Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Trophy Nissan Sux

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 08:51 AM
NissanJunkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trophy Nissan Sux

So i am out cruiseing like always, well i am on the highway(US 75) and a Miata , SS Montecarlo (OLD SCHOOL) and a Eclipse run up on me, well i down shift and the SS is pretty quick so he is at my bumper from 90-110, then i shift to 5th and its over but by the time i shut down i was at 136 (i dont usally go that fast) to my shock so i exit and procede to go to a party..... well i come out about a hour later and i get in, i open the door for my lady friend, get in and turn the car on, *BEEP* *BEEP* as i look up and my tire pressure on back left side is low to 14 Psi!! so i go to Quik Trip and full it up to 36, and it doesnt leak on the way home, so i park, go to sleep...

*The next day*
I wake up get in and procede to drive my lady friend home, *BEEP* *BEEP* 0 Psi in back left tire!!!!! So well **** there i am on the road about 2 blocks from my house with a flat.... so i drive to local BridgeStone shop, drop it off with Zeek in the office, (this guy looked at me and smiled with all 7 of his pearly whites, and said "boy that car sure is pretty", which really did scare me in the way he sounded like a guy off Deliverance) I so tell him i think i have a flat, and as i get on the ground to look at it, well it lookes like a steal nail with the diameter of a Qaurter, well i asked him to patch it, he nodds, and i get a ride home... 3 hours later.... I get a call "Mr. Shaw, well both of your tires have alot of wear on them and the left tire is not repairable, so with 2 new tires, your total comes to $578.99!!! Well i look in my warrenty (Should have done this in the first place) and i think that my tire is covered over my 10 year 100,000 warrenty, so i have "BigBass" towing company tow me there, it being sunday they are not open so as i follow the tow truck driver, who thinks he is a in the Indy 500 to get to the dealership while he tears through traffic, but none the less got there safely, so he unhooks me and my car is now 30 mins away in Mequite, this is sadly one of th worst and coldest dayz for me and my Z, i miss my baby already...

But to my point, who here thinks the tires will be under warrenty? (they have only 4400 miles on them, granted with a lot of burnouts, but i would still triple the wear and be fine).... with more then 1 puncture are they really un-repairable? or was this guy trying to make some $ of a 18 year old kid? (I seem to think so), And i am still stumped where i could have picked up the nails! Either on 635 where alot of consturction is going on, or when i was messing with the guys on 75, or mabe a sadistic person at the party......

Not a good sunday....

So then i pull up to my ride Monday night, and drive home, i park and go to sleep wake up turn the key and Beep ****en Beep, my tire is flat again, after they fixed it, and after paying 89 bones, and waiting for an hour for them to look up for my touch up paint...... I hate my dealer they are not friendly/organized/ or able to suite me, and now i have to drive another 30 mins on a spare to get the repaired tire repaired!!!!!

-Mason
Old 11-25-2003, 09:29 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

"10 year 100,000 warrenty"

Never heard of such a thing, are you thinking of Kia or Hyndai?

Nissan doesn't have a 10 year warranty the last I checked. The most you can get is a 6 year/100,000.

Am I wrong folks?

Now to your tire warranty. Did you buy the wheel/tire extended warranty? By the looks of it, you didn't, so your out of luck.

The only thing Nissan covers is the TSB on tire feathering, ect. They do not cover burnouts, and nails, punctures, ect.

Also, take a look at this Z doing about 60 miles an hour slower than you were doing. Think about that picture the next time you street race.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=683532&page=1

Why do you hate the dealer, its not their fault.
Attached Thumbnails Trophy Nissan Sux-nph-cachecam.jpg  
Old 11-25-2003, 06:20 PM
gooters

I think there is 10 year 100K on the powertrain? Where have I seen a post kinda like that?
Old 11-25-2003, 08:25 PM
FLY BY Z

3/36 on the car; 5/60 on the powertrain and the manuf or dealer does not warranty tires. You have a warranty on the tires through the tire manuf. It covers defects. Nails are not defects, they just suck. With more than one puncture or with a puncture in certain locations, the tire shop cannot patch by law. They have to replace them. Part of upkeep. EVERYBODY runs over nails and other things at one point or another. I have ruined many good tires because of road hazards. It is part of the roadgoing world. There is a goodwill clause that most manuf. have that will cover some of the cost of a new tire if something abnormal happens to it before it wears out that is not a defect. Good luck.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:33 PM
NissanJunkie

All in all after turkey day i had it all straightend out, i got a new tire for free!, and yes there is a 10year 100,000 mile, and yes my dealer does warrenty the tires for punctures b4 22,000 miles. I am sorry for your loss about your friend in the 350. But as i ask, keep your opinions 2 your self i am not all gung ho on racing in busy areas as some people(PIC) might be....
Old 11-28-2003, 07:14 PM
FLY BY Z

the 10/100 is an extended warranty though right?
Old 11-28-2003, 07:27 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally posted by NissanJunkie
All in all after turkey day i had it all straightend out, i got a new tire for free!, and yes there is a 10year 100,000 mile, and yes my dealer does warrenty the tires for punctures b4 22,000 miles. I am sorry for your loss about your friend in the 350. But as i ask, keep your opinions 2 your self i am not all gung ho on racing in busy areas as some people(PIC) might be....
10 year/100,00 mile warranty huh? The most I saw was 6 year/100,000 miles gold warranty. (I could be wrong, it might be up to 7 years but def. not 10). Care to show the facts?

And I can voice my opinions on any thread I want. 136 mph is kinda fast, dont you think, and you were racing on a public roadway. I understand you don't normally speed, that one instance just was dumb. At least you didn't have an innocent passenger to endanger.

Okay I'm done rambling. Blah Blah Blah!
Old 11-28-2003, 08:22 PM
FLY BY Z

NissanJunkie while I don't care what you do with yourself I do have to say one thing. Your story would have been exactly the same if you had left out the racing part. You included it so people could read about you driving fast. It has nothing to do with any other part of your experience with a flat tire and certainly has nothing to do with the title of your thread. Anything you post on a public forum is certainly open to criticism or praise. If you don't want one, you can't have the other. In the future, don't include what you don't want commented on. I mean, people will take your photograph you post and photoshop the crap out of it. On the same note, people have ideas and opinions. This is in fact America, land of the free. But a man can never truly be free until he can tolerate another man's opposing opinion. What are you gonna do? Live and let live.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:42 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to be honest, if your dealer or the tire people had known you was driving excessively fast, you would be footing the bill.
Old 11-29-2003, 08:34 AM
takes12no1z

Default An 18 year old with a 350?

I would not have survived, hell we nearly killed ourselves in a 110HP Volkswagon GTI.

Anyway, I don't see how Trophy sucks. Once you've lived a while you will find that mistakes happen. Especially when it comes to car repair.

With the way you drive you should rethink getting your tire patched. Going over 130 puts alot of stress on tires, and a puncture could lead to failure at a very inopportune time.

The thing that bothered me most about this post is when you say" They ran up on you". Where you in the passing lane? It's just my pet peeve. It's really bad here in North Texas. People don't have a clue you should only be in the left lane when passing. I wish they would enforce that. Traffic would be a lot better.
Old 11-29-2003, 03:41 PM
moog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nails & potholes and the like suck. They're just a road hazard, and you have to live with it. Thankfully I have friends that work at tire shops that can "warranty" mine out for me.

Last edited by moog; 11-29-2003 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-29-2003, 04:15 PM
gooters

Default Re: An 18 year old with a 350?

Originally posted by takes12no1z
I would not have survived, hell we nearly killed ourselves in a 110HP Volkswagon GTI.

Anyway, I don't see how Trophy sucks. Once you've lived a while you will find that mistakes happen. Especially when it comes to car repair.

With the way you drive you should rethink getting your tire patched. Going over 130 puts alot of stress on tires, and a puncture could lead to failure at a very inopportune time.

The thing that bothered me most about this post is when you say" They ran up on you". Where you in the passing lane? It's just my pet peeve. It's really bad here in North Texas. People don't have a clue you should only be in the left lane when passing. I wish they would enforce that. Traffic would be a lot better.
From the looks of the post...I seriously doubt he was just putting along in the passing lane.

btw, that is a pet peeve of mine too. It is now illegal in TX to drive in the left lane unless you are passing somebody (i.e. you cannot legally drive neck and neck with someone in the left lane)
Old 11-29-2003, 05:01 PM
Enron Exec

Oh really? Thats good news for me.

Come to think of it, this might somewhat explain what happened to me yesterday on the north stretch of Beltway 8 and 59. I was going west bound doing 100 in the left lane w/o knowing it. A lot of traffic was joining the Beltway from the 59 ramp. I suddenly noticed a Sheriffs dept patrol car in that crowd on the ramp and immediately hit the brakes. I only managed to slow down to about 70 before I was neck and neck to the patrol car. We where 3 lanes apart when he proceeded to change lanes all the way to the left. That’s when he turned on his lights and I **** my pants. I began to change lanes one at a time. I was only in the 2nd left most lane when he turned off his lights. I thought I was done for.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:48 PM
NissanJunkie

Default Re: Re: An 18 year old with a 350?

Originally posted by gooters
From the looks of the post...I seriously doubt he was just putting along in the passing lane.

btw, that is a pet peeve of mine too. It is now illegal in TX to drive in the left lane unless you are passing somebody (i.e. you cannot legally drive neck and neck with someone in the left lane)
Actually no, that is not a law, they are in the process's in makeing that a law and it has not yet passed.....

I was in the 2nd to the right lane on 75 by springcreek when the 3 of them ran up on me slowed and waited for a response.

And yes i am going to copy the Warranty sheet to my scanner after i white out my personal info 2 prove my warranty of 10/100,000 because some people dont belive me.... Oh Btw, got 2 brand new tires out of it because i ended up talking to the S.A. at Trophy....... no more patch's.....
Old 12-03-2003, 08:48 PM
NTB Mike

When they gave the free tire, what was their reasoning behind it?
Old 12-03-2003, 09:15 PM
NissanJunkie

**** i am not trying to get a investigation Mr.NTB...... I got a free tire, and about to get the New tranny out for the Z aswell, i dont wanna screw up ties with them at this moment./.....
Old 12-03-2003, 09:22 PM
NTB Mike

I am not investigating anything with anybody for anybody? I have customers call all the time asking if I can warrant their tires that they have from a new car purchase.

The only investigation I am doing is if I can use the same reasoning the dealership used to Bridgestone so I can help you guys as well, instead of the dealership. Good luck and I apologize for any misunderstanding.

Last edited by NTB Mike; 12-04-2003 at 03:30 AM.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:00 AM
FLY BY Z

Default Re: Re: Re: An 18 year old with a 350?

Originally posted by NissanJunkie
Actually no, that is not a law, they are in the process's in makeing that a law and it has not yet passed.....
Actually I think it is a law. Signs posted in black and white are laws. The speed limit is black and white. So are the ones that say "Slower traffic keep right" and "left lane for passing only - don't slow Texas down." People just drive right by them and don't give a sht. Then they get mad when I wait behind them for them to move over. I wait a good minute before passing on the right. Most people finally move but it seems that they get in a bad mood when they do. They should have been in one of the right lanes to begin with.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:17 AM
Montez

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: An 18 year old with a 350?

Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head
Actually I think it is a law. Signs posted in black and white are laws. The speed limit is black and white. So are the ones that say "Slower traffic keep right" and "left lane for passing only - don't slow Texas down." People just drive right by them and don't give a sht. Then they get mad when I wait behind them for them to move over. I wait a good minute before passing on the right. Most people finally move but it seems that they get in a bad mood when they do. They should have been in one of the right lanes to begin with.
I agree!