Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 11:19 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
claybar is the BEST..! But you must Wax after cause your removing everything down to the clear coat..including wax.. I always seem to run out of the spray, prolly cause I use too much...

Quang, I bet your car looked like glass when you were done..

No not glass,.....GRASS !

Sorry.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:43 AM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

I think when we have that detail meet with Mackie, I will take the clay bar people to make it easier for him. Clay barring is really simple, just gotta follow a couple rules. I first got one this summer when someone wrote on my window with those car paint things and the rain made it get on my paint. Only the clay could take it off, but I still find blue specks every now and then that I missed.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:57 AM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
claybar is the BEST..! But you must Wax after cause your removing everything down to the clear coat..including wax.. I always seem to run out of the spray, prolly cause I use too much...

Quang, I bet your car looked like glass when you were done..
It's better too much then too little, I use a lot also. But then I have like a whole gallon of my quick detail spray. I use it really fast also hehe. The aftermath is amazing, after your hands done fallen off at least, the metallic in the paint pops out like an sore eye. Paint butter smooth like a babys ***. I plan on doing it again after I hit one year which is sometime April or so (I'll be doing it about once a year, polishing that is).

Yes you can see the glass reflection cause its so amazing. JK but with black paint it's even more amazing, blue also. White not so much reflection boo. But it's ok.

Still looking for a Nissan Tech who has access to a Consult-II system, or is good at diagnosing SRS for me for some beers and food hehe. I've tried to mess with it a few times but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. It's starting to make me angry.

Last edited by quakerroatmeal; 01-19-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:27 PM
d1auto

guys my GTR is a dirty girl at the moment can anyone point me in the right direction where she can take a bath?
Old 01-19-2009, 02:37 PM
quakerroatmeal

How come you're not cleaning her yourself? Or are you looking for a mobile detailer. Depending on where you're at, I know a few DFW Metroplex detailers.

Jason/Chris can you see what happened to the thread I made in Private Classified/Wheels section about a trade? I think it got deleted or something.

Last edited by quakerroatmeal; 01-19-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:45 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by d1auto
guys my GTR is a dirty girl at the moment can anyone point me in the right direction where she can take a bath?

I would wash her myself, or if you do get a mobile detailer, I would have to sit and watch to make sure he doesn't use anything bad.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:48 PM
d1auto

lol i need a car wash i can go to, to wash it mysleff cant do it where i am at cause im in a hotel lol

Last edited by d1auto; 01-19-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:53 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
It's better too much then too little, I use a lot also. But then I have like a whole gallon of my quick detail spray. I use it really fast also hehe. The aftermath is amazing, after your hands done fallen off at least, the metallic in the paint pops out like an sore eye. Paint butter smooth like a babys ***. I plan on doing it again after I hit one year which is sometime April or so (I'll be doing it about once a year, polishing that is).

Yes you can see the glass reflection cause its so amazing. JK but with black paint it's even more amazing, blue also. White not so much reflection boo. But it's ok.

Still looking for a Nissan Tech who has access to a Consult-II system, or is good at diagnosing SRS for me for some beers and food hehe. I've tried to mess with it a few times but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. It's starting to make me angry.
Prove it to me on my car.

Also, as far as the SRS light goes, there's no fix. We, those of us blessed to have that **** blinking at us at all times, just live with it. The only solution is replacing the components (but then you have to find what's messed up).
Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
How come you're not cleaning her yourself? Or are you looking for a mobile detailer. Depending on where you're at, I know a few DFW Metroplex detailers.

Jason/Chris can you see what happened to the thread I made in Private Classified/Wheels section about a trade? I think it got deleted or something.
Let's see if Jason can answer this one.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
prove it to me on my car.

also, as far as the srs light goes, there's no fix. We, those of us blessed to have that **** blinking at us at all times, just live with it. The only solution is replacing the components (but then you have to find what's messed up).

Let's see if jason can answer this one.
fkn srs light!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it i hate i hate!!! Im gonna just yank the led one day!!!!! Yes i know i used all caps!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

EDIT: WTF HAPPENED TO ALL MY CAPS!!!

Last edited by Nexx; 01-19-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:00 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

We have the "anti-shout" plug-in, so all caps don't work here.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:13 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Nexx, acid, allstar, im in for helping install your coilovers when you get them NEXX.

Qaung, you asked me to delete that thread a while back remember..via AIM...

-J
Old 01-19-2009, 06:18 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

oh ya, and coilover install is super easy. like allstar said, its just swap of assemblies...

But...coilovers take super long, because:

you install them, lower the car......check the height? if its not low enough.

Then you have to relift the car, jackstands and all...remove wheel, remove lower spindle and swaybar endlink, then turn the lower coilover "body" spinning it up or down, to adjust the height of the car.

then reinstall everything. downjack the car, check the height...if its not where you want it....

repeat above all over again.

so keep in mind this can take a while. then not to mention a few months down the road with the springs on the coilovers settle, you man need to raise her again a few turns.

* speaking from experience....
-J
Old 01-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Nexx

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
Nexx, acid, allstar, im in for helping install your coilovers when you get them NEXX.

Qaung, you asked me to delete that thread a while back remember..via AIM...

-J
badass, thank to everyone willing to lend a hand. i'm just starting to learn how to work on cars but i'm not very confident yet. having a few experienced people around to lend a helping hand would make me feel much better about tackling the job. i appreciate all the support fellas.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Nexx

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
oh ya, and coilover install is super easy. like allstar said, its just swap of assemblies...

But...coilovers take super long, because:

you install them, lower the car......check the height? if its not low enough.

Then you have to relift the car, jackstands and all...remove wheel, remove lower spindle and swaybar endlink, then turn the lower coilover "body" spinning it up or down, to adjust the height of the car.

then reinstall everything. downjack the car, check the height...if its not where you want it....

repeat above all over again.

so keep in mind this can take a while. then not to mention a few months down the road with the springs on the coilovers settle, you man need to raise her again a few turns.

* speaking from experience....
-J
lots of beer and pizza, might be a long day. i need the front to be higher. im tired of scraping everything.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:06 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Quit worrying about stuff you don't have and get your camber kit installed and alignment done, Jason. Also, look into getting some sticky tires (street or race tires) sometime soon. Are you coming out to the dyno day, by any chance?
Old 01-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Doh-Joe

Anyone know where I get some nitrogen to fill up the tires for good price? I called Courtesy Nissan & they quoted me $65 for each side (front or rear)... crazy I know
Old 01-19-2009, 08:07 PM
Nexx

Wink

Quit worrying about stuff you don't have and get your camber kit installed and alignment done, Jason. Also, look into getting some sticky tires (street or race tires) sometime soon. Are you coming out to the dyno day, by any chance?
Dynos are pain in the *** for me, i have to remove the rear diffuser. Bah, I need to get a nice Dynojet reading for my car before my next set of upgrades. And your right about getting the camber fixed. I need to remove the spacer and install the camber asap
Old 01-19-2009, 08:13 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by 05 PPW Z33
Anyone know where I get some nitrogen to fill up the tires for good price? I called Courtesy Nissan & they quoted me $65 for each side (front or rear)... crazy I know
Not sure how much they charge, but Texas Nissan in Grapevine does nitrogen.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:16 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by 05 PPW Z33
Why would you want nitrogen in your tires? The benefits of nitrogen are so minuscule that it is utterly pointless.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Nihsnek
Sic 'Em

Why would you want nitrogen in your tires? The benefits of nitrogen are so minuscule that it is utterly pointless.

About as good as the snake oil I hear.

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge