Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Dave @ COBB
Sponsor
COBB Tuning

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CSF
a few questions:
any updates or new reviews for this? any idea when the g35 AP is coming out? i'm also interested in an answer for jeff92se's question
Release should be by the end of the week.

As for the intake question... No, we have not tested a single intake that kept the A/F ratios the same as stock. Including ours. Which is why we haven't released it yet. We will make sure it is perfect before release.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:24 PM
CSF

Since this is supposed to come out for the Gs soon and I'm considering getting it...any review updates from you guys who already have it? Is it worth it now or wait for newer maps (including optimized throttle control)?
Old 04-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Christian.

Originally Posted by hippie
Christian, are the motors going lean enough to cause internal damage or will it just cost power?

My AP arrives tomorrow and I'm wondering if I should install it or wait for a stage 3 map. I could reinstall all the stock intake stuff and remove the test pipes pretty easily, but I don't want to take the headers off.

thanks mike
We are looking to develop a Stage2+ or Stage3 calibration for vehicles that have additional modifications such as your's. Although, we need to see what long-term changes the ECU is making with these parts installed. I would like to know what common combinations are used and I would like to see if we can develop a calibration that performs well with these common groups of parts. We are looking to generate a Stage2+ or Stage3 calibration as long as we can determine what groups of parts work well together. Some parts are purchased simply to do effective marketing, and these parts don't make any improvements in performance. I would like to avoid generating calibrations for those parts if possible. Do you have a local dyno facility that can run the car on the dyno and measure an fuel curve with their WBO2? Do you have any ability to datalog the car?
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Interesting part in bold. In a good or bad way? Was there an intake that did not adversly affect the maf readings or one that you guys were happy with?
We have some information about our G37 intake testing results on our blog. Making improvements in performance are very difficult to do considering how intelligent the design and implementation is on the stock intake system on the newer vehicles. Our testing showed that very little, and sometimes less, power was produced by replacing the stock intake system.

Take care,
Christian.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:34 PM
hippie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Christian....I actually just got back from the dyno. I wanted to have a "stock" baseline before I installed the AccessPort.

I made a few pulls with a certain intake, headers, UD pulleys, light flywheel, and custom cat-back w/ y-pipe. The O2's were all over the place......my y-pipe is a slip fit so there "may" have been some air leakage, but I doubt it.

I then made a few more pulls with the stock intake. Results....1 more Hp and less eratic A/F, but it still bounced around. The interesting thing was that the torque curve moved with the A/F changes.

What kind of data logging are you looking for? A/F for each cylinder? MAF voltage values?

If I were to make a list of mods for a stage 2+ or 3 it would include stock intake (b/c what I just learned), plenum spacer or aftermarket plenum (they achieve the same thing), headers, and test pipes.

mike
Old 04-04-2008, 03:23 PM
eat rice z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ill be keeping my eye on this cobb. i need a tune with my gruppe-m intake, stillen test pipes, plenum spacer, samco intake tube.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:14 AM
CSF

Default 2003-2006 G35 AccessPORT Calibration Reviews

i see Christian has posted up links to the AP software and calibrations for the G35 on the Cobb Forum

http://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums/...ad.php?t=39731
Old 04-05-2008, 05:32 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Christian.
Our testing showed that very little, and sometimes less, power was produced by replacing the stock intake system.

Christian.
Our testing has shown the same thing...very interesting indeed.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:43 AM
hippie

A FYI for anyone who buys an early AP. I tried to install mine last night with no luck, it wouldn't get past the select a map screen.

I called the tech line and within minutes Parker diagnosed the problem, I had an older firmware version. He emailed me a link to update the firmware and everything installed smoothly.

COBB, A+ for support.

mike
Old 04-05-2008, 05:04 PM
SliderG35

Will the AP for the 03-04 G35 Sedan be able to stop the stock ECU from learning around my piggyback for my Greddy TT?
Old 04-05-2008, 08:22 PM
XIceDragonX

does this actually reflash the ecu??? as in, if you already have a flash on your ecu, will this re-write it???
Old 04-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Dave @ COBB
Sponsor
COBB Tuning

Originally Posted by XIceDragonX
does this actually reflash the ecu??? as in, if you already have a flash on your ecu, will this re-write it???
Yes.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:17 AM
thomas.qian

does it work on 07z ?thx
Old 04-07-2008, 06:38 AM
GrayG35

i dont think they have finished the one for the 07z yet.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:39 PM
tnk210

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Our testing has shown the same thing...very interesting indeed.
So I was thinking of putting the stock intake back on, is it ok to still use the Stage 2 flash? I'd still have the plenum spacer, HFC's, and exhaust.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:06 PM
GrayG35

^i would think so.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Dave @ COBB
Sponsor
COBB Tuning

Originally Posted by tnk210
So I was thinking of putting the stock intake back on, is it ok to still use the Stage 2 flash? I'd still have the plenum spacer, HFC's, and exhaust.
Yes, with HFC's you want stage 2
Old 04-08-2008, 05:20 AM
Sunset350ZR

I received mine yesterday and of course directly installed the program. It seems to have more power over the entire power band but especially the last 2k rpm. There the car pulls much harder. I am curious to see what results would be on a dyno, but probably will not get that type of time until summer. Since on occasion I would like to shift the AP from one car to the other, is there any problem with doing this or is there a you are doing to often point therefore breakage? If you are on the fence and you have a car for which this works go buy it.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:00 AM
Dave @ COBB
Sponsor
COBB Tuning

Originally Posted by Sunset350ZR
I received mine yesterday and of course directly installed the program. It seems to have more power over the entire power band but especially the last 2k rpm. There the car pulls much harder. I am curious to see what results would be on a dyno, but probably will not get that type of time until summer. Since on occasion I would like to shift the AP from one car to the other, is there any problem with doing this or is there a you are doing to often point therefore breakage? If you are on the fence and you have a car for which this works go buy it.
Well, the factory chipset inside the ECU is guaranteed for a minimum of 100 flashes. We have a few ECU's that have seen far more than that. So besides that limitation, it's just the time involved in uninstalling from the first car and reinstalling on the second car. The AP can only be installed on one car at a time.

Glad to hear you like it. BTW, our newest maps on our website raise the rev limiter 250 RPM for those of you interested in this.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:50 AM
tnk210

Thats something you need to make bold! I'll have to download that tonight.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Dave @ COBB
Sponsor
COBB Tuning

Oh sorry, it's actually 500 RPM that the limit has been raised.

Quick Reply: COBB tuning AccessPort?