Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 10:51 AM
r1forever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
and the saga continues...its neverending it seems like at times... your clutch is going to be an ON/OFF switch - with that much hp, you will peeling out @ all the stops, haha..
Yea it never ends. I had this planned. Just using the 5at to put some miles on the new engine. I already have a cd009, 6mt driveshaft, clutch pedal and lines and all that jazz even the 6mt engine harness. I just tryin for 450-500hp on a good safe tune on Steve's mustang dyno. Savin up some money to get everything else I need.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:53 AM
r1forever

Originally Posted by ppat1989
Jake was saying there its actually less room to work with for the hr than the de since the hr motor is bigger. I think we are doing it sometime not this week but the week after. I want it done before the autox on the 23rd.
Make sure none of the mounting holes don't need to be drilled out. I've installed some that we're too small but luckily I had the engine out to check. They weren't Megan so I'm not sure if you will have any issues
Old 06-10-2012, 11:29 AM
steidz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Headers ordered. Should be here sometime this week and put them on a soon as Jake has time. Hopefully this upcoming weekend.
Patrick. Would you weight the header and compare it to the stock manifold. Curious about the weight savings. I am on the fence about headers, hope they cut some weight.

Thanks
Old 06-10-2012, 01:43 PM
mikes10

l.hamilton ftw
Old 06-10-2012, 04:46 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Jake was saying there its actually less room to work with for the hr than the de since the hr motor is bigger. I think we are doing it sometime not this week but the week after. I want it done before the autox on the 23rd.
I hope it makes a good gain for you for how much work it is to put them on...I want to see how hard it is so please let me know whe you guys are going to do it....I want to see what's involved.....hopefully I can get over to Jakes.

Originally Posted by steidz
Patrick. Would you weight the header and compare it to the stock manifold. Curious about the weight savings. I am on the fence about headers, hope they cut some weight.

Thanks

Also measure the diameter of the mainfold vs. the aftermarket ones....both ends.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:22 PM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

Received 9,155 Likes on 6,603 Posts

me and my odd ball hr.... kinda toying with the idea of selling it..... really liking the 370's
Old 06-11-2012, 05:13 AM
mikes10

Morning folks -

Travl - the "match revs" feature on the new Z is wonderful fun, i want it in my car - the nismo @ the supra meet dyno day put down 289whp - I like the silver colored Nismo 370z or a super white would be nice but i don't think that is a color option, i'd add some kw v3's

have you guys added a rear sway? do you keep it on the soft setting during your autocross days, or do you ever adjust it at all for that matter? mine is stock currently with the spc rear camber bars -

My front is on stiff - and i really think it pushes a liiiiiittttlelee bit but i can't say whats really going on yet - i have to get my bushing in - and installed - and get the alignment nailed down -
Old 06-11-2012, 05:25 AM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

Originally Posted by mikes10
Morning folks -

Travl - the "match revs" feature on the new Z is wonderful fun, i want it in my car - the nismo @ the supra meet dyno day put down 289whp - I like the silver colored Nismo 370z or a super white would be nice but i don't think that is a color option, i'd add some kw v3's

have you guys added a rear sway? do you keep it on the soft setting during your autocross days, or do you ever adjust it at all for that matter? mine is stock currently with the spc rear camber bars -

My front is on stiff - and i really think it pushes a liiiiiittttlelee bit but i can't say whats really going on yet - i have to get my bushing in - and installed - and get the alignment nailed down -

my sways arent adjustable... and right now i am at 275 whp, so i am really close
i really want a 370, but dont want payments....

Last edited by travlee; 06-11-2012 at 06:56 AM. Reason: .
Old 06-11-2012, 05:38 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
headers on 4x4 Titan yesterday.. it was fun..

awesome...looks great!!

-J
Old 06-11-2012, 06:03 AM
mikes10

Originally Posted by travlee9374
my sways arent adjustable... and right now i am at 275 whp, so i am really close
i really want a 370, but dont want payments.... since i paid cash for my car all the value would go to the new car

^^ thats why i put that dyno number in there for you -
Old 06-11-2012, 07:35 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by mikes10
Morning folks -

Mike....sounds like your front is too stiff & you need to stiffen up the Rear.

I run Hotchkis Sways....I have them on the 3rd to stiffest setting of 4 holes on the front....and the rears are in the middle of 3 settings. My Koni's are set in the middle on the front & about 2/3rd's to 3/4's stiffest on the Rears.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:01 AM
mikes10

Originally Posted by fithamoto
Mike....sounds like your front is too stiff & you need to stiffen up the Rear.

I run Hotchkis Sways....I have them on the 3rd to stiffest setting of 4 holes on the front....and the rears are in the middle of 3 settings. My Koni's are set in the middle on the front & about 2/3rd's to 3/4's stiffest on the Rears.
thank you kind sir - i run hotchkis on my subaru as well, both front/rear - and the z has a cobb front bar? or some blue swaybar that i'm assuming is a hollow hotchkis painted blue and is indeed on the stiffest setting - i don't mind the front being stiff at the moment, and i'm assuming the slight pushing is the alignment being goofy because i'm still completely missing my front lower control arm bushings and I really have no idea what the alignment is - doh! I was planning on adjusting the KW's a bit to "stiffen/speed" the rear and "loosen/slow" the front a tad -

I'm hoping i can make some minor adjustments at the track and be ok using the kw's and stock rear - but at the same time the hotchkis rear and some adjustable endlinks are not far away i have a feeling - i want to get some time on the pavement before i commit to further changes -

Last edited by mikes10; 06-11-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:33 PM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

i will prob end up swapping out my sway bars to some adjustable ones....
Old 06-11-2012, 02:50 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

i will prob end up swapping out my sway bars to some adjustable ones....
Travis....keep what you have until you do your shocks....then change it out so you will be able to tell the difference. Too much change and you won't know which is doing what for better or worst.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:05 PM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

Travis....keep what you have until you do your shocks....then change it out so you will be able to tell the difference. Too much change and you won't know which is doing what for better or worst.
well i am swapping springs out for sure next week sometime..
Old 06-11-2012, 04:44 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

well i am swapping springs out for sure next week sometime..
You gonna do the June 23rd Event ?

Come on Travis....this is it...do or Die !

You are faster than all of us anyways with your '08 HR !
Old 06-11-2012, 05:04 PM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

You gonna do the June 23rd Event ?

Come on Travis....this is it...do or Die !

You are faster than all of us anyways with your '08 HR !
i will come out, but prob wont get out there to run..... the reason being is i got a dwi while back and since i refused the test the judge threw breathalyzer in my car... got 3 more months of the damn thing. dont want to have to jack with it while out there trying to have fun, and definately not going to risk getting in trouble with PO when i am soooo close to being done
Old 06-11-2012, 06:19 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Food for thought on the sway bar issue. Alot of Z guys that track hard either run a stock rear sway bar or no rear sway bar at all. That sometimes is due to race regulations. I'm going to move my Hotchkis rear to the softest setting and see what that does on the track next time I get out.

A note on the Koni Sport shocks... I installed them over the weekend and already feel rear traction improved significantly. Kicking the rear out on a hard turn it didn't just bounce and spin the tires, it settled almost immediately and grabbed the road. I know it's not a track testimony, but it wasn't just in my head either. Can't wait to get on the track with them and play with the adjustable settings.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:26 PM
mikes10

Eric - buy those enkies!! that blue is kew! -
Old 06-12-2012, 03:55 AM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
Food for thought on the sway bar issue. Alot of Z guys that track hard either run a stock rear sway bar or no rear sway bar at all. That sometimes is due to race regulations. I'm going to move my Hotchkis rear to the softest setting and see what that does on the track next time I get out.

A note on the Koni Sport shocks... I installed them over the weekend and already feel rear traction improved significantly. Kicking the rear out on a hard turn it didn't just bounce and spin the tires, it settled almost immediately and grabbed the road. I know it's not a track testimony, but it wasn't just in my head either. Can't wait to get on the track with them and play with the adjustable settings.
so your liking the shocks, that is awesome that you can feel the difference already. you going to make it out on the 23rd?

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge