Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 11:19 AM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dangit I want tires for my wheels!!! Christmas is so close I still need to go Christmas shopping.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:23 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

^^ keep calling tire shops.....all over town........

am i gonna have to find them for you? lol..

-j
Old 12-11-2008, 11:34 AM
phiooz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what wheels do you have?
Old 12-11-2008, 11:35 AM
quakerroatmeal

I'm a snob, I don't like dealing with those kind of shops really, they seem to be in the ghetto and or ghetto shops. I wish I could have access to big nice warehouses. If you do go looking for tires you can look for me too if you want.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:36 AM
quakerroatmeal

I posted em a few pages back but they are these in the same color.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:43 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
I'm a snob, I don't like dealing with those kind of shops really, they seem to be in the ghetto and or ghetto shops. I wish I could have access to big nice warehouses. If you do go looking for tires you can look for me too if you want.
yeah i hear ya........the warehouses you speak of.........they are here in town too, but they are distributors........they wont sell at all to the public.....they don't even allow walk ups.......

typically the front doors are locked and you have to go to the back loading docks to even speak with anyone.........

sometimes its worth it......you can get tires for FREE or if you tell the workers your willing to spot them some cash..........

You have to be lucky though and talk with someone thats not a manager or management..........

Don't go alone though.......if you can image the workers/drivers that deliver out of those places to local mom and pop tire shops......

I knew where those places were in SA and had my connections with the workers there.........They used to call me and it was "drop what your doing and go" kinda deal! i would have to haul azz to meet them in route to where they were delivering too and we would often meet at a gas station, etc.......i pay cash and would load up tires in my truck..........it was really nice when it worked out!

often i would score tires with 7/32 thread, no plugs, no patches - even PS2's.....I would guess max 6months old..

-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 12-11-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:14 PM
quakerroatmeal

Bad luck at Jason's, hope you figure out the clutch line/fluid. Post up the results when you get back on the computer.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Nihsnek
Sic 'Em

Bad luck at Jason's, hope you figure out the clutch line/fluid. Post up the results when you get back on the computer.
What happened?
Old 12-13-2008, 12:51 AM
quakerroatmeal

Couldn't figure out how to bleed the clutch line correctly, think they figured it out already though. Only after a whole days worth of clutch fluid that is made of gold exploded twice. All in all it was a good time.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:18 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

^^^ yeah J- figured it out. he will post it up for everyone to see when they run into the same issue.. Im just glad that he didnt have to take anywhere. we were so close.. I think I still have clutch fluid in my eye..HA! it was a damn good time as always.. GOOD learning experience as well. I was beat...
Old 12-13-2008, 02:00 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Yeah that was one ridiculous ordeal. You know I kept thinking if we stay on it we'll figure it out. It's so ironic that after we all left and Jason hadn't touched it for a few hours it decided to cooperate. Good thing it worked cause I got up this morning ready to pull his trailer down to mansfield. lol
Old 12-13-2008, 02:10 PM
quakerroatmeal

He pm'd me and said it was how the clutch line was designed, there is a loop and a orifice. He'll post more about it. Finally cleaned my baby YAY. All shiney and pretty now. Jason what model clothe seats did the car you get come out of?
Old 12-13-2008, 05:01 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Well yeah Jason will clarify more with pics, but here's my added theory. The loop in the line can't cause trapped air when you're forcing fluid through it. The "orifice" that he's talking about looks to be some sort of a check-valve inline so that you can't force fluid back up to the master cylinder.

Maybe with it sitting over time the air works its way down from the check valve to the bleed valve and then like Jason said just finally makes a "big fart" and comes out.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:32 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
........and then like Jason said just finally makes a "big fart" and comes out.

LMAO
Old 12-13-2008, 07:55 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Jason what model clothe seats did the car you get come out of?
sup, i bought them from a member on the forum, i forget who, but i drove from san antonio to houston and met him at his work to pick them up.....

he posted them for sale and they never sold - i pm'd him and he was shocked that i even found his old post....lol

they came out of an 06 model

-J
Old 12-13-2008, 08:03 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

yeah, about the clutch bleeding.........

Check it out! I figured out why we had such a hard time.

Well, i started reading through a ton of post........i started reading peoples profiles and i noticed that certain year model Z people had problems over others........I also noticed different methods people used to bleed and corresponded it to their year model Z.

then i started searching courtesy parts diagrams and sure as i thought.............

take a look at this pic and you can see why we had such a hard F'n time.........some Z's have different clutch line configurations that are not this bad.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN a car that is configured like this.......its crazy! they have a orifice and a loop line design to hold pressure, (and restrict it from going back up).....! that tells me our masters are super strong.......if you went hardline straight i bet people would be blowing slave cylinders.

well, the reason the factory service manual tells you not to use a vacumme system is because the orifice!

the loop is typically there for a few reasons:
service loop, it allows for you to pull, stretch on the line with out breaking it.
vibrations - to many straight lines can lead to vibration and fatique......especially when you mount off the firewall and down to the apron...(change in vehicle load paths)

also, the worst part of the line is that the fluid fights gravity going up to the loop!
then it fights gravity again going up before it makes its final curve down to the point where the hardline and the rubber line meet. where it says 30650+A.......

See pic:

if you go to courtesy parts dot com and check out the other year model z's pics you can see that some are not designed this way and gravity bleeding will work just fine.......but that one wont......fluid has to fight gravity up that loop and up that last hump before going to the rubber line.

i truly believe if your Z is equipped (depending on year make) with these design lines, then you need a power bleeder that attaches to the reservoir and forces everything down using gravity on your side.

Like this one:
http://www.machv.com/motpowbleed.html

Im gonna research a bit more and then make a thread to inform other shade tree mechanics.....lol

-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 12-13-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:14 PM
quakerroatmeal

If you guys are a nuthead like me, you guys can check your air filter box. When I checked jason's for fun he had like a fortune cookie wrapper in there and some leaves in the box that I took out some. I opened mines and found a whole pile of leaves in there so I decided to dump it out and take my air compressor and blow all the dust and rocks and crap that was on my air filter.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:00 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

LOL I'll open mine up and oil the K&N when I do my next oil change. That was pretty funny to find the trash in there.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:03 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

If you guys are a nuthead like me, you guys can check your air filter box. When I checked jason's for fun he had like a fortune cookie wrapper in there and some leaves in the box that I took out some. I opened mines and found a whole pile of leaves in there so I decided to dump it out and take my air compressor and blow all the dust and rocks and crap that was on my air filter.
WHAT!!! you threw away my fortune cookie wrapper!!??? that was there for luck! oh man what did you do with it? I NEED IT BACK IN THERE........

j/k
Old 12-14-2008, 09:23 PM
quakerroatmeal

No wonder we were having horrible luck with bleeding the clutch. Damn you fortune cookie.

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge