Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Good runs Daddy Z!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 07:32 PM
Bobby C 01TA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good runs Daddy Z!

Finally got to meet up with Daddy Z tonight and run him a couple times. I must say its a really quick ride. The blower makes it wayyyy faster than a stock Z or a Z with just some bolt ons. He even let me drive it and dam that car pulls good and its smooth as well. Really friendly guy
Old 10-28-2003, 07:58 PM
daddy Z

Default Re: Good runs Daddy Z!

Originally posted by Bobby C 01TA
Finally got to meet up with Daddy Z tonight and run him a couple times. I must say its a really quick ride. The blower makes it wayyyy faster than a stock Z or a Z with just some bolt ons. He even let me drive it and dam that car pulls good and its smooth as well. Really friendly guy
you are too kind .......
I take back everything I said bad about american muscle. Bobby's LS1 rules the highway. I will be first in line to buy Bobby's car if it every comes up for sale.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:53 AM
keepupp

ok....so who won the race?
Old 10-29-2003, 04:04 AM
Bobby C 01TA

well we never raced on the hwy lol so unfortuntely I would have to surrender the "king of the hwy" title!! lol but I know what ya meant Bob. I won the race but compared to the last Z I ran from a stop, heck, many cars i've run from a stop, Daddy Z's car is a good competitor for many cars out there and defintely holds its own! I was pretty impressed with it .. I dunno about selling the car anytime soon though hehe.. put too much time and elbow grease keeping it prestine as you saw last night. I can make your car look the same

Last edited by Bobby C 01TA; 10-29-2003 at 04:06 AM.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:31 AM
keepupp

ok guys, we need more info than that. Could you please describe the race so we have a better idea on how it went down?
Old 10-29-2003, 04:54 AM
Bobby C 01TA

lol well I dont wanna say too much. I'll let Daddy Z tell if he wants.. I just have way more torque than he does so my car has the advantage there. We never ran off a low punch or hwy roll so I dunno how that would have turned out. If we went off a 60 ish roll, it would have been a good race but down low my car screams
Old 10-29-2003, 06:54 AM
daddy Z

lol well I dont wanna say too much. I'll let Daddy Z tell if he wants..
someone once said not to tell about street racing since people get in trouble. However, I would think it would have gone something like this if we really had raced.

beep, beep, beep, Bobby C is 3 cars ahead of me in less then 60 feet, and then gains about another car by the end of a quarter mile. I think this would happen twice no mater who got too beep!

Hope that helps
Old 10-29-2003, 08:52 AM
NissanJunkie

DANG!!! Bobby C i must admit your car is fast, but you must be sand baggin a bit, when you told me you had a few bolt ons..... a few? huh? i dont know many almost stock TA's that can pull super hard against a car like daddy z's but none the less you still dominate!
Old 10-29-2003, 09:20 AM
Bobby C 01TA

Originally posted by NissanJunkie
DANG!!! Bobby C i must admit your car is fast, but you must be sand baggin a bit, when you told me you had a few bolt ons..... a few? huh? i dont know many almost stock TA's that can pull super hard against a car like daddy z's but none the less you still dominate!
Well I'm not here to dominate but like Daddy Z, I love racing, win or lose. Yes I have bolt ons.. a lid(intake)/exhaust cutout/ 3200 stall converter/headers with off road pipe and a underdrive pulley/i also stated i have a Z06 cam but thats pretty recent.. the result wouldnt have been any differnt if the cam wasnt present.. the cam, however does give me more umph up top. Its the stall converter that shoots me out of the hole. Shoot me a message sometime, i'll take ya for a ride.. And Daddy Z, next time we meet up, i'll take ya for a ride as well..or better yet, since you let me drive, its only fair that I do the same
Old 10-29-2003, 06:06 PM
NissanJunkie

I WANT TO BE THERE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!, Damn bobby thats alot of bolt-ons, you make it sound like Intake and Exhaust, but yet, thats quite well put together, in other words thats some cool ****!
Old 10-29-2003, 06:54 PM
Rob Nance

heh, stall converter, hell yeah, that's not your normal light-to-light bolt on. I bet you embarrass a lot of people off the line.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:39 AM
Bobby C 01TA

Originally posted by Rob Nance
heh, stall converter, hell yeah, that's not your normal light-to-light bolt on. I bet you embarrass a lot of people off the line.
heh.. the 3200 stall is actually pretty small compared to the majority of people with stall converters.. I used to only have headers and the car launched pretty good but it didnt slingshot..I really wasnt to worried about running AWD cars before the stall either.. sometimes I would win and other times they would out launch me. Once I got the stall and got used to it, I was begging to run AWD cars.. Even modded EVo's, WRX's, etc couldnt keep up with me from a stop and after the launch I would just pull harder and harder. With only 312 rwhp and 371 rwt, I was winning 95% of my races. The stall converter actually isnt as efficient on the hwy..meaning that the converter produces lots of torque but robs hp..so I decided to get a simple Z06 cam which is so mild u cant even tell its in the car. The cam gave me some top end and bossted my rwhp from 312 to 353 and my Torque from 371 to 407 to the wheels.. Getting my a/f in line also helped free some hp thats always welcome My speciality is going from a stop.. heck, a real race is from a stop.. all about traction and reaction..even in a Automatic car

Last edited by Bobby C 01TA; 10-30-2003 at 05:41 AM.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:44 PM
reelmcoy

My speciality is going from a stop.. heck, a real race is from a stop..
Thats is why you are called Dead Stop Bobby.