Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

utec and technosquare?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 04:59 PM
App6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by athenG
I'm interested on doing a reflash on my ECU. I don't care about raising my rev limiter coz Utec can do that, my problem is that every now and then, I get some knock on ECU control. I would like to take out a degree or two of my ECU timing. I haven't really read anything about what Orisis can do but now I'm starting to get interested especially if the price is right.
I'm really looking forward to the fully tunable version when it's officially released. I am even more excited about a g'd shop on the east coast that wants to use it (hint Sharif or Jeremy ).

Jared claims they are going to be doing some pretty ground breaking things with the stock ECU and I'm excited.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:05 PM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would be cool. Might make UTEC obsolete for those of us staying NA... I could sell mine to an FI guy. :-)
Old 01-08-2008, 06:29 PM
athenG

Originally Posted by gothchick
That would be cool. Might make UTEC obsolete for those of us staying NA... I could sell mine to an FI guy. :-)

I'll buy your tuner
Old 01-08-2008, 06:47 PM
!prjctmax!

this be some good info going around
Old 01-11-2008, 06:43 AM
Corradoslc7

Originally Posted by App6MT
I'm really looking forward to the fully tunable version when it's officially released. I am even more excited about a g'd shop on the east coast that wants to use it (hint Sharif or Jeremy ).

Jared claims they are going to be doing some pretty ground breaking things with the stock ECU and I'm excited.
Fully tunable what? ECU?
Old 01-11-2008, 08:13 AM
App6MT

Originally Posted by Corradoslc7
Fully tunable what? ECU?
Right now they have an end user application that is in beta that gives you full control over the ECU. The finished version should be out by the end of the month or early February.

I wish I had more information but I can only quote what I was told regarding using Osiris to control FI:

"They say not to use the stock ECU because they have probably never had as much control over a stock ECU as we will be providing. So far the TT is running very well, but we’re still breaking in the motor.

There if one big modification that you will have to make to the kit. You will need to relocate the MAF so that it is in front of the turbo, so the turbo draws through it instead of blows through it. This way if you are getting a lot of oil from the PCV, or if you have a compressor seal fail, it will not get the MAF wet. If you go w/ the JWT TT kit, then it will already be set up this way."