Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

technosquare reflash questions (vs Osirus?)

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 01:12 PM
G-Man.uas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OCG35
cruise control... as for e-tunes, UpRev emails - you load it onto your ECU with Cipher.
That's clever - I'm assuming you don't lose your ability to use regular cruise control though?

Does the uploading mean you have to buy Cipher as well as the Osirus Standard then?

Apps for the potential noobness of these questions - previously I'd only known about Technosquare.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:32 PM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by G-Man.uas
That's clever - I'm assuming you don't lose your ability to use regular cruise control though?

Does the uploading mean you have to buy Cipher as well as the Osirus Standard then?

Apps for the potential noobness of these questions - previously I'd only known about Technosquare.
CC works as normal.

You'd have to check out there website for details... there is also a ton of info in various threads out here.

I don’t have their different package names memorized - but if you purchase the version for e-tunes, it includes Cipher cable - you data log specific parameters and email to them; they will evaluate and email you off the shelf tunes that best suites your car.

I had a local tuner dyno tune mine... I have Cipher (purchased separate) to monitor things and read/clear SES codes.

Detailed info is abundant – check the various threads and read UpRevs website.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:37 PM
G-Man.uas

Originally Posted by OCG35
CC works as normal.

You'd have to check out there website for details... there is also a ton of info in various threads out here.

I don’t have their different package names memorized - but if you purchase the version for e-tunes, it includes Cipher cable - you data log specific parameters and email to them; they will evaluate and email you off the shelf tunes that best suites your car.

I had a local tuner dyno tune mine... I have Cipher (purchased separate) to monitor things and read/clear SES codes.

Detailed info is abundant – check the various threads and read UpRevs website.
Thanks for the info! Checked out the website and some things weren't immediately obvious, but you've helped clear things up.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:36 AM
Netacoma2003

Jared at Uprev is also really good about answering questions.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:12 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Entaille
do you feel it was worth it? the cost is 550$ and I would be without a car for about a week if I paid more on shipping - if I can get osirus from uprev installed with 5 maps for 650, should I just spend the extra 100 and go that route?
550 includes ground shipping, you can upgrade to next day or 2 day air via fedex.

did you really notice the difference going WOT from a stand still?
yes. throttle body opening is probably the most noticable. especially in automatics.

is the increase in rev limits, or the WOT change bad for the engine in the long run?
No. depending on what version VQ you have, Technosquare puts the rev-limit still below the failure point by several hundred rpms. and even then, you'd have to red-line the engine for sustained time (i.e. HOURS) for the rod bolts to fail.

.. did you really notice any difference in MPG for city or hwy driving?
typically you should get better if you drive normally, since the engine is running more efficiently, however most owners notice the more aggressive throttle response, they tend to be more.. 'heavy' on the throttle when they first get it, which affects MPG.

Technosquare offers a FULL MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. if you dont like it after the install, call them and they'll either try to make you happy, or u can return it.. i dont think other companies are offering this type of offer..
Old 12-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Netacoma2003

Originally Posted by Chebosto

Technosquare offers a FULL MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. if you dont like it after the install, call them and they'll either try to make you happy, or u can return it.. i dont think other companies are offering this type of offer..

Don't plan on getting a refund if things go bad. My Techno flash was not correctly scaled for the DW 600's and as a result I was running dangerously lean while in closed loop and had horrific hot start issues. My UTEC was tuned to manage the open loop just fine but there was nothing to do about the ECU except send it back and forth to Technosquare. Their initial response was to check for air leaks...there were none (knock on wood).

I sent them email describing the problems I had, the tuner I was working with, and how I had to use Osiris to get the car running but they won't even respond about a refund.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:04 PM
vanos954

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dumb question but what do you do with the uprev if you don't have cruise control...I'm guessing there is no other option to switch between maps for all of us with base models?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Netacoma2003

**Update**

It's been a month but I finally received a reply from Technosquare about my flash. They're telling me that they will refund my money but I have to pull my ECU, return it to them, and allow them to reinstall the base map, before they can ship it back to me....not sure why all the complications.....all the problems are logged and verifiable....arrrrgh!!!!

This poses a problem since I paid $$$$ to have an OSIRIS tune flashed onto the ECU once we confirmed the Technosquare flash did not correctly scale my injectors.

If Techno restores the base map, would my OSIRIS tune be deleted or would their base map be stored on the ECU as just another map along with my five OSIRIS maps? Has anyone else done this?

If they do erase the OSIRIS, I wonder if my tuner will reinstall the tune file he created at no cost.....have to ask him about that.

Last edited by Netacoma2003; 01-22-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:56 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by Netacoma2003
**Update**

I finally received a reply from Technosquare about my flash. They're telling me that they will refund my money but I have to pull my ECU, return it to them, and allow them to reinstall the base map, before they can ship it back to me....not sure why all the complications.....all the problems are logged and verifiable....arrrrgh!!!!

This poses a problem since I paid $$$$ to have an OSIRIS tune flashed onto the ECU once we confirmed the Technosquare flash did not correctly scale my injectors.

If Techno restores the base map, would my OSIRIS tune be deleted or would their base map be stored on the ECU as just another map along with my five OSIRIS maps? Has anyone else done this?

If they do erase the OSIRIS, I wonder if my tuner will reinstall the tune file he created at no cost.....have to ask him about that.
When you flashed it with Osiris it wrote over anything on the ECU. TS isn't going to find anything having to do with their software on the ECU.

If you have Cipher, we can send you a "back to stock" ROM, but that once again just puts the ECU back to a totally stock ROM. So TS won't need the ECU to get any of their info off of it, that data is long gone.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:08 PM
G-Man.uas

I can only find a cached google page of www.uprev.com - is the site down?
Old 01-22-2009, 12:49 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by G-Man.uas
I can only find a cached google page of www.uprev.com - is the site down?
Nope it's up and running from what I can see. I can also ping it and get a response. It may be your DNS server or home/work router.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:34 PM
frankie945

If your NA I would go with Uprev Osirs Tuner Ver. IMO
Old 01-26-2009, 04:38 PM
jmr0311

Uprev, I got a question about the pro-tuners. What they offer is what you offer on your website under "Osiris Flash Service" or they offer the "Osiris Standard" with custom dyno tuning. If this is the case, are the prices they advertise the same or close as what you guys advertise on our website.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:48 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

100rpms before redline will make no difference when the throttle starts to close at all. If it was 500 or 1000 rpms then yes but not 100rpms. UPREV tunes very good. The look into reliability, smoothness, and power through the curve over just peak power like other tuners do. The tune on my car has really woken it up.

I am curious to hear from others that have had this done before.

Couple of generic questions...

do you feel it was worth it? the cost is 550$ and I would be without a car for about a week if I paid more on shipping - if I can get osirus from uprev installed with 5 maps for 650, should I just spend the extra 100 and go that route?

did you really notice the difference going WOT from a stand still?

is the increase in rev limits, or the WOT change bad for the engine in the long run?

.. did you really notice any difference in MPG for city or hwy driving?

appreciate anyone taking the time to answer!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:19 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by jmr0311
Uprev, I got a question about the pro-tuners. What they offer is what you offer on your website under "Osiris Flash Service" or they offer the "Osiris Standard" with custom dyno tuning. If this is the case, are the prices they advertise the same or close as what you guys advertise on our website.
Generally they price out the Osiris Flash Service for $400, then add their dyno time on to that. Each Pro Tuner has their own dyno time pricing.

Osiris Standard would be the same thing to the Pro Tuner, all you would be getting is the Cipher cable so you could data log. So the $700 price is just Osiris Flash Service $400 + Cipher $300.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:24 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by Chebosto
550 includes ground shipping, you can upgrade to next day or 2 day air via fedex.

We offer the Osiris Flash Service at $400, and includes overnight return shipping.

As far as a full money back return, we've always been able to service the customers needs.

The only customer we've done a return for (and it was a full refund) was an unsupported vehicle that we tried to help the customer get running with the Osiris Tuner system and MAF sensor. In the three months since that happened we've added support for his vehicle and he will be purchasing it again from us shortly.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:40 AM
folgrz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UpRev
Generally they price out the Osiris Flash Service for $400, then add their dyno time on to that. Each Pro Tuner has their own dyno time pricing.

Osiris Standard would be the same thing to the Pro Tuner, all you would be getting is the Cipher cable so you could data log. So the $700 price is just Osiris Flash Service $400 + Cipher $300.
soo then what is the difference between the tuner and standard?

all this reading is making me head hurt
Old 01-28-2009, 12:13 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by folgrz
soo then what is the difference between the tuner and standard?

all this reading is making me head hurt
Standard = we do it for you.

Tuner = you do it for yourself, more control.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:16 PM
folgrz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UpRev
Standard = we do it for you.

Tuner = you do it for yourself, more control.
ah haa

k simple enough i think i know what product i'll be ordering then..... just have to get my intakes first

then uprev here i come
Old 01-28-2009, 12:28 PM
G-Man.uas

Can't access your website so I'll assume it's my place of work and I'm really irritated!

I am looking to order sometime within the next few months, but I have some questions.

1) Do you supply it with a map based on info I provide about my car? Does this take into account the altitude here near Denver? (5000ft)
2) Using Cipher to log stuff on my car, how long is it best to collect info for? I ask because I'd like maps which suit my 1)daily drive 2)when I want to have max fun 3) drive highway. Does this sound reasonable?

Quick Reply: technosquare reflash questions (vs Osirus?)