Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 12:05 AM
SergEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would just like to know if the 06 ECU's eventually "learn" around these flashes .....talking to cosworth about their new intake manifold they said the gains are "significant" in the upper rpm bands and the higher the revs the gains continue to rise

So being that I want the cos mani I have to buy a UTEC or something that can raise the revlimter to fully exploit the new hardware

But they mentioned the factory ECU learn around the tunes and I should get an FCON for tuning

While I would love to have an FCON I really dont want to buy something of that level if I dont need it just yet

If this can raise the limter and remain in the ECU without it learning around it I think for the money its a great deal

I dont mind a few pulls to get a good ballpark safe tune....the real question is which hardware Uprev will have access for tunes.....aka new cosworth intake manifold...I guess if someone near them with an 06 buys one they can eventually provide with a better ballpark tune

I think the most popular mods will be represented but each combo may be slightly different....

If an end user adujustable setup is sold what will the hardware/software differences be and how much (roughly) of a price difference will there be? I guess a solid price breakdown of the basic/EU adj unit would be nice for compaing them to the current options available (which arent too many lol)
Old 06-24-2007, 07:50 PM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The ECU cant learn around a reflash because the code on the ecu is changed
Old 06-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Never got an email or PM back about cipher owners who want to trade up to osiris

anyone?

Also --- was curious about the typical timing profile you guys would use... can we expect to see a change of more than +2 degrees of timing as cipher is already capable of?
Old 06-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Doc25398

Wired try pm-ing punkkid, he sent a pm out to the people wanting to upgrade.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:30 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Never got an email or PM back about cipher owners who want to trade up to osiris

anyone?

Also --- was curious about the typical timing profile you guys would use... can we expect to see a change of more than +2 degrees of timing as cipher is already capable of?
The timing is defiantly more than 2 degrees in some places, but the maps are MUCH smother than stock. Advance over stock varies from area to area in the map. It is quite a bit more aggressive in heavy load high RPMs.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:02 PM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey PunKidd,

On the website it ask for the ECU Part Number. Is there some way I can get that my-self.

Thanks,

Chad
Old 06-25-2007, 05:36 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by cdoxp800
Hey PunKidd,

On the website it ask for the ECU Part Number. Is there some way I can get that my-self.

Thanks,

Chad
1) Connect to vehicle w/ Cipher (if you know someone who has Cipher), and the text box after you connect will tell you.

2) Call your local dealership parts department w/ you VIN and they can tell you.

The ECU part number changes w/ software revisions, so even identical ECUs can have different part numbers (and they usually do). That's why there isn't a part number that you can get off the case.

-Jared
Old 06-25-2007, 11:09 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by rocks
The ECU cant learn around a reflash because the code on the ecu is changed
Several members with UTECs have had their ECU learn around it and/or their UTEC tunes getting "washed" away over time

This may be a 06+ problem but if it didnt happen I doubt people would make it up

If this indeed remains tuned than all the better....I still havent seen prices for the base model/ user adj model

Cosworth likes the FCON and everyone agrees its a great unit ....however for simple tuning its a bit much IMO and I think many 06 owners are looking for something we can count on without having to reflash our ECUs over and over....some have switched from MAFs to speed density with UTECs but that just adds more cost and work

Guess we can all hold our breath
Old 06-26-2007, 12:21 AM
Lady Jax
Drive For Pole

Default Volunteering to be Guinea Pigs!!

Ah, to he11 with it. I just ordered an Osiris and intend to use it on our G and our Z. Numerous mods on both. The G is an earlier '04 and the Z is an '06. So the G does not have the wide-band oxygen sensors and the Z may have a 're-learning' EMU and is about to go FI with a Vortech and a UTEC. I will post results/problems/answers as they arise. We may be inadverently assigning ourselves to the role of 'test-mules' for UpRev.

I'll let you know
Old 06-26-2007, 12:24 AM
Doc25398

I am already a step ahead of ya Lady Jax, hope it all works out well for both of us. Knowing uprev, this will be a worthwhile product

Alex
Old 06-26-2007, 04:22 AM
h8bumps

I guess I'm a guinea pig too -- sent my cipher cable back last week, waiting on Osiris. If it works well, I'll be selling my UTEC.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:24 AM
Pikespeak350Z

So there is a deal for current owners of cipher wanting to upgrade to osiris?
Old 06-26-2007, 06:05 AM
shifty711

Originally Posted by h8bumps
I guess I'm a guinea pig too -- sent my cipher cable back last week, waiting on Osiris. If it works well, I'll be selling my UTEC.

If I were you I would start charging at car meets. LOL
We all have to get together now that everyone is back in town.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:22 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by Pikespeak350Z
So there is a deal for current owners of cipher wanting to upgrade to osiris?
Yes. PM PunKidd.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:54 AM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by Lady Jax
Ah, to he11 with it. I just ordered an Osiris and intend to use it on our G and our Z. Numerous mods on both. The G is an earlier '04 and the Z is an '06. So the G does not have the wide-band oxygen sensors and the Z may have a 're-learning' EMU and is about to go FI with a Vortech and a UTEC. I will post results/problems/answers as they arise. We may be inadverently assigning ourselves to the role of 'test-mules' for UpRev.

I'll let you know
One thing that we can do to help w/ the ECU learning around the UTEC (or any piggy back) is we can set the AFR targets to whatever you are trying to hit w/ the UTEC. That way when the ECU does try to learn it will just get closer to the targets that you are shooting for.
Once you go FI, let me know what targets you want and I can send you an updated ROM to flash w/ the new targets.

-Jared.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:02 AM
RedondoG

Originally Posted by PunKidd
One thing that we can do to help w/ the ECU learning around the UTEC (or any piggy back) is we can set the AFR targets to whatever you are trying to hit w/ the UTEC. That way when the ECU does try to learn it will just get closer to the targets that you are shooting for.
Once you go FI, let me know what targets you want and I can send you an updated ROM to flash w/ the new targets.

-Jared.
Jared,
What about the ECU just relearning after a reflash on a N/A. will re-loading the reflash bring the ECU back to it's initial point?
Old 06-26-2007, 01:05 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by RedondoG
Jared,
What about the ECU just relearning after a reflash on a N/A. will re-loading the reflash bring the ECU back to it's initial point?
We reflash the ECU w/ new AFR targets, so when it does learn, it only gets closer to the targets that we set. So realy, the tune just gets better as the ECU learns.

-Jared
Old 06-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Jeff92se

Received 1,072 Likes on 964 Posts

We reflash the ECU w/ new AFR targets, so when it does learn, it only gets closer to the targets that we set. So realy, the tune just gets better as the ECU learns.

-Jared
Wonderful news Jared. Explains why reflashes don't have the ecu fighting it as with UTEC, eManage etc. etc. etc.

Question though. Does the stock ecu flip inbetween 1 or more ign and a/f maps also?

And has Cipher been able to fiddle with any of the auto tranny logic yet? (pls say yes hehe)
Old 06-26-2007, 02:36 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Wonderful news Jared. Explains why reflashes don't have the ecu fighting it as with UTEC, eManage etc. etc. etc.

Question though. Does the stock ecu flip inbetween 1 or more ign and a/f maps also?

And has Cipher been able to fiddle with any of the auto tranny logic yet? (pls say yes hehe)
There are multiple ignition maps (and others) that the ECU will run, based on knock detection, misfire detection, and a bunch of other variables. There are also multiple tables and values that play a factor in actual ignition advance being run... these ECUs are very dynamic.

No luck on the AT. We have learned a lot about them, but we're not able to offer tuning for the tranny controller yet.

-Jared.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Lady Jax
Drive For Pole

-Jared.

Thanks, Jared. I'll be in touch as soon as we get the Vortech installed. By the way, you mentioned that two vehicles can be licensed to one Osiris kit. The website does not provide any place for purchasing the other license. We should call for the particulars? Thanks, again!!!

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev