Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

R/T Tuning, Lansdale PA (NYC people are you listening?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 03:44 PM
BakaN20

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
didn't mean for hostility but i did not ask for that info. is all im saying...it is setup now with rev-up cog configuration with 2.87 pulley on a non-revup...i am gonna need a tune for this along with headers, test pipes, exhaust, plenum spacer etc. few more mods...now there are shops closer that tune utec's is what im saying and i really don't have valuable info. on your product or know anyone who has used it... and like i said def. not looking for a mail in reflash

Did you check out the osiris thread? You don't have to mail out your ecu. With the osiris program, uprev can give you a base tuning through email based on your modifications, then with that, you can flash your ecu, afterwards, you do some runs and log your data through cipher, then send that data to uprev for fine tuning, then they send it back to you through email and you flash your own ecu. Or if you don't want to do it yourself, you can just go to a tuner and they can flash your ecu for you. R/T tuning is in PA so you have an uprev tuner near by.

What osiris does is it changes your target a/f's based on your modifications, it can also limit or increase your rpms, open the throttle body 100%. It really seems like a great alternative to piggybacks or standalones. I plan to get one when I get a chance. Take a read in their thread, its long but worth it.

Here is the thread on osiris:
https://my350z.com/forum/tuning/2795...rom-uprev.html
Old 02-06-2009, 05:45 PM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup..PA is nowhere near me, not all of ny is nyc, i am upstate ny, PA is at least 5 hours minimum
Old 02-07-2009, 06:59 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ask for info. on your product and you give me somethin about pulley size and built block. . my setup is fine im fully aware of what pulley sizes are gonna be ok and what not...
Rich (UpRev) was just trying to look out for you. He replies to many, many people every day and doesn't know what their technical capabilities are. He's a nice guy.

i do not want a reflash where i mail in my ecu, i would be fine with a custom in house tune and a reflash that way which is why i asked but didn't get any info. so basically maybe ill stick with something i know and something i know will get the job done.. i am curious of this software but its just not in my area and i really can't get any usefull info. on it since nobody around here works with it.
UpRev has the ability to do mail in flashes, but Osiris is known for its ability to flash ECU's through the OBD-II port. You buy Osiris, send UpRev a list of your mods... UpRev designs a ROM file for your car with its specific mods... they e-mail the ROM file back to you and you use Osiris to flash it onto your ECU in your own garage, or wherever.

However... UpRev doesn't provide e-mail type tunes for boosted cars. The tuning is too critical. They suggest you either buy Osiris Tuner Pro and tune it yourself, if you have the knowledge, or take it to a Pro Tuner that will tune it on a dyno.

Tuning the OEM ECU with Osiris is a great way to go. You eliminate the ECU and UTEC fighting with each other and get a much smoother tune.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:39 PM
athenG

didn't mean for hostility but i did not ask for that info. is all im saying...it is setup now with rev-up cog configuration with 2.87 pulley on a non-revup...i am gonna need a tune for this along with headers, test pipes, exhaust, plenum spacer etc. few more mods...now there are shops closer that tune utec's is what im saying and i really don't have valuable info. on your product or know anyone who has used it... and like i said def. not looking for a mail in reflash

Originally Posted by 3kgtslflip
Did you check out the osiris thread? You don't have to mail out your ecu. With the osiris program, uprev can give you a base tuning through email based on your modifications, then with that, you can flash your ecu, afterwards, you do some runs and log your data through cipher, then send that data to uprev for fine tuning, then they send it back to you through email and you flash your own ecu. Or if you don't want to do it yourself, you can just go to a tuner and they can flash your ecu for you. R/T tuning is in PA so you have an uprev tuner near by.

What osiris does is it changes your target a/f's based on your modifications, it can also limit or increase your rpms, open the throttle body 100%. It really seems like a great alternative to piggybacks or standalones. I plan to get one when I get a chance. Take a read in their thread, its long but worth it.

Here is the thread on osiris:
https://my350z.com/forum/tuning/2795...rom-uprev.html

/\ That is a very long useless post!!! tylerxfire already mentioned he's going to be using the 2.87 pulley, so in short he has a SC.

This is why your post is useless
\/

Originally Posted by __jb
However... UpRev doesn't provide e-mail type tunes for boosted cars. The tuning is too critical. They suggest you either buy Osiris Tuner Pro and tune it yourself, if you have the knowledge, or take it to a Pro Tuner that will tune it on a dyno.
You need a full tune for boosted car and I mean full tune from scratch!! Uprev dont have (yet) enough FI cars so they dont have base map for every injector size out there... The only way is to tow the car to the tuner, in tylerxfire case tow 5 hours away or driver the car with stock injector and just try to stay away from boost. 5 hours of driving and staying away from boost is hard!!! It takes lots of concentration on the Throttle and rpm!!!

Last edited by athenG; 02-07-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:50 PM
BakaN20

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Just trying to help, but you learn something new everyday.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:22 PM
ChuckD05

anyone on here use these guys yet ? I have an appointment Thursday the 9th, I am hoping for some good results!

tune thursday and nismo diff and 3.9s friday...

cant wait
Old 04-06-2009, 07:31 PM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by ChuckD05
anyone on here use these guys yet ? I have an appointment Thursday the 9th, I am hoping for some good results!

tune thursday and nismo diff and 3.9s friday...

cant wait
nope, let me know how u make out, i went with AAM for my vortech tune
Old 04-19-2009, 11:48 AM
Mr.Squeeze

I was there for there dyno day on 4/18 and, will be going back down to R/T Tuning to get a Osiris tune.Once I put on headers test pipes and exhaust.They have a nice shop and it was cool to meet some guys from this forum I wish I had a HR though lol.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:16 AM
joek19522

Hello everyone! I'm new here, crossing over from G35driver. Shocked to find I missed the dyno day at R/T tuning. I live in the Lehigh Valley so they are really close. Hoping to get my "06 rev up over there for Osiris and a dyno tune soon!
Old 06-03-2009, 10:23 PM
tylerxfire

so....any of u boosted guys go here yet for a tune with osiris??
Old 06-04-2009, 02:21 PM
BenchTT

so....any of u boosted guys go here yet for a tune with osiris??
They have done an HR with greddy TT using osiris. I have been there a handfull of times and at the dyno day Vince verified he had a base map for my HR. I went back and he did a good job tuning it.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:26 AM
grey00lustre

Anybody know what's the cost RT Tuning charge to reflash ecu with Osiris? Looking to get ecu tune on my 04. Any dyno results yet?
Old 06-13-2009, 10:31 AM
BenchTT

Not sure. I got 5whp and 4trq and it cost about 925 including cipher cable.

Good bang for the buck... uh NO

But I needed it since my a/f were scary lean and I run above 5k rpm often.