Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[Houston]: VO's Beast. Finally Getting An Uprev Tune and Dyno Tomorrow...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 06:36 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Finally had the chance to take the Z out for an evening cruise. Man, I can really feel the difference the tune made. The Z feels like a different car now. I love the lower end torque I have now compared to previous. It's just so much more fun to drive now...
Old 04-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by vo7848
Noice. I'm looking forward to it today. You should come up Rob if you have nothing going on man. By the way, BIYM...
LOL @ BIYM.

been busy lately or i would have bro. glad you like your tune.

i love the cruise control switches after the flash. change on the fly and its sleeper as fawk.

Valve body is going out in the daily. I might as well rebuild. "might as well" were my famous last words on the Z...now look at it. Don't be surprised if i show up one day in a fully built supercharged suburban. LOL
Old 04-27-2010, 11:37 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by Old School
LOL @ BIYM.

been busy lately or i would have bro. glad you like your tune.

i love the cruise control switches after the flash. change on the fly and its sleeper as fawk.

Valve body is going out in the daily. I might as well rebuild. "might as well" were my famous last words on the Z...now look at it. Don't be surprised if i show up one day in a fully built supercharged suburban. LOL
I can picture the Burb built. It would make for a good trip to the Renaissance Festival this coming October...
Old 04-27-2010, 01:25 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Originally Posted by fithamoto
Sounds like it was well worth the drive to have it done.

Can you please share the cost of what something like that runs....I would like to this by mid summer to late summer.

Or throw me a PM if you'd rather not disclose.

Nice gains tho !
Chris, I think a handful of us wanted to drive down to UpRev together to all get tuned. I know I certainly do. Enough FX's have done it since, along with the Z/G's I've read about, to really make me want it now.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:56 AM
jumbosrule

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StuLax18
Chris, I think a handful of us wanted to drive down to UpRev together to all get tuned. I know I certainly do. Enough FX's have done it since, along with the Z/G's I've read about, to really make me want it now.
Yeah - I had my FX tuned at Jtran. Completely changed the feel and response in a good way - I would absolutely recommend it for any FX. Numbers for an FX are going to be lower because of our larger drivetrain loss.

This tune was done with a CAI, header wrap, Stillen dual exhaust, Fluidampr crank and UR lightweight pulleys. Stock wheels (weighing in around 70lbs each).

The baseline run showed running rich and lean in different RPM ranges. JTran smoothed out the AFR and the dyno shows huge gains in torque and moderate gains in HP.

About a month later I had Powerfab dyno my car just to see numbers on a completely different dyno/load. I expected to see different numbers for sure. But these charts should be a lesson to anybody. Dynos are different beasts and are used best as a tool for relative improvements.

Since this second dyno run was only after the tune, I have no way of seeing the relative improvement from the tune on Powerfab's dyno. However, this second dyno is actually a baseline for my FX - after my FI is installed, I'll have both charts so I can see the relative improvements.

Last edited by jumbosrule; 04-28-2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by vo7848
I can picture the Burb built. It would make for a good trip to the Renaissance Festival this coming October...
LOL. As long as it scares away the gay horseman and the camels you like to ride. :P
Old 04-29-2010, 09:52 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by Old School
LOL. As long as it scares away the gay horseman and the camels you like to ride. :P
Man b00bage FTL...
Old 05-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember, Jtran Studios is here in Houston, we are an Authorized/Licensed Uprev Tuning Facility, therefore you dont have to go to Austin if you choose you can come to Houston
- Amber
Jtran Studios
Old 05-02-2010, 11:13 AM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

VO how does the Uprev work? Is is a Piggyback like a UTEC? What is the Cipher cable need for- the shop has the Uprev unit and You just have the cable or what? Is it something I should look into when I go single turbo or is it not functional enough? Right now I only have a Popcharger, Skunk2 spacer and Invidia N1 exhaust... Is it worth tuning NA?