Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 01:46 PM
BlueZwflames

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ImportedPerformance
I am counting on you being there sir! There will more than pokey be some high powered subbies there, we need you to insure the Z's wij the day!!!
well i had some rattling as i was reving up...finally got the car up and found out the rattling coming from the ends of the headers....what can you quote me on some headers ?...need the hook up
Old 03-05-2011, 01:59 PM
BearJew

Found out what my problem was. Broken water pump ): not fun... anyone have an extra lying around?

And sorry to hear that jlz2goz... go for a birthday joyride around town? haha
Old 03-05-2011, 02:15 PM
JLS2GOZ

Originally Posted by BearJew
Found out what my problem was. Broken water pump ): not fun... anyone have an extra lying around?

Thanks.... and that is just what I might do.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:26 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by JLS2GOZ
Anybody got anything goin on today, tonite.. my B-Day plans got snuffed last night and again today. so much for birthdays.
Happy Birthday Jody ! Sorry your plans got cancelled.

Oh well....I'm just hanging out at home and gonna put up my new Flag Kit....I know....I know....your like damn, that sounds like fun ! NOT ! Lol
But once you see what kind of flag kit...your gonna want one too.

Originally Posted by BearJew

Bummer for the water pump....It might be-hoove you to check and see what your belts look like because if your gonna have to replace that you might want to do those also. I would PM Jake to see about the pump tho.

--------

Jody, I'd give you a beer if you were here. .....Look what I just got home....Just like music to ears of some people....this was like seeing after being blind ! Ohhhh yeah !!!
Attached Thumbnails DFW's Lounge-m_lite16oz.jpg  
Old 03-05-2011, 04:22 PM
BearJew

I'll check on the chains to see how they're doing too then - thanks for the advice. I found a water pump online (remanufactured) for about $25 with a 2 year warranty so I think I'll go for that. Worst case scenario is my car will be back in the shop for another few days while a new pump is shipped to me for free, right? and the thermostat will cost about the same as well.

Come on though... it's his birthday - beer delivery is a great present I'm sure!

Now - who wants to help out with a plenum spacer install? haha
Old 03-05-2011, 05:09 PM
JLS2GOZ

Originally Posted by fithamoto
Happy Birthday Jody ! Sorry your plans got cancelled.

Oh well....I'm just hanging out at home and gonna put up my new Flag Kit....I know....I know....your like damn, that sounds like fun ! NOT ! Lol
But once you see what kind of flag kit...your gonna want one too.

Bummer for the water pump....It might be-hoove you to check and see what your belts look like because if your gonna have to replace that you might want to do those also. I would PM Jake to see about the pump tho.

--------

Jody, I'd give you a beer if you were here. .....Look what I just got home....Just like music to ears of some people....this was like seeing after being blind ! Ohhhh yeah !!!
Yeah. That looks damn good. Pop a.few tops.for.me.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:36 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Dinner tonight: Applewood smoked bacon burgers. Cooked and chopped up bacon in the ground chuck. Yum!

Old 03-05-2011, 08:20 PM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BlueZwflames
well i had some rattling as i was reving up...finally got the car up and found out the rattling coming from the ends of the headers....what can you quote me on some headers ?...need the hook up
I will be back from Lubbock tomorrow, PM me so I don't forget and I will get you quoted when I get home tomorrow.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:52 AM
BearJew

Originally Posted by StuLax18
Dinner tonight: Applewood smoked bacon burgers. Cooked and chopped up bacon in the ground chuck. Yum!

One for you one for me?
Old 03-06-2011, 08:42 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

So Jason had a small Final Tech day at his house before he leaves us and goes down to San Antonio.

Thanks for all the great learning and experience you've given me and everybody else on DIY to save us all some well needed Cash !

In this foto is Eric, Jason, George, Jacob, and Chris.

Eric worked on his front end suspension.....and George got his Solid Diff bushings in.....but will have to pull it out again to put his Nismo Finned Diff on. I wish I would have brought mine...he would be rockin' ! Jason was installing his end links & doing a custom mod on his Diff filler ????
I was supposed to swap out pumkins to put in my 3.7 gears in but I still have no Quaife !

And btw.....here is my mini me 350Z that you can change out and make into a Track car....Seats, Tires, Exhaust, Adjustable Camber, Etc.... very cool 1/24 scale model of the Z.

You can find these at:

www.hotworksracing.com
Attached Thumbnails DFW's Lounge-finaltechday.jpg   DFW's Lounge-nismotoy_01.jpg   DFW's Lounge-nismotoy_02.jpg   DFW's Lounge-nismotoy_03.jpg   DFW's Lounge-nismotoy_04.jpg  

Last edited by fithamoto; 03-06-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:07 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Damn, now I'm sad.

I wish I could've been there. Thanks for all you've done for us, Jason, and congrats again on everything. I'll be driving down to San Antonio a few times so I'll come see you every once in a while.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:38 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Damn, now I'm sad.

I wish I could've been there. Thanks for all you've done for us, Jason, and congrats again on everything. I'll be driving down to San Antonio a few times so I'll come see you every once in a while.
Chris...are you coming down for Spring Break to DFW ?

If you are please give me a heads up.....so we can get a meet organized at MK's.

---------------------------

Ok, so on another note I was in Home Depot getting some stuff and I saw this product & Advertising display....so I stopped to give it a try. I liked it and bought one. I figured for around the house....and everyday crap....Win !

Will fit 1/4" - 3/4" standard & 7mm -19mm Metric. Can also go over many other shapes & sizes.

It is called " Gator grip " & I think it was like $ 11.99 and comes with a 1/4" socket/drill mount.
Attached Thumbnails DFW's Lounge-gatorsocket.jpg  

Last edited by fithamoto; 03-06-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:31 PM
ppat1989
Professional

So replacing motor mounts on a Saab 9-3 surprisingly not too bad. Plus I got to go on a trip to Harbor Freight. WIN!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 06:46 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Chris, I actually came down a couple of days ago. I don't have a car, though, so most of my days are spent at home waiting for my gf to come pick me up. I've been school work for the most part.

BTW, have you used that "Gator Grip" thing? I remember seeing those being advertised years back but never got to try it. Cool idea, but not sure how they fare in real world wrenching.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:32 PM
ppat1989
Professional

Chris, I actually came down a couple of days ago. I don't have a car, though, so most of my days are spent at home waiting for my gf to come pick me up. I've been school work for the most part.

BTW, have you used that "Gator Grip" thing? I remember seeing those being advertised years back but never got to try it. Cool idea, but not sure how they fare in real world wrenching.
They probably can't handle very much torque. It's most likely just a socket for standard jobs not so much for working on significant parts of a car.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:15 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Sorry I missed ya....but I understand since it was so short a visit.

The Gator grip socket is really only for around the house...I didn't get it to work on the cars or anything like that. I just think for most of your "Honey do" list stuff it would be great. I used the one set up at the Home Depot on a several different bolts and what not....it was really cool and worked great.
you just have to be sure the bolt is pretty centered or you get a wobble.
---------

Good Monday Morning Fuggers !
Old 03-07-2011, 04:18 AM
BearJew

Ugh monday.. D:
Old 03-07-2011, 05:24 AM
MASTERLUIE214

Originally Posted by bearjew
ugh monday.. D:
^^^^^ what he said ^^^^^
Old 03-07-2011, 08:12 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by fithamoto
So Jason had a small Final Tech day at his house before he leaves us and goes down to San Antonio.

Thanks for all the great learning and experience you've given me and everybody else on DIY to save us all some well needed Cash !

In this foto is Eric, Jason, George, Jacob, and Chris.

Eric worked on his front end suspension.....and George got his Solid Diff bushings in.....but will have to pull it out again to put his Nismo Finned Diff on. I wish I would have brought mine...he would be rockin' ! Jason was installing his end links & doing a custom mod on his Diff filler ????
I was supposed to swap out pumkins to put in my 3.7 gears in but I still have no Quaife !

And btw.....here is my mini me 350Z that you can change out and make into a Track car....Seats, Tires, Exhaust, Adjustable Camber, Etc.... very cool 1/24 scale model of the Z.

You can find these at:

www.hotworksracing.com

Awesome pic for sure man!

im gonna make it my desktop pic....

Ill be in and out of DFW for events for sure.....my cousin just bought a Titan like mine and is on the hunt for a trailer.........so we will be hitting up Drift events at mineral wells here and there...

-J
Old 03-07-2011, 11:01 AM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

The Momentum kit as arrived, Jake and I will be getting to it tonight. Give us a shout if you want to check it out.

-Stephen

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge