Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 08:32 AM
zrzly?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
I don't think you get it.........

Has nothing to do with brand name......but everything to do with DESIGN!

RWD either......

whoop dee doo the integra beat a newer civic in a slalom......what about a road coarse, what about drifting, what about its skid pad G and everything else......yes but when the ITR was released in 2001 it was THE car as far as all of these things listed with the obvious exception,bang for the buck, the ITR was it.

There are tons of RWD cars that suck ballz on say an autoX course - have you ever seen a GT mustang try and run an autoX course!!?!? oh god talk about embarrassing!...RWD has nothing to do with it...same goes for a camero, challenger, charger, etc........boats running a course - literally.....
i agree with this statement 100%, RWD, FWD, AWD, certain drive trains will accel more in certain race environments

The Z in general is an all around "sports car"
and an ITR with 195BHP(not alot) at 8000RPM, a helical LSD, close ratio gearbox, sport tuned suspension, lightened flywheel (14lbs compared to an 18lb GS-R uit) is a grocery getter?

the integra is labeled what - a "sport compact" sure they are both cars, but apples and oranges by design and capability.......
again, agree totally, a fwd 4 cylinder is definately designed much differently than a RWD V6

Z has power to run hot laps on a road course and keep up with some of the big dogs......
Integra, nope
while the integra may not have the straight line HP to keep up with the "big dogs", it will certainly give them a run for their money in the twisties

Z can drift, rwd and well balanced? integra?? and you cant eliminate drifting, its a growing motorsport and gaining ground.

autox - z can compete, its heavy and needs better final drive, etc, but still
integra - like driving a wheel barrel with a 1xx hp motor, fwd owns it...
Miata - kicks Z's azz all day long on autoX course - why?? the design behind it!! get what im say'n!

have you ever seen a FWD integra run a autoX course......i have, a buddy of mine in SA had one and his rear outside wheel would come off the ground on course......no lie.....
yes but under how extreme of a cornering situation? I'm not sayng body lift/roll doesn't happen, but it doesn't ONLY happen to integras

nine out of ten people that reply to those articles daily drive an integra, then later buy a newer civic or what not.........sure daily driving its super fun......its a peppy car with decent numbers and light weight, but put it on a test course up against cars that can handle much more...do much more, capable of much more.......
would that test happen to include areas that these cars would naturally be advantageous?

it has its own class because its not in the sports car class...its not a sports car.....

Not to aim at you Q at all, but i find it funny when people scream OWN and WIN all day long with out ever getting on the track and putting all the money to use......

I respect the integra.........as a funny peppy daily driver......on course.....there are much better weapons(cars) of choice is all im saying for the track!...

Wish more people spent 100 bucks on a track day versus Carbon fiber ooh la...la parts...........but oh well........their car is purdy.....

-J
no J, I was not trying to disprove your post, as mentioned, I agree with most of your points, I was merely giving my point of view on this topic, no disrespect intended.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:04 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by zrzly?
no J, I was not trying to disprove your post, as mentioned, I agree with most of your points, I was merely giving my point of view on this topic, no disrespect intended.
yeah i mean no disrespect to no one................

Im not saying "the Z is gods car or anything" and im in no way comparing, I chose a Z for many of the other reasons listed and of course price..........

give me an bigger budget and time to play on the track and I wouldn't even want a Z...

just saying.....the internet hype of "this car is best" , "RSX is faster" etc, etc.......its pretty dammn naive...

-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 02-24-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:07 AM
drifter5

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
I don't think you get it.........

Has nothing to do with brand name......but everything to do with DESIGN!

RWD either......

whoop dee doo the integra beat a newer civic in a slalom......what about a road coarse, what about drifting, what about its skid pad G and everything else......

There are tons of RWD cars that suck ballz on say an autoX course - have you ever seen a GT mustang try and run an autoX course!!?!? oh god talk about embarrassing!...RWD has nothing to do with it...same goes for a camero, challenger, charger, etc........boats running a course - literally.....

The Z in general is an all around "sports car"

the integra is labeled what - a "sport compact" sure they are both cars, but apples and oranges by design and capability.......

Z has power to run hot laps on a road course and keep up with some of the big dogs......
Integra, nope.
True, Integra doesn't have the raw horsepower or the TQ like the Z does, but I'm pretty sure you have seen cars on the lower end like Miatas, MR2 Spyders, and etc... pass up Corvettes and Porsche Carrera before on a tight course. If they wanted to, they could of slapped a turbo on the ITR from factory and made crazy power but Honda designed the ITR with a plan in mind of being balanced.

Z can drift, rwd and well balanced? integra?? and you cant eliminate drifting, its a growing motorsport and gaining ground.
Not everything is about drifting. I love drifting but it's actually a dying motorsport. Look at Formula D back when it first started, there were a lot more events back then, hell it even had an event in Houston.

The general car scene is dying, not just drifting. Nopi? Bankrupt. HIN? Half of their events got canceled last year.

It's a good thing though, the car scene should go back to being underground like how it first started.

Define well balanced? Integra can carry up to 4 people, drive around town and get 30+mpg, and still be worthy on the autocross or road course.

autox - z can compete, its heavy and needs better final drive, etc, but still
The Z might be on a regional level but not it's not on the national level. Look at 2009 National SCCA tour results, B-stock was dominated by RX8 and only two Zs made top 20. In BSP, not a single Z had made it. It's a class dominated by Evos. Solstice, S2000, Mazdaspeed3, and C5 vettes were all better than the Z.
integra - like driving a wheel barrel with a 1xx hp motor, fwd owns it...
It may be FWD and have a 195hp, but it completely dominates D-Stock class on a national level.
Miata - kicks Z's azz all day long on autoX course - why?? the design behind it!! get what im say'n!
The Integra design isn't bad, Honda had a plan for it and implemented it pretty well. It's pretty reliable considered how long they have lasted.

have you ever seen a FWD integra run a autoX course......i have, a buddy of mine in SA had one and his rear outside wheel would come off the ground on course......no lie.....
There's this that happened on Z day Z not long ago..

nine out of ten people that reply to those articles daily drive an integra, then later buy a newer civic or what not.........sure daily driving its super fun......its a peppy car with decent numbers and light weight, but put it on a test course up against cars that can handle much more...do much more, capable of much more........
The Integra has proven itself before and even till this day, it dominates in D-Stock Class.

The Integra might not handle as well, or be as fast as the Z but it can do a lot more than the Z can. Like carry 4 people, get 30mpg driving around the city, being able to fit a 32inch TV in the trunk, etc, etc.

Alot of people daily drive a Z, including myself. The Z and the Integra has it own perks but also sacrifices stuff in return.

it has its own class because its not in the sports car class...its not a sports car.....
It doesn't have to be a sports car, that's not what Honda had in mind for it.

Not to aim at you Q at all, but i find it funny when people scream OWN and WIN all day long with out ever getting on the track and putting all the money to use......

I respect the integra.........as a funny peppy daily driver......on course.....there are much better weapons(cars) of choice is all im saying for the track!...
The same could be said about the 350Z. You can buy a mint condition C5 Z06 these days for about 23k. That's the going price for a 07+ 350Z, and it's also cheaper than a used Nismo 350Z.

Wish more people spent 100 bucks on a track day versus Carbon fiber ooh la...la parts...........but oh well........their car is purdy.....

-J
Read bolded parts.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:18 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

^ read them....

Different strokes for different folks.............that i understand.....

that giff is funny.......i guess now all wheels fall off on Z's...thats a singled instance......lets search you tube for "over torqured lug nuts" and see all the car vids we find like that.........

SPL parts uses that little vid to try and sell stronger wheel studs......how about the moron torque them to spec.....

see: splparts.com/350z/wheels/wheel accessories - video aimed to try and sell.....

like i said from the beginning.......apples and oranges.........different classes, etc........

I find the hard headed mindset to be rediculous.........no one car is best......its just the car thats best for you..........who knows, back when I was shopping and never hit a track i may have bought an Integra............not saying i hate them........

-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 02-24-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:02 AM
MM'08_350Z

Received 68 Likes on 33 Posts

Yesss!!!! Getting my 4.08s installed tomorrow.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:08 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by MM'08_350Z
Yesss!!!! Getting my 4.08s installed tomorrow.
JEEBUS! let us know how much...wish you could take pics of the install.. who is doing it? Nissan?

your not going to have first gear anymore...it will redlining at 15mph.. you will be taking off in second now..lol j/k
Old 02-24-2010, 10:13 AM
NugeTRON

Why is the Integra even being compared to the Z. The two cars are completely different.

The two cars aren't even classified together. You pay for what you get. You spend more on a Z but you will get more out of the Z. They are both very capable cars, but on completely different levels.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:22 AM
MM'08_350Z

Lol no first gear??? I have a lot of rpm. The place doin it is called A1. For 350 bucks.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:39 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by MM'08_350Z
Lol no first gear??? I have a lot of rpm. The place doin it is called A1. For 350 bucks.
LOL...I just meant you will hit redline faster...

Great price..
Old 02-24-2010, 12:24 PM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Apples and oranges..so why did you compare a Integra to a 350Z? We're comparing the two vehicle from the article.. the ITR vs the Civic SI.. I just find it impressive that a car built merely a decade ago can still beat a car that are being built now.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:14 PM
MM'08_350Z

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
LOL...I just meant you will hit redline faster...

Great price..
I know. Dam I'm gonna need sme sticky tires....
Old 02-24-2010, 02:36 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Damn it Jake...my freakin' rear brakes are squeakin' !

I have taken off both rears and checked each pad & have re-applied the caliper grease.

What else can it be ?
Old 02-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

anyone else have a good time tonight?
Old 02-24-2010, 08:36 PM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Great time, thank you for host at your restaurant Jason, fantastic meal.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:08 PM
NugeTRON

Pictures up

https://my350z.com/forum/meet-ups-ev...eb-24th-6.html
Old 02-24-2010, 09:13 PM
zrzly?

said it in the meet thread, and I'll say it here, if anyone asks me to I will personally vouch for the quality of your restaurant jason, fantastic service, the drinks were awesome, and the food was delicious, thanks for putting up with us lol.

and stephen(sp?), next time you should probably just order a half pound of steamed rice lolz.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:13 PM
christinekay

..had a great time
Old 02-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

pleasure was all my fellas. thanks again for driving all the way to north fort worth, for some it was a hour plus drive. just goes to show how passionate north texas Z owners are when they willing to drive 2 plus hours round trip for a meet. i had more fun tonight then ive had in awhile thanks to everyone who showed up. north texas Z and G owners came out to represent!! i hope to see everyone again next month at bww.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:05 AM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wish I could have gone.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:00 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Was awesome Jason! great food once again as that was our 2nd or 3rd time to your place... My wife was telling me over and over about wanting to go back again.......lol..

-J

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge