Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Uprev with LC-1+

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 07:49 AM
jason7467

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uprev with LC-1+

I have a 03 350Z with UPREV ecu mapping and recently bought this wideband sensor. I hooked it up this weekend but after reading confusing directions I dont believe that I have hooked it up correctly because I keep getting a service engine soon light. So, what I have done is hard wired the positive and negative to the SSI-4 controller. Then hard wired a positive and negative to the O2 sensor. There was also a brown, yellow, and black wire coming from the new O2 sensor. My O2 sensor had 4 wires 2 whites a black and a grey. I used a volmeter to find the sensor element from the old sensor and that happened to be my black wire. So I have hooked up my black wire to the yellow wire which, was suppost to be for narrow band and the brown was for wideband. I then connected the black wire from the new O2 sensor to the led for the free air calibration. I then followed the steps for a first time setup. This to me should of been a sucessful install but obviously Im doing something wrong. Any insight to the check engine light. I ran my cipher program to check the code and it comes up with problem with O2 sensor? PLEASE HELP!
Old 06-02-2008, 09:24 AM
UpRev
Banned

Jason, sent you an e-mail. I know there is a full wiring diagram floating around somewhere, as soon as Jared gets in I'll see where he found it. I think it was in the forums on Innovate's website.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:47 AM
bluezee

Can you please post this here as well. I am also very interested in this so I can log my AFR on my '03. Thanks
Old 07-10-2008, 11:24 AM
ingramstar01

Any updates on this?

Can the SSI-4 be used for wideband+RPM pickup for Osiris tuning on the 03/04 or do we need the AuxBox (LMA-3)?

Thanks in advance.

-Ben
Old 07-10-2008, 11:28 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by ingramstar01
Any updates on this?

Can the SSI-4 be used for wideband+RPM pickup for Osiris tuning on the 03/04 or do we need the AuxBox (LMA-3)?

Thanks in advance.

-Ben
The Innovate products are stand alone, they log their own files and don't interface directly to Cipher. Thats why you need to log AFR and RPM, so that we can cross reference the data.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:41 PM
ingramstar01

Originally Posted by UpRev
The Innovate products are stand alone, they log their own files and don't interface directly to Cipher. Thats why you need to log AFR and RPM, so that we can cross reference the data.
That part I understand. What I was trying to clarify: will the SSI-4 box suffice on it's own to do the RPM/AFR logging?
After some digging around on the Innovate forums, I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. But just to hear it from one of
the experts - do you know of anyone running just the SSI-4 in conjunction with the LC-1 for the purpose of matching
it up to Cipher logs for Osiris tuning?

(Most people I've read about running the SSI-4 are running it in conjunction with the LMA-3 to log a boat load of sensors,
hence my confusion about it's stand alone capabilities).

Thanks,
-Ben
Old 07-10-2008, 04:38 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by ingramstar01
That part I understand. What I was trying to clarify: will the SSI-4 box suffice on it's own to do the RPM/AFR logging?
After some digging around on the Innovate forums, I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. But just to hear it from one of
the experts - do you know of anyone running just the SSI-4 in conjunction with the LC-1 for the purpose of matching
it up to Cipher logs for Osiris tuning?

(Most people I've read about running the SSI-4 are running it in conjunction with the LMA-3 to log a boat load of sensors,
hence my confusion about it's stand alone capabilities).

Thanks,
-Ben
On that I'm not sure, we've always just used the LC1+ (combo with aux box). I'd have to say check with Innovate, or one of Innovates retailers.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:50 PM
darklocust
Banned

Not trying to hijack the thread, just a quick question.

I have an 03Z, does the LC-1+ need to be installed all the time or can I just install it, log the AFR then remove it? What's the proper way of tuning an 03?