Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris Tuner now available!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 07:55 AM
UpRev
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Osiris Tuner now available!

Our webstore is updating right now so if you don't see it then wait as DNS resolves.

Osiris Tuner is now available at $900. If you'd like to do a paid update from Osiris Standard purchased Jun 1st 2008 or later please e-mail me.

Modified MAF sensors are available for Pre-Order for $224. The first batch was sold before it got here, second batch should be here in a week so please place orders now.

More website updates coming shortly!

http://www.uprev.com
Old 10-02-2008, 08:18 AM
aggietsi

Woot!

And I'm lazy. What's with the modified MAF?
Old 10-02-2008, 08:35 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by aggietsi
Woot!

And I'm lazy. What's with the modified MAF?
For forced induction applications. The stock MAF is only good for around 400-425hp.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:38 PM
RandomHer0

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm...is there any information on Stock MAF with F/I issues? My car has been acting up, I cleaned the MAF, seems OK.

Whats modified in your MAF's?
Old 10-02-2008, 03:42 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by RandomHer0
Hmm...is there any information on Stock MAF with F/I issues? My car has been acting up, I cleaned the MAF, seems OK.

Whats modified in your MAF's?
Voltage scaling for the most part. At 400hp the stock MAF is at its 5volt limit as it reads that much air volume. The modified MAF runs about 3.6-3.9v at around 550hp with plenty of headroom.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:59 PM
OldManZ350

Received 230 Likes on 170 Posts

Can you explain more about the MAF. Is it a plug and play, or will it change your tune?
Old 10-02-2008, 05:21 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by OldManZ350
Can you explain more about the MAF. Is it a plug and play, or will it change your tune?
It requires a complete change in tune, thats the point of having it, it supports a larger amount of power. You'd need it if you were running a MAF system on a car that was making that kind of power.

We had it made because Osiris Tuner allows you to tune for big power forced induction builds.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:25 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Is it hard to tune?
Old 10-06-2008, 09:28 AM
BrazenZ

I have an APS twin turbo, which places the factory MAF sensor in a larger diameter air tube. My question is "would this screw up the calibration on the your new MAF sensor"?
Old 10-06-2008, 10:27 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by BrazenZ
I have an APS twin turbo, which places the factory MAF sensor in a larger diameter air tube. My question is "would this screw up the calibration on the your new MAF sensor"?
Yes, it changes the calibration entirely. I'm guessing they went to the larger diameter tube so that the stock sensor allows for higher flow, but I'm curious as to how they've calibrated it.

You can use our Modified MAF in the stock size tube to a rated 1000hp (we'll test the manufacturers limit when we get a car that makes that much power) or you can just recalibrate the stock sensor in the larger tube... but I'd be hesitant to do that with questionable air flow stability in the larger tube.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:29 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by midz350
Is it hard to tune?
Not if you're familiar with the concepts and terminology. If you have a basic understanding of the parameters you're adjusting and the outcome of those adjustments.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:05 PM
darklocust
Banned

Default v1.1 features

Are 03-04 Zs supported by v1.1 features?
Old 10-06-2008, 03:50 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by darklocust
Are 03-04 Zs supported by v1.1 features?
The only thing the 512k doesn't currently have is the recovery program. You have to make sure your car battery, and your laptop battery aren't going to die, and that your cable isn't going to unplug during the flash.

The upgrade is being worked on as we speak (literally) and will be updated as soon as it is working and stable.

At the worst we have the best ECU support for the 03 and early 04 models, and we can recover the ECU if anything goes wrong, just ship it to us and we overnight it back for free.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

STS puts the MAF post compressor and intercooler, assuming the intake piping diameter is the same, would this work for me? The UTEC works great. What would I gain from going over to Osiris? I expect that the stock ECU would provide seamless boosting but would the resolution be as a good as the UTEC?
Old 10-06-2008, 07:32 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahsmo
STS puts the MAF post compressor and intercooler, assuming the intake piping diameter is the same, would this work for me? The UTEC works great. What would I gain from going over to Osiris? I expect that the stock ECU would provide seamless boosting but would the resolution be as a good as the UTEC?
Based on my understanding, if you're using the stock MAF, then you'd be limited to about 6 psi. A new MAF with greater airflow range will have a new calibration curve, which I believe is provided by UpRev. Osiris has full control over the stock ECU maps - much better than the UTEC, in just about every way EXCEPT that it does not use MAP (FWIW). So idle control, injector resizing, cam control, target A/F mapping, graphical user interface, temperature compensation maps (that actually work well), adaptive trims, CEL control are all in your grasp with Osiris.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:31 AM
westpak
SFZCC

man where was this 2 years ago, I would have loved to try it
Old 10-09-2008, 10:07 AM
frankie945

Originally Posted by rcdash
Based on my understanding, if you're using the stock MAF, then you'd be limited to about 6 psi. A new MAF with greater airflow range will have a new calibration curve, which I believe is provided by UpRev. Osiris has full control over the stock ECU maps - much better than the UTEC, in just about every way EXCEPT that it does not use MAP (FWIW). So idle control, injector resizing, cam control, target A/F mapping, graphical user interface, temperature compensation maps (that actually work well), adaptive trims, CEL control are all in your grasp with Osiris.
When logging with utec my MAF is at 5.0 at 7.3 psi. I just checked one of my logs. I wondered If I maxed it out or the utec was only capable of 5.0 in the MAF.

Last edited by frankie945; 10-09-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:11 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by frankie945
When logging with utec my MAF is at 5.0 at 6.2 psi. I wondered If I maxed it out or the utec was only capable of 5.0 in the MAF.
MAF only reads to 5v per spec. Thats why the Modified MAF needs recalibration.

We provide a basic curve to start from when using the stock tube and Modified MAF with Osiris Tuner. You can adjust from there if you need to, or you can use an alternative MAF/tube and use our software to recalibrate it.

We just wanted an easy solution for our customers, something that works well, is reliable, and simple to duplicate.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:36 AM
SmallTuner

Originally Posted by UpRev
MAF only reads to 5v per spec. Thats why the Modified MAF needs recalibration.

We provide a basic curve to start from when using the stock tube and Modified MAF with Osiris Tuner. You can adjust from there if you need to, or you can use an alternative MAF/tube and use our software to recalibrate it.

We just wanted an easy solution for our customers, something that works well, is reliable, and simple to duplicate.

cool Osiris.

we can go through the stock nissan (ECU) map and start tuning from there.

correct me if im wrong plz....
Old 10-14-2008, 07:36 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by SmallTuner
cool Osiris.

we can go through the stock nissan (ECU) map and start tuning from there.

correct me if im wrong plz....
Basically yes. People keep asking for a base tune to build from and it's not a great idea. Start from the stock ROM and go from there.

The reason Tuners use a base tune on aftermarket stand alone ECUs is because they need to be able to make the car start, etc. The stock ROM already has that stuff in it, so theres no need for that with our system.

Quick Reply: Osiris Tuner now available!