Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

FI guys...What MAF's u running??

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FI guys...What MAF's u running??

Just wanted to start to compile some info on what MAF u guys are running and what kinda power u makin with them
Old 07-24-2009, 10:12 AM
SmallTuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince@R/TTuning
Just wanted to start to compile some info on what MAF u guys are running and what kinda power u makin with them

360 whp
Old 07-24-2009, 10:31 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

HPX is the only MAF thats readily available it seems. It doesnt max out so you can tune unlimited HP with it.

Not sure what info you are trying to compile...?
Old 07-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

HPX is good for high HP applications but lacks the resolution for good drivability and is excessive for bolt on turbo kits.

Essentially we have gotten roughly 400whp on stock maf with the piping that Greddy, APS on other FI companies supply with their kits. so we are either goin to fabricate larger diameter cold piping to the throttle body or possibly come up with another vehicle stock MAF and offer a kit to use that so we can make more power on stock MAF's...
Old 07-26-2009, 07:30 PM
BlinkerFluid

My car runs great with the PMAS. I have encountered no resolution issues in tuning with Osiris myself yet. Drivability and fuel mileage has been excellent with no CELs to speak of.

HP is unknown at this time.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:43 AM
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

Its not so much that you cant obtain good drivability, its that the PAS is overkill for most applications and were just looking to see how much power we can make on a stock maf. So far we have made 385 on a stock maf on a APS TT tuner kit. Hits just under 5v at 6800RPM.

Just wanted to see who out there is using what and what kinda power and if any, what issues they are having....
Old 07-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

I don't know where is my first post go? but anyway...What do you guys tuning with? if you don't mine asking. You might can try 3" MAF housing before going whole custom pipng.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

^^^^ well thats the way we are leaning...except we wanna make a pipe that will compatible with most FI setups...
Old 07-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by Vince@R/TTuning
^^^^ well thats the way we are leaning...except we wanna make a pipe that will compatible with most FI setups...
Well... many N/A guys running with 3" MAF housing. You can contact Adam@z1auto.com about his thoughts.

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ke&prodid=2973

What i heard from uprev is stock sensor will pretty much maxed out at 350~380whp, that is one reason they offering HPX when car hits over. I will be running HPX with osiris soon.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:01 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

I wouldn't say many......you can probably count on two hands the total number of people running a 3" MAF on an NA app. I am only counting the people who actually have one on their running car.....not sitting in a box next to them.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

Adam makes a nice peice, but we are looking to make one slighlty larger and a lil longer with the Maf more so in the middle of the piping, to keep turbulence down.

Hopefully we will have one mocked up soon so we can get some datalogs on and see how it effects the MAF voltage
Old 08-14-2009, 05:18 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Any updates on this?

Any thoughts on a larger throttle body?

-jb
Old 08-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

we have a car that we will be mocking up shortly to get some logging info and maf voltage numbers....
Old 08-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Any update?

Just curious about this again after heard from member who running stock sensor and 3" housing draw thru config.( putting down 600whp.) Also there is one more member just finished his APS extreme/build motor. Both of them reflash by Technosquare.

Also, it's makes me wonder now that...what's max power stock ECU itself can handle?

Last edited by Chef-J; 08-29-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:16 AM
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

^^^ Hopefully this month we will get to it, we been so insanely busy that its hard to do some of the RandD things we wanna get done. I feel that the stock ecu will be able to tune 99% of the cars out there up to prob 800hpish range...after that the fuel systems get a lil overwhelming for a stock ECU setup..
Old 08-31-2009, 06:30 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Thanks for reply.

After talked to couple guys thru g35driver, it suprised me that stock ecu habdle very well. And big injectors as well. (mean just with reflash).

I'm looking interesting to hear from you guys details about how it work out in future. I thought MAF sensor is only one way to walk thru high hp vq. I feel so stupid myself lol.

Btw, have you guys thought about try mesh screen on maf? Would be helps accurate reading?
Old 09-01-2009, 04:07 PM
tylerxfire

i was just re-tuned and made 425whp on stock maf on a dynojet..but it is very close to maxing out..i dont think it would take anymore with my setup ..but with larger injectors and a walbro in the tank i beleive it would be fine for more, im still on stock internals and using inline pump along with stock fuel pump for time being

Last edited by tylerxfire; 09-01-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
i was just re-tuned and made 425whp on stock maf on a dynojet..but it is very close to maxing out..i dont think it would take anymore with my setup ..but with larger injectors and a walbro in the tank i beleive it would be fine for more, im still on stock internals and using inline pump along with stock fuel pump for time being
u runing reflash ECU? what dyno?
Old 09-01-2009, 04:42 PM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by Chef-J
u runing reflash ECU? what dyno?

nope stock ecu, just using ss box still..tuned at vinny tenn racing in nyc on their dynojet, im not joking when i say its maxxed out but its been fine, hasnt shut down on me or anything no matter what the weather change..runs absolutely great and pulls hard now no hiccups anymore at 6k rpm like i had with my old tune..now just gotta get back to the track to crack into 11's
Old 09-01-2009, 06:47 PM
tylerxfire

^^and chef i know u will like this, not a single check engine light or idle problem or anything yet, knock on wood, except all the problems ive had with my nismo exhaust and high flow problems and cracking test pipes and now a mid-pipe recently...well im hoping my problems are solved with that now, since i spent the bucks on a motordyne xyz y pipe with some good flex in it and i got it with resonator since my berk tp's are not to cut down on some rasp i had..

Quick Reply: FI guys...What MAF's u running??