Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 01:13 PM
RedondoG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PunKidd
We always try to run w/ the latest Nissan update, so if we have the AC406 in house then Osiris will update your ECU.
I'll check this after noon when I'm off the dyno to see if we have the 406 in house.
-Jared.
Thanks Jared,
Will you be able to tell which order is mine?
Terry
Old 07-02-2007, 03:54 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by RedondoG
Thanks Jared,
Will you be able to tell which order is mine?
Terry
I'll be able to tell it's from Terry, so yes. As long as we don't get a bunch of Terrys in the next day or two
Old 07-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Doc25398

Guys just an update. Uprev's Osiris tool is beyond impressive. The ability to switch maps is great. Jared, is really helpful and makes the whole process worth while. There was some missing info on my request page so Jared, just remade the mapping for me again. Overall an awesome product. I definatly feel some mid range and top end increase. This will definatly be an amazing tool when an end user version is realeased.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:05 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

The above image on the UpRev site makes it look like the Osiris software "brands" the ECU part number with the text "UPREV Flashed ECU." Is this true, or does it only show up when connectiong vis Osiris?

Can this "Branding" be turned off?

What does the Consult2 show?
Old 07-03-2007, 03:02 PM
GolfinZ

Im pretty sure the consult will not see the flash. Jared, have any testers for the intake yet? I just got my paycheck and would like to talk...pm me.

Brian
Old 07-04-2007, 04:35 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by __jb
The above image on the UpRev site makes it look like the Osiris software "brands" the ECU part number with the text "UPREV Flashed ECU." Is this true, or does it only show up when connectiong vis Osiris?

Can this "Branding" be turned off?

What does the Consult2 show?
I just re-read the thread and found where Jared actually answered this question. I must have missed it the first time through.

The only way that the dealer is going to be able to tell if you have Osiris is if they know about map switching and how to use it.

We have a consult II in house and there isn’t anything that the dealer tool can do that will let them know you’ve been flashed.

Currently Osiris does not flash back to 100% stock. You can flash to stock values, but the maps switching will still be in place. Reverting back to 100% stock and getting your license off of the ECU is a feature that we’re still working on.
Converting the ECU back to 100% stock would be a nice feature.

Maybe you could add "Save" and "Restore" existing firmware options... In your spare time of course...
Old 07-04-2007, 06:57 PM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by __jb
I just re-read the thread and found where Jared actually answered this question. I must have missed it the first time through.

Converting the ECU back to 100% stock would be a nice feature.

Maybe you could add "Save" and "Restore" existing firmware options... In your spare time of course...

+1111 that would be great
Old 07-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Lady Jax
Drive For Pole

Default Running with Osiris

As promised, checking back in now that we have reflashed the first car (we are waiting on the ROM for the second car).

We had some initial confusion (mostly on our part) with the ordering process and the second license. Teething problems are inevitable but they were easily sorted; thanks, Jared.

All five maps are reflashed and available through the cruise control switches. Our Z has only mild tuning with a CAI and HKS true dual exhaust but the performance map gives a notable improvement. We have two valet maps with rpm limited at 4,000rpm on both and speed limited at 30mph and 50mph, respectively. The rpm limit is engaged with the fuel cut-off so there is a notable 'stutter' and no advancement in rpm. The speed cut-off appears to use the throttle position sensor as there is no 'stutter' just no further acceleration despite flooring the throttle. The first map is an enhanced stock map utilizing 93 octane while the fifth map is stock utilizing lower octane (just in case).

All the maps have the idle increased to 950rpm (anticipating the installation of the Vortech supercharger) and the speed limiter removed.

Switching between the maps is seamless, no 'stutter', no engine dying. Albeit, this must be done at less than 1600rpm per the UpRev instructions and we always stopped to do the switching.

We are very happy with the reflash, the maps and the switching feature. All told, very worthwhile. In the future we intend to utilize Jared's skill with setting 'target' AFR's in the stock ECU to help the UTEC to control the supercharger maps as he described earlier.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:56 PM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Very good to here.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:09 AM
tranceformer95

Great review Lady Jax. Thats pretty cool they gave you that many maps. I like those valet maps, and that economy gas map.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:16 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by Lady Jax
As promised, checking back in now that we have reflashed the first car (we are waiting on the ROM for the second car).

We had some initial confusion (mostly on our part) with the ordering process and the second license. Teething problems are inevitable but they were easily sorted; thanks, Jared.

All five maps are reflashed and available through the cruise control switches. Our Z has only mild tuning with a CAI and HKS true dual exhaust but the performance map gives a notable improvement. We have two valet maps with rpm limited at 4,000rpm on both and speed limited at 30mph and 50mph, respectively. The rpm limit is engaged with the fuel cut-off so there is a notable 'stutter' and no advancement in rpm. The speed cut-off appears to use the throttle position sensor as there is no 'stutter' just no further acceleration despite flooring the throttle. The first map is an enhanced stock map utilizing 93 octane while the fifth map is stock utilizing lower octane (just in case).

All the maps have the idle increased to 950rpm (anticipating the installation of the Vortech supercharger) and the speed limiter removed.

Switching between the maps is seamless, no 'stutter', no engine dying. Albeit, this must be done at less than 1600rpm per the UpRev instructions and we always stopped to do the switching.

We are very happy with the reflash, the maps and the switching feature. All told, very worthwhile. In the future we intend to utilize Jared's skill with setting 'target' AFR's in the stock ECU to help the UTEC to control the supercharger maps as he described earlier.
Thanks for the update on your installation!

How did you make sure UpRev had good maps for your mods? Did you PM them before you purchased Osiris, or enter your mods as part of the order process? When deciding on which maps you want from their library, do you actually talk to one of the UpRev guys on the phone or is this all done via e-mail? I noticed that they do not list UpRev's phone number anywhere on the their web site.

I'm curious whether they have maps for all headers, or separate maps for people with Crawford headers, HFCs, and plenums. Sorry to ask all these questions, but your one of the first to try Osiris... You've got all the answers!
Old 07-06-2007, 11:14 AM
skaterbasist

Great write up. Just wished we could have heard more about performance wise

Old 07-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Lady Jax
Drive For Pole

Default Osiris Update

When we ordered our Osiris the website let us define our modifications but only in general categories, i.e. cold-air intake, high-flow cats, plenum spacers, etc. As to more specific brands or types; we don't know. I had the impression that if a piece of equipment had been tuned by UpRev before that they had kept the data and incorporated it in to their maps. You would have to ask Jared about that.

Which leads to another comment, the phone numbers. We did communicate with Jared and Chung via this forum and emails, initially. Once you make a purchase...... Let's just say that they are readily available for any questions or updates. I know they are very busy and focused on product development and running a performance shop on a lean staff. They obviously wear many hats; tuner, secretary, receptionist, mechanic, computer expert, etc. But they were never too busy to take care of a customer (instead of someone just looking....). I guess these forums will have to serve for product promotion (or for expressing disappointment).

As to performance improvements, all of our measurements were by the tried-and-true butt dyno. We did try some unscientific 0-60mph runs and found a consistent 0.25 second decrease but this was mostly left up to the competency of my husband's shifting (I'm better, dontcha know). One run did show a 0.5 decrease but that seemed a bit much. It definitely pulled harder, especially above 4,000rpm and seemed more responsive throughout the power-band. We should have done before-and-after dyno runs but the closest is about three hours away in Houston. Our schedules are far too busy at the moment.

As to being worthwhile, I think I have expressed that we are believers. In addition, my husband has had the thought that the valet feature could also be used when loaning your car to kids or friends (yeah, like that is every gonna happen) or to set the most restrictive map just before parking as a security measure. Just imagine if a POS nicks your car and finds that it won't go over 30mph or 4,000rpm. They most likely would abandon it. At least it increases the odds in your favor.

I hope this long-winded diatribe helps. We will have some more info when we get the reflash for MY car (2004 G35 Sport Coupe with CAI, plenum spacer, NISMO exhuast). Oh yeah, let the guys know about a second license when you order as it will save a lot of time if the cable is set up correctly the first time and not need updating (which is significantly cheaper than the first license).
Old 07-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Conceyted

Alright I just read the thread and this looks amazing. I have a trip I am going on in about 26 days and I am cutting it close with the whole modding right before we go. I have headers and high flow cats on their way and this is my last two things needed before my car is considered to have "full" bolt-ons. My problem is I only have an '04 not an 04.5 so I would need the additional wideband o2 sensor. I planned on having a wideband installed anyway so this changes nothing, but I am confused as to where I would be wiring my wideband o2 sensors up to. This looks to be a cable that connects directly into your ECU. For this reason will I need TWO different pieces of software running to log my AFR from the wideband and the rest of the info from the cipher? I assume I would be using the supplied serial cable with the wideband o2 sensor (innovate) to plug into the logging computer? Does the cipher software have the ability to pick this up and incorporate it into the software as if it was reading the stock wideband o2 sensors.

Other than that this software looks spot on. I am excited to purchase and have it on its way to me! Hopefully once you shed some light on this wideband o2 business I will feel comfortable enough to pull the trigger and go for it!
Old 07-06-2007, 03:51 PM
RedondoG

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Great write up. Just wished we could have heard more about performance wise

Henry,
I'm getting mine early next week.
PM me and you can experience the before and after.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:07 PM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by RedondoG
Henry,
I'm getting mine early next week.
PM me and you can experience the before and after.
Great! Thanks Terry.

I'm guessing your getting 2 mod-specific maps out of the 5 available; one for the nitrous with NA mods & one for the NA mods seperately, right?

Old 07-06-2007, 06:36 PM
trey.hutcheson

We have a base map for HR motor w/ plenum spacer, JWT pop charger, and exhaust.

-Jared.
You sure about that? Could you please elaborate?
Old 07-06-2007, 06:45 PM
RedondoG

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Great! Thanks Terry.

I'm guessing your getting 2 mod-specific maps out of the 5 available; one for the nitrous with NA mods & one for the NA mods seperately, right?

And one is an experimental economy map for freeway drives.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:17 PM
dovla

Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
You sure about that? Could you please elaborate?
Tray, in meantime until UpRev replays, see if this post helps.
Although I don’t know about spacer(s) nor pop charger(s)
Old 07-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Conceyted

Bump! Anyone know specifics about using an aftermarket wideband? I am looking into using the Innovate LC-1 but how can it log with the cipher/osiris software?

Also, is it possible to use a USB extension and extend the cable another 5 or so feet?

Last edited by Conceyted; 07-07-2007 at 03:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev