Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Need a "Hot" diagnostic person in San Antonio

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Need a "Hot" diagnostic person in San Antonio

As reflected in my Posts I know Zs but my '03 with 72,000 miles on it has the ALL warning lights on problem and has since 50,000 or so. It is for sale and IT HAS to be fixed. I dont drive it and it is not even registered. I take it out twice a month for a blow out...4-5 miles or so. Any input from someone that has the Z diagnostics that can come and figure out the prob. Im super busy all the time but work at home. Its beyond my OBD II. THERE ARE NO DRIVABILITY PROBS. Lotsa mods but this came up long after. I lived with it but it is freaking out buyers.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:39 PM
hellsoldiers08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any list of codes it throwing?
Old 04-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Eazzy

My OBD II diagnostic is showing zero codes. All lights including air bag are on. Long before this problem my 2 inch drop and 19-35 tires demanded I turn off slip control otherwise it would kick in and give me a shut down at inopportune times. I just made the habit of starting the car and switching it off (Slip Control) which I prefer. Others had that prob too and got in the habit of doing likewise. This was discussed here yrs back.
Many miles went on this car before the dash light ordeal. On VERY RARE occasions the lights DON'T come on and surprises me with the shutdown. I back off throttle til it syncs then hit the switch. This is very rare. The lights will remain off but next start-up...Lights again.

Last edited by Eazzy; 04-24-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:24 PM
hellsoldiers08

hmm do you think it could be a dash problem??
Old 04-24-2012, 11:29 PM
Eazzy

Well, yes, the dash problem is that it looks like a Christmas Tree and The 4th of July collided. JK. It COULD well be a Bust in the Dash hs '08. I have no way of diagnosing. Iv had this dash out a half dozen times and other peoples Z dashs out a dozen times.
I'm getting the responses on my Android and getting up from bed to hit the PC.
All input is welcome but I need someone that has had direct experience with this prob and solved it or someone that has access to the Nissan Diagnostic Software to dig deeper in the system than the OBD II can. I dont recall what their system is called off hand.
Is it ECM or a Black Box down stream from the ECM ? Possibly a ABS control malfunction ? ABS Sensors? Sensors elsewhere ? I personally Supercharged this car and Turboed others but am meticulous with initial ECM connections and Disconnections. Im N/A now... BUT ??? Is this a belated reaction ? Im so wicked busy with business and after 35 yrs of building and owning fast cars/boats/Harleys am a little burnt out from it.
Two heads are better than one so long as they are experienced heads and I love it when someone is sharper than me.

I believe this is something simple but I just haven't hit on it.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:27 PM
hellsoldiers08

my best advice is to contact up rev and you may have to take a little trip to austin and let them see what going on.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Eazzy

Im very familiar with the guys at Up Rev as I am with my old Dyno owners---I supplied most with the Software . The car is unregistered and will remain so. Its under cover and Detailed.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Eazzy

PIC ---
Attached Thumbnails Need a "Hot" diagnostic person in San Antonio-my-z-004.jpg  
Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Eazzy

Thanks for the input Hellsoldier08 though. I know the Zs inside and out. But I have moved on. I want this to be simple because I have so much going and its annoying me. I seldom dont have the answers. I dont want to register it again with insurance just to drive to Austin for a "Maybe" I need a Nissan tech with talent and software that wants to make compensation to solve the prob. Cash is not the prob....A hassle is. Also Iv lost 3 buyers with cash in pocket because of a bust in my system that hinders drivability ZERO. Idiot lights scare people to death in this world of electronic "trust" ...I trust the "Machine" The machine never lies, the lights do.