Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Please Help - Stolen Z!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 07:57 AM
silverzman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help - Stolen Z!!!

Hey Guys,

The worst thing imaginable has happened. I've had to report my Z as stolen. Please be on the lookout for a Chrome Silver Z with License Plate S91 CCJ. Last seen in the Uptown Dallas area on Thursday night. We believe it may have been towed, but the Dallas Auto Pound has no record of it.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:03 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

damn, i hope you the best luck in getting it back (like you remember it!!)

ccj is easy to remember.. i will keep an eye out.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:22 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Damn. Sorry to hear that--Mike's right, CCJ is easy to remember, I'll look out for it, too.

I hope you get your car back the way it was. Good luck.
Old 12-06-2003, 11:07 AM
silverzman

Thanks so much guys! It's so hard to sit around and not be able to do anything about it and just wait for some call that may never come.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:23 PM
silverzman

FINALLY, a story with a happy ending. Turns out my car WAS towed and when it when it ended up at the pound, it was registered under a different license plate for some reason. Anyways, no damage to the exterior, no under carriage damage, and my valentine one was even still in it. I will finally sleep well knowing my car is back in it's garage!
Old 12-06-2003, 10:25 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Glad to hear it bro... think it's time for LoJack now?
Old 12-07-2003, 08:12 AM
FLY BY Z

Wow, that's great you found it. Why did it get towed?
Old 12-07-2003, 10:07 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Wow, glad to hear you're car is okay, but I'm with Potato--why did it get towed?
Old 12-08-2003, 07:19 AM
zcardave

....as we all wait in silent suspense...

Must have been a real goober-move !

Just glad for the happy ending
Old 12-08-2003, 02:53 PM
silverzman

Partially, stupid move yes....but if you've ever experienced food poisoning you will understand. All of a sudden, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I jumped into my car and headed to my friends apartments that was about two blocks away. All I'm thinking is a good toilet right now. At this point, I am driving and puking at the same time. I parked in a spot I've parked many times before. Officially, it belongs to the apartment complex, but from what I've learned now wreckers tow from there all the time. I quickly exited my car and even left my hazards on. After about one hour of heavy puking and you know what else, I went back down to check on my car. Sure enough it was gone! Well, a reputable wrecker is required to call within 2 hours to the central station to state they have towed a car way. My shady wrecker called 3 DAYS later! I still trying to figure out where my car sat for 3 DAYS. Luckily, I'm seeing no damage to it what so ever. So that's the way the story ends....
Old 12-08-2003, 04:06 PM
350zSpeedRacer

Wow, that just plain blows.
Old 12-08-2003, 05:13 PM
Beaker02

Life sucks then you die.

Crappy story man!
Old 12-09-2003, 12:45 AM
Rob Nance

It's totally ricidulous to me that wreckers can just cruise around apartment complexes and tow anyone they feel like. If your tire is over a line, tow, handicap spot, tow, parked along a curb, tow. It's easy money for them, so they patrol all the time. I went in to my friends apartment for 10 mins one night, parked in the handicap spot right in front of her place because I was just helping her carry stuff in, then leaving. They must have pulled up right after I parked because they were getting in position to tow it when I walked out. The guy tried to say tell me they were going to tow it regardless of the fact that I was there. I told him that I am going to back into him and then call the police and say you rear ended me if you don't move your truck. He called me an *******, and moved his truck. Probably not the smartest thing to do, since I know that dude will be waiting for me to slip up again in the future, but he was the one being the *******.

EDIT: has there always been a language filter here?
Old 12-09-2003, 08:23 AM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

that crap happens all the time in austin...

Me and my friend went to this girls apartment ot move a TV upstairs... came down 5 minutes later.... car was gone... towed.

He parked in a resident spot only... most of these looking for quick cash wrecker services are stupid necks and but heads...
Old 12-09-2003, 09:51 AM
gooters

Originally posted by silverzman
I quickly exited my car and even left my hazards on. After about one hour of heavy puking and you know what else, I went back down to check on my car. Sure enough it was gone! Well, a reputable wrecker is required to call within 2 hours to the central station to state they have towed a car way. My shady wrecker called 3 DAYS later! I still trying to figure out where my car sat for 3 DAYS.
Reputable wrecker company...BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! AHHHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Oh man, you are great! That was hilarious. sigh, heehee.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:13 PM
Rob Nance

Originally posted by gooters
Reputable wrecker company...BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! AHHHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Oh man, you are great! That was hilarious. sigh, heehee.
Seriously, that's an oxymoron. I used to work at an outdoor theater and have heard a books worth of stories about wrecker companies in Houston from this guy who actually runs one of the few reputable wrecker companies in North Houston. Milstead automotive will go the wrong way up access roads, run lights, etc to get to wrecks first. They have apparently almost lost their license as a company on a dozen occasions. They have been responsible for maming and even deaths of people while driving like idiots. One of them pulled out onto a feeder road without looking to see who was coming, in a flat bed truck, and the girl they pulled out in front of was decapitated by the bed as she slammed into it. I wouldn't give those guys any business if my car was going to be flooded even. On a side note, that company that is good, is Woodlands Auto Body, Dewayne .... crap, forgot his last name, runs it. Good guy.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:24 PM
gooters

I think I hate wrecker companies (except Dewayne) even more than cops. If I had a flame thrower on my car, I would torch every wrecker I passed.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Inova

oh man. ill be sure to keep an eye out for that. just let us know when it's been 3 days
Old 12-28-2003, 11:35 AM
Cat 1

I'm thankful that you got it back...
I have only had one problem with werckers in this town. The gal that parked next to me has a 6th generation Accord in silver, mine is a 5th Generation Accord also in silver... Her's wouldn't start one day and she called for it to be towed to a "fix it" place.
They hooked up MY car and started to drag it back, my alarm went off and I was out on the porch (3rd floor). Telling them that they had the wrong car. The cat told me to shut up through a bunch of explitives and that he was taking the car to be fixed. I told him he had the wrong car again and if he continued to attempt to move it I would be forced to take "action" to prevent him from stealing my car. The gal that had the broken car came out and told the operator that "that is the wrong car". He said he didn't care, "A silver honda is a silver honda, and this one is going to be towed, cause I already have it hooked up".
She told him again that he had the wrong car... I told him to stop trying to steal my car. He didn't listen to either of us... Then it got bad, sadly...
After the police report was completed, I was found innocent of discharging a firearm within city limits. I hurt his truck severly 10 .45 rounds do mess things up a bit. He was arrested for attempted grand theft of an automobile. And his licence was revoked and the towing company is being sued by the complex owners.

Last edited by Cat 1; 12-28-2003 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:17 PM
Rob Nance

Dude, even if that's a total fabrication, you're my hero. Good stuff.

Originally posted by Cat 1
I'm thankful that you got it back...
I have only had one problem with werckers in this town. The gal that parked next to me has a 6th generation Accord in silver, mine is a 5th Generation Accord also in silver... Her's wouldn't start one day and she called for it to be towed to a "fix it" place.
They hooked up MY car and started to drag it back, my alarm went off and I was out on the porch (3rd floor). Telling them that they had the wrong car. The cat told me to shut up through a bunch of explitives and that he was taking the car to be fixed. I told him he had the wrong car again and if he continued to attempt to move it I would be forced to take "action" to prevent him from stealing my car. The gal that had the broken car came out and told the operator that "that is the wrong car". He said he didn't care, "A silver honda is a silver honda, and this one is going to be towed, cause I already have it hooked up".
She told him again that he had the wrong car... I told him to stop trying to steal my car. He didn't listen to either of us... Then it got bad, sadly...
After the police report was completed, I was found innocent of discharging a firearm within city limits. I hurt his truck severly 10 .45 rounds do mess things up a bit. He was arrested for attempted grand theft of an automobile. And his licence was revoked and the towing company is being sued by the complex owners.

Quick Reply: Please Help - Stolen Z!!!