Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

UTECH or AAM ECU Reflash?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 02:17 PM
PunKidd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by josh846
Skater, they are having other pro-tuners set up to use it so you can take your car there and get it tuned in person. I would imagine that anyone with FI needs to get it done in person, not just an E-mail flash. If you are not FI then I am sure UPREV's E-mail tunes will do fine. It is always better though to be able to actually have the car on the dyno and tune it in person.
Correct. We don't even offer Osiris for FI application (even though we've tuned many more FI VQs than NA VQs). It's just too risky. FI tuning has to be done in person on a dyno.

Jared.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:18 PM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by PunKidd
We'll still offer eTuning for AFR, but it should lighten my load quite a bit if people can go to their local tuner for a full blown dyno tune (which is better than eTuning where we only mess w/ the AFR on a generic base ignition map).
Josh, thanks for the Clarification.

Jared, you've helped a ton. I have another question that just arose; sorry for all the questions, but I like the feel completely confident about any product I buy.

Regarding your last statement; I was always under the impression that the "fine tuning via email" with cipher logs (or dyno graphs) being provided was sufficient enough to be allow UpRev to tune the map just as if they were doing it in person; your last statement seems to contradict this belief I had.

Can you please elaborate? What's the advantage of a local tuner vs UpRev's fine eTuning with cipher logs (or dyno graphs with AFR) being provided?

Thank you for being patient with me. I completely understand your need of local tuners; It's just too much for any single person to handle on such a high demand. But I would like to keep these tunes via UpRev

PS. I'm NA only; so FI situations don't apply to me.

Last edited by skaterbasist; 07-12-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:38 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Josh, thanks for the Clarification.

Jared, you've helped a ton. I have another question that just arose; sorry for all the questions, but I like the feel completely confident about any product I buy.

Regarding your last statement; I was always under the impression that the "fine tuning via email" with cipher logs (or dyno graphs) being provided was sufficient enough to be allow UpRev to tune the map just as if they were doing it in person; your last statement seems to contradict this belief I had.

Can you please elaborate? What's the advantage of a local tuner vs UpRev's fine eTuning with cipher logs (or dyno graphs with AFR) being provided?

Thank you for being patient with me. I completely understand your need of local tuners; It's just too much for any single person to handle on such a high demand. But I would like to keep these tunes via UpRev

PS. I'm NA only; so FI situations don't apply to me.

The big one is ignition. We only tune the AFR via eTuning. To tune ignition we need dyno feedback. This can be done via emailing dyno charts as well as logs, but we typically make between 10 and 25 adjustments to ignition @ WOT during a dyno session, so that would make for A LOT of trips to the dyno. We also do load testing to hit multiple load/RPM points when we have the vehicle on the dyno. This kind of tuning can ONLY be done in real time on the dyno.
We can get AFR dialed in via eTune relatively quick, but ignition requires a dyno and ignition is where the big power gains come from. The tuned ignition tables that are provided in our base maps are more aggressive than stock, but a custom dyno tune will always yield better results.

Jared.