Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

technosquare reflash questions (vs Osirus?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 11:15 AM
UpRev
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Man.uas
Can't access your website so I'll assume it's my place of work and I'm really irritated!

I am looking to order sometime within the next few months, but I have some questions.

1) Do you supply it with a map based on info I provide about my car? Does this take into account the altitude here near Denver? (5000ft)
2) Using Cipher to log stuff on my car, how long is it best to collect info for? I ask because I'd like maps which suit my 1)daily drive 2)when I want to have max fun 3) drive highway. Does this sound reasonable?

We don't supply it with tuning specific for 5000ft altitude, but with the eTune service we can update the base tune to fit whatever your car shows us it needs at that altitude.

We have default info that we datalog for eTunes, so it's pretty straight forward.

You select the "maps" you'd like when ordering, so you can tell us you want out of them. We don't do "stages", our maps are built by what you request. So when you can get to a computer that loads our site, you'll see all the options on the order form.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:50 PM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i can't pm u, but since there is that tuner in pa i have been thinking about it, i am looking to run my complete vortech kit with the 3.12 pulley but i wanna put 600cc injectors in, and i will need to scale them and i will need to be tuned for the pulley, now as of now i plan to use the ss box and just use a aam reflash reflash to scale the injectors and tune the ecu, then have fine tuning done with ss box at the moment..Do u have other solutions for me to get tuned with my setup and how much are these options thanks, also would i still use my ss box? or could i be dyno tuned and flashed and not use ss box? i gotta read up on this some more
Old 02-15-2009, 04:52 PM
tylerxfire

and how is this as far as altitude changes and what not, since i am in ny but would be getting tuned pretty far away where the weather and air is different....also i will be doing the install on the kit this week so i will be installing the kit just with the stock pulley and injectors and run the ss box with the vortech base map, so i can drive it to get upgraded and tuned.. so basically i will just be looking to upgrade the fuel system to run the 3.12 pulley but the ss box does not properly scale bigger injectors

Last edited by tylerxfire; 02-15-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:14 PM
OCG35
Banned

^^^ I don’t want to speak "for UpRev"... but maybe you can flash at your tuner - then data log A/F and other pertinent parameters at your altitude - to send to UpRev for tweaking?...

I don’t dabble on the FI side much - but from little I know; Osiris is paramount on the NA side - however FI has other (possibly) more viable options...

I'm a fan of UpRev and Osiris (and have it on my NA) so this isn’t to say they cant or won’t make it happen.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:25 PM
tylerxfire

i don't have a local tuner, which is why i am leaning toward driving to altered atmosphere which is like 5 hours away, along with anywhere else from where i live..and having them install the injectors and do their reflash to scale the injectors then have the ss box tweaked for the 3.12 pulley. basically just want some input from uprev on what they could offer on my setup, also if it matters i will be going with the 2.87 pulley down the road which is why i am doing 600cc injectors now and need the flash to scale them
Old 02-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Blck350z

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
i don't have a local tuner, which is why i am leaning toward driving to altered atmosphere which is like 5 hours away, along with anywhere else from where i live..and having them install the injectors and do their reflash to scale the injectors then have the ss box tweaked for the 3.12 pulley. basically just want some input from uprev on what they could offer on my setup, also if it matters i will be going with the 2.87 pulley down the road which is why i am doing 600cc injectors now and need the flash to scale them

Maybe I missedk you saying you already have uprev's reflash..... but y not just get a utech???? thats what i used and i thought it worked great at a great price and there is a ton of support and AAM tunes on them all the time ... plus they just got jeremy
Old 02-15-2009, 08:25 PM
tylerxfire

no i don't have any reflash yet, the install is starting this week, and im most likely gonna install the injectors same time, then do a mail in reflash to scale the injectors from aam so i can run the car with the bigger injectors safely and run off the base vortech map on the ss box to get it to aam for the ss box tune with the 3.12 pulley and all my mods installed....Down the road i will get rid of the vortech fmu and ss box when i go to the 2.87, but i got a great deal on a brand new complete kit so i am using it and just gonna do the 3.12 pulley for now. until i can save up for all that stuff to run the 2.87, but at least ill have the right injectors in and be ready there...like i said this is all my plan but i don't really know about uprev and what they have to offer as i havent had a tuner around here to look into until recently
Old 02-16-2009, 02:03 PM
UpRev
Banned

and how is this as far as altitude changes and what not, since i am in ny but would be getting tuned pretty far away where the weather and air is different....also i will be doing the install on the kit this week so i will be installing the kit just with the stock pulley and injectors and run the ss box with the vortech base map, so i can drive it to get upgraded and tuned.. so basically i will just be looking to upgrade the fuel system to run the 3.12 pulley but the ss box does not properly scale bigger injectors
Altitude and temperature changes, unless entirely drastic, shouldn't affect the tune. MAF and AIT will compensate accordingly, as they measure directly the air mass (no matter the density) and the temperature (no matter the range) and your ECU calculates that on the fly.

I would suggest having the tune checked though if you're tuning it on a nice warm dry day at sea level and you're driving it back to a below freezing area 6000ft above sea level. If you're within 3000 ft elevation change, and within 50 degrees of temperature, your tune should be 100%.

Even larger swings than that should be 100% but I personally tend to stick with the safe side because checking it is easy and quick, and who know what other issues might arise with that drastic of a change. (ie. gaskets/hoses shrinking and leaking on the boost side)
Old 02-16-2009, 03:31 PM
tylerxfire

i have a wideband i can watch to monitor the tune driving back, but i don't think it would be off my much...can u pm me with some good info on ur product and weather its something i should look into or not..thanks
Old 02-16-2009, 03:34 PM
UpRev
Banned

i have a wideband i can watch to monitor the tune driving back, but i don't think it would be off my much...can u pm me with some good info on ur product and weather its something i should look into or not..thanks
PMs are turned off, I have a phone number and e-mail that work very well though, they are listed on our website.