Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 11:24 PM
black06z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Uprev Osiris looks really good. I think I might just go full bolt-ons with the Osiris and call it a day. No need F/I.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:14 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by Vq.turbo.DremZ
i completely forgot about this thread... HAs anyone tried this on a revup yet?

And how does the Electronic Throttle Control work with osiris? Does it open the throttle body 100%? (if its true the the tb only opens 80% at wot)
I have a RevUp and am using Osiris. I haven't installed the "custom" maps yet, but the initial maps for my mods made quite a bit of difference. It smoothed out acceleration and improved mid range and upper RPM power.

As I understand the electronic throttle control issue, it is designed to start closing the throttle at upper RPM to "urge" the driver to shift. UpRev's Osiris flash changes the throttle to open 100%.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:59 PM
laswyguy

dude.. do a dyno please..
Old 08-20-2007, 01:01 PM
fast kiwi

+1
Old 08-20-2007, 02:13 PM
thinking

Okay, if anyone has an Osiris in the ATL area (or anywhere really) and does not want to pay for a dyno... I will. It will be done on a Dynojet on the southside of ATL. PM me for info. I will only do this for one person (not anybody that wants one).
Old 08-20-2007, 05:32 PM
s2k_G35

free dyno anyone in ATL want to try?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Conceyted

Just a small word of encouragement. My battery died over the weekend, and I installed a new battery on Sunday. After driving the car Sunday, Monday, and part of Tuesday I really was wondering what happened to my car. It didn't feel completely dead, just somewhat sluggish. Then I got the idea that maybe my map was offset because of the ECU reset (unplugging the battery). I selected map 4 (my tuned map) on the cruise control and within seconds I realized what I had been missing. I was running on the stock tune for the past 3 days! Having my tuned map back enabled feels like a completely different car. Before the headers it was noticable, but after the headers it was extremely necessary. On a stock tune my car feels sluggish in the low rpm range 2k-4k but with this tune my car begins to pull around 2500 and it just keeps going. I love my Osiris!
Old 08-22-2007, 08:16 AM
lightner22

Originally Posted by Conceyted
Just a small word of encouragement. My battery died over the weekend, and I installed a new battery on Sunday. After driving the car Sunday, Monday, and part of Tuesday I really was wondering what happened to my car. It didn't feel completely dead, just somewhat sluggish. Then I got the idea that maybe my map was offset because of the ECU reset (unplugging the battery). I selected map 4 (my tuned map) on the cruise control and within seconds I realized what I had been missing. I was running on the stock tune for the past 3 days! Having my tuned map back enabled feels like a completely different car. Before the headers it was noticable, but after the headers it was extremely necessary. On a stock tune my car feels sluggish in the low rpm range 2k-4k but with this tune my car begins to pull around 2500 and it just keeps going. I love my Osiris!
Sounds great. I'm not going to be able to hold out much longer.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:04 PM
n1sm0r

Is there ever gonna be a GB on this?
If not I'll order it anyway
Old 08-23-2007, 10:01 AM
PunKidd

There are still no plans for a GB.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Marshall2K

I'm thinking about doing the mail order UpRev tune with maps for $500 and save me two hundred dollars. I'll just have the wifey drive me to work a few days.

Anyone want to buy a complete CCNA home lab (2 routers and a switch)?
Old 08-24-2007, 09:16 AM
dTor

THINKING - CHECK YOUR PMS! I've got a change of plans and WILL be taking my car to ATL next weekend!!
Old 08-24-2007, 12:01 PM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So does this just tune the closed loop functions or does it tune the open loop as well?
Old 08-26-2007, 10:16 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by Marshall2K
I'm thinking about doing the mail order UpRev tune with maps for $500 and save me two hundred dollars. I'll just have the wifey drive me to work a few days.
That would save $200, but you would miss out on the Cipher software and the ability for a free re-tune with the Osiris kit.

The tune you would get from UpRev would be similar (exact?) to the first generic tune you would get from UpRev with Osiris. It would be for your specific mods, but not tuned for your specific car. I don't want to downplay it, that's what I'm using right now and it makes a tremendous difference. I think getting a tune for your specific car, using data captured with Cipher, is the best deal... and you can capture more data and get a newer "tune" if you change mods in the future.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:22 PM
LSUmark

Originally Posted by __jb
The tune you would get from UpRev would be similar (exact?) to the first generic tune you would get from UpRev with Osiris. It would be for your specific mods, but not tuned for your specific car. I don't want to downplay it, that's what I'm using right now and it makes a tremendous difference. I think getting a tune for your specific car, using data captured with Cipher, is the best deal... and you can capture more data and get a newer "tune" if you change mods in the future.
how does that work?

is the cipher a specific tool/program which generates some sort of graph/information about your car? what sort of information does it capture and how does it get the info?

what format is it in if this is the case and how would you relay that to the guys at uprev?

sorry, i have a very limited information base about these ECU functions.

also, how beneficial would something like an ecu reflash be with intake and spacer as your only mods?
Old 08-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Conceyted

generally, a reflash gives around 10rwhp give or take. with any or no mods at all you would notice this reflash. It is not just about smoothing out your AFR but also about removing some of the stock limitations from the ECU. The Osiris/Cipher comes with a disc and the software on that disc logs the ecu parameters of your choice. UpRev will tell you what they need from you to tune your car. You would log the runs as they need and then send them the logs via email. They would then fine tune your car using the logs and send you back another tune via email. You would then take that tune and reflash again. Continue to do this until you are happy. I'd recommend reading this entire thread, though.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:50 PM
LSUmark

Smile

Originally Posted by Conceyted
generally, a reflash gives around 10rwhp give or take. with any or no mods at all you would notice this reflash. It is not just about smoothing out your AFR but also about removing some of the stock limitations from the ECU. The Osiris/Cipher comes with a disc and the software on that disc logs the ecu parameters of your choice. UpRev will tell you what they need from you to tune your car. You would log the runs as they need and then send them the logs via email. They would then fine tune your car using the logs and send you back another tune via email. You would then take that tune and reflash again. Continue to do this until you are happy. I'd recommend reading this entire thread, though.

thanks for the response

what i was wondering specifically is how you "log a run" and what that entails. like, what exactly is logging a run?

and what format this information would be delivered in on your pc. and then how you would send that info to uprev?

i have read through almost all of the thread though, perhaps i missed a post or two that explained my questions above.

ill try to go back through it.

thanks again for the help
Old 08-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Conceyted

Originally Posted by LSUmark
thanks for the response

what i was wondering specifically is how you "log a run" and what that entails. like, what exactly is logging a run?

and what format this information would be delivered in on your pc. and then how you would send that info to uprev?

i have read through almost all of the thread though, perhaps i missed a post or two that explained my questions above.

ill try to go back through it.

thanks again for the help
I believe you are overcomplicating things in your mind. The software that comes with Osiris connects to your vehicle via the cipher cable. You click connect on the software. then you select monitor/record parameters. a window comes up and you select which parameters you want to monitor. a screen comes up with digital gauges and a button at the bottom is there to click log. when log it clicked it records these parameters until you stop logging. from there the file is then saved in an encrypted format and able to be chart plotted by the software as well. You can then zip these files and send them by email to uprev using your own email software. It would be the same as if you created 4000 lines in an excel file and each line was a different value for each sensor. You send this to uprev like you send your resume out to a company, attach it in the email and send away. Really really simple.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:29 PM
LSUmark

gotcha

so simply connecting it to the car is all that is necessary to upload all the information.

thx man, and yea, like i said, im not familliar with all the new ecu developments.

ive done alot of mechanical work on cars but nothing like this. im also not too quick with computers

and btw, thats awesome that you are from new orleans!

go saints!
Old 08-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Conceyted

haha, yea theres quite a few of us Z guys down here between new orleans and baton rouge. As far as "connecting it to your car" it honestly is that easy. if you look under the left side of the dash by your gas button to open your gas door you will see a white "port" this is the odbII port you are looking to plug the cable in to. other than that its following instructions.

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev