Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 06:54 AM
Marshall2K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The G35 owners are interested in this product too.
http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162472
Old 06-21-2007, 09:20 AM
FORZWIN

I'm intrigued by the group buy idea, and it seems as if you won't have any trouble moving this product using that option.

I share a common concern with many others, the ability for End User tuning. You say that an EU form of this software is in the works, but with no ETA, thats something I'd like to keep updated about. If I buy the current version of Osiris, is there a chance I can upgrade to the EU servicable version at a discounted rate? Thats really the only downside I see.

I do however forsee you being overwhelmed by the requests for map updates, unless you are using generic maps. Which leads me to another question. Are the maps we receive tuned for our specific application or to you provide a map that worked for someone else with similar modifications?

Other than that, I think the product is great and with the addition of an EU servicable version, it would easily become the tuning software of choice.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:08 AM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by ETTInnov03
I'm intrigued by the group buy idea, and it seems as if you won't have any trouble moving this product using that option.

I share a common concern with many others, the ability for End User tuning. You say that an EU form of this software is in the works, but with no ETA, thats something I'd like to keep updated about. If I buy the current version of Osiris, is there a chance I can upgrade to the EU servicable version at a discounted rate? Thats really the only downside I see.

I do however forsee you being overwhelmed by the requests for map updates, unless you are using generic maps. Which leads me to another question. Are the maps we receive tuned for our specific application or to you provide a map that worked for someone else with similar modifications?

Other than that, I think the product is great and with the addition of an EU servicable version, it would easily become the tuning software of choice.
You guys will be the first to know when and end user tunable version is ready, and I'm sure we will be able to offer an upgrade path for current Osiris users. Honestly, it will be the same software suite, just with the addition of a ROM editor so you can make your own adjustments.

Yep, we're already getting overwhelmed w/ map requests, but it's good to be busy . It's just another reason for us the finish the end user version.

The maps that we are providing are generic "off the shelf" maps that are based off of local customers that we've tuned on our dyno. We find the closest match for a particular set up and base the tune off of that. The off the shelf maps do have to be tuned down a bit since we can't run the vehicle on the dyno and make sure that everything is working as expected. If you push these ECU's too far they fall flat on their face. I'm talking losses of 20WHP and more if the ignition is too aggressive.

I think it was mentioned on here before, but we are currently offering an e-tuning service for Osiris users to dial in AFR. You email us Cipher logs and we email you updated ROMs to flash. This works good for people w/ 2004.5 and newer Zs that have the factory wide bands. We can tune the ignition this way is well, but that requires dyno pulls, so get gets very costly and it's a VERY slow process. We are reserving the right to charge for this service if we become overwhelmed w/ update requests.

Jared@UpRev.com
Old 06-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Jeff92se

Received 1,072 Likes on 964 Posts

Hmm. I have a G with out the widebands. ie.. early 03. What will my options be in regards to emailing the Cipher logs?

So I understand it that the mail in service is designed more around a/f tuning vs ign tuning?
Old 06-21-2007, 10:35 AM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Hmm. I have a G with out the widebands. ie.. early 03. What will my options be in regards to emailing the Cipher logs?

So I understand it that the mail in service is designed more around a/f tuning vs ign tuning?
Cipher logs aren't going to cut it w/o the widebands
You could install an innovate wideband w/ RPM pickup and we could do it that way if you want to spend the extra $$ on the WB.

We can tune the ignition, but that requires dyno pulls, so it's VERY expensive and VERY slow, so in most cases, it's not going to be worth the gains you'd get w/ fine tuning.
The base ignition tables in our off the shelf maps are already more aggressive than stock and MUCH smother, they just don't push the limits.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:21 AM
Jeff92se

Received 1,072 Likes on 964 Posts

Ah understood. Thanks for the quick and very complete reply!
Old 06-21-2007, 11:34 AM
dTor

Good, you just answered my question regarding the use of an aftermarket WBO2 sensor.

Are you going to tune just for WOT, or for partial throttle AFRs as well?
Old 06-21-2007, 12:07 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by dTor
Good, you just answered my question regarding the use of an aftermarket WBO2 sensor.

Are you going to tune just for WOT, or for partial throttle AFRs as well?
We can only do WOT via e-tune. We need to be on the vehicle to do partial throttle. There are some RAM values that we need to monitor to tune partial throttle. The ECU will run in closed loop for the majority of partial throttle, so it should do a pretty good job of learning and hitting the tuned AFR targets on it's own.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Beeker

Let's see if I got this right.

I can install this with the pre intalled map designed for my mods. I can then go to a dyno with my laptop attached. I can then email you the cipher file for you to inspect. If you feel there is room for improvement you can send me a new map to install.

Is that correct? I have an 05 btw.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:03 PM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can see where in the time ahead that charging for map updates could happen. But what would it cost? $20, $40, $60 ?

It's looking to be great tool. And I am ready to buy. I am still wishing for a GB or some kind of discount.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:04 PM
cdoxp800

Originally Posted by Beeker
Let's see if I got this right.

I can install this with the pre intalled map designed for my mods. I can then go to a dyno with my laptop attached. I can then email you the cipher file for you to inspect. If you feel there is room for improvement you can send me a new map to install.

Is that correct? I have an 05 btw.

You got it.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:17 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by cdoxp800
I can see where in the time ahead that charging for map updates could happen. But what would it cost? $20, $40, $60 ?

It's looking to be great tool. And I am ready to buy. I am still wishing for a GB or some kind of discount.
Unknown at this point.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:12 PM
z-u-later

UpRev FTW! They custom tuned my Z a few months ago and I highly recommend their tools & services. If you live close enough to Austin TX, I highly recommend you make an appointment & bring your Z in for the tune so you can take advantage of their in-house dyno also.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:53 PM
OH6 G35

Subscribing...
Old 06-21-2007, 08:54 PM
cdoxp800

Originally Posted by z-u-later
UpRev FTW! They custom tuned my Z a few months ago and I highly recommend their tools & services. If you live close enough to Austin TX, I highly recommend you make an appointment & bring your Z in for the tune so you can take advantage of their in-house dyno also.

Thats really good to here since they are a new company. I have seen nothing but positive comments about them.
I hope this help others to get there product.

C
Old 06-23-2007, 08:20 AM
cdoxp800

Well it looks like all the buzz has stopped on this.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:54 AM
RedondoG

Everyones thinking about when to pull the trigger on this...
Old 06-23-2007, 11:10 AM
cdoxp800

Me too. And my finger is itchy.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:01 PM
andy2434

Originally Posted by cdoxp800
Me too. And my finger is itchy.
I'm simply waiting for a Group Buy, hopefully.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:42 PM
OH6 G35

Me too....

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev