably going to order some Energy Suspension poly bushings today and just give it a go today and see if I can do it. If I can't then Jake will be my man for the job!

These are the exact ones I will be ordering:
http://www.z1motorsports.com/350_g35...oducts_id=5122

It shows a lot more bushings than I'll need but since I'll already be down there I'll probably just go ahead and do all the arms' bushings that I can.

I will be doing some tracking, but not really much autoX'ing. Really looking to start drifting soon after I fix everything and buy extra tires ^_^

Last edited by shaddy-z.; 12-01-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:17 PM
ilya_mhs07

I'm replacing my compression arm bushings and my lower control arm bushings because they're both torn. I'm probably going to order some Energy Suspension poly bushings today and just give it a go today and see if I can do it. If I can't then Jake will be my man for the job!

These are the exact ones I will be ordering:
http://www.z1motorsports.com/350_g35...oducts_id=5122

It shows a lot more bushings than I'll need but since I'll already be down there I'll probably just go ahead and do all the arms' bushings that I can.

I will be doing some tracking, but not really much autoX'ing. Really looking to start drifting soon after I fix everything and buy extra tires ^_^
Hey if you need some good cheap drifting tires let me know the sizes I can find you some good used tire for really good price...
Old 12-02-2011, 07:13 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

I know what Im going to do to my car next... Im going to call it PIPE DREAMS...

Old 12-02-2011, 07:28 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

^^^^^^

Get the *** out !
Old 12-02-2011, 10:39 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

whats everyones plan for the wkend? anything cool going on?
Old 12-02-2011, 12:20 PM
ppat1989
Professional

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
well I am replacing the front stuts on a hyundai sonata lol and fixing an oil leak on it. on the bright side i get to go to ***** effin harbor freight and get me a cordless impact for the job
downer to that is harbor freight is in wichita which is an 85 mile drive from here but im taking the company truck on company gas lol

I'm turning into the acidjake of the kansas boonies lol

on a side note, I will be back the 23rd-27th for the holidays
Old 12-02-2011, 12:50 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

I will be studying for finals next week!

Pat, how's everything going in Kansas? You get a paycheck yet?
Old 12-02-2011, 12:55 PM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by ppat1989
on a side note, I will be back the 23rd-27th for the holidays
will have a bottle waiting for you sir..
Old 12-02-2011, 01:17 PM
DMAC2

Yea what is going on this weekend?
Old 12-02-2011, 04:03 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
You want to come over and throw some darts ?

We can throw a few back at the same time.

Originally Posted by DMAC2
Yea what is going on this weekend?
Where the hell you been at ?
Old 12-02-2011, 04:23 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

I've been very busy haha. Buddy of mine on the FX forums asked me the same question.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:54 PM
ppat1989
Professional

Pat, how's everything going in Kansas? You get a paycheck yet?
It's going pretty good. I like it alot up here. Been really busy this last week and will continue to be very busy until the 6th. We have 9 hunters up here and we have to take them to and from the deer blinds everyday on top of doing my actual job as well lol. This car that I'm working on for my bosses friend is starting to be quite the PITA but I think its more just cuz it's cold and windy outside than the actual task at hand being difficult.

I did get a paycheck lol and it was nice indeed. I only get paid once a month so I'm having to learn how to stretch out my finances but having extra cash on hand compared to what I'm used to helps out alot cuz if I make a mistake I have enough money to not be screwed from it. I am getting a raise this month and looking at buying a house here in town. It needs about $10-$15k in work but they are only asking $24.5k for it. Houses up here are stupid cheap. I'm going to offer $18k and see what they say. Even though the house is cheap, I dont wanna put too much money into it because the value may not come up to more than $45k once its finished. It may be kinda hard to sell once it has that high of a price tag on it but I may just rent it out when I do eventually move. Saves me the hassle of trying to sell it.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:21 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

That's awesome man! So glad to see things work out for you. Erkthejerk73 on here works away from home also, except he flies home each weekend. I know he has an apartment he lives in when he's working, so something like that might not be bad for you also, and you can just rent it. It looked like a really nice place, but I don't know what Kansas would have along those lines haha.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:53 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Stu, I went up to Steve Kan's place today and he hooked up the UpRev software to look at the problem. Seems as tho I had an issue or imbalance from my injectors on the left & right side of the engine.

Basically I was running side A at 90% and side B was at 110%....so there was an imbalance in the fuel distribution....He reset and reflashed the ECU back to where we had it at the tune....and now both sides are back to normal...100% both sides. Although he was not sure if that caused my stalling & stuttering problem....I think by just reseting the code & correcting the imbalince, it cleared everything up.

I can feel the difference as I drove off....even sounded better !

And I only have 3 Maps....Regular, Valet & Economy.

He's a really cool guy and I appreciated his help.

Good luck on finals !

Last edited by fithamoto; 12-03-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge