Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

350z misfire behaviur!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 04:21 AM
claudio.maras

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z misfire behaviur!

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you can help me answer the following question I got from www.racelogic.co.uk. Im looking into implementing their Traction Control System. Basically I have the APS TT with built internals so the OEM TCS is not really doing it's job and is annoying as hell.

I know I can switch it off but in traffic on normal roads things can go bad very fast when speeding as conditions are not always race ideel so I prefer to have a working TCS when not racing.

I still have the OEM ECU with a Unichip Q for the turbo tune... I checked with unichip and they say the ECU manages the missfire detection.

"Does the misfire detection system put the car into limp-home mode in the event of the engine being misfired or if it simply logs a fault?"

Anybody here that can answer this question without guessing...

I'm greatful for all comments but if you are not 100% please mention this as i have to drive abroad to get the system installed.

Regards,
Claudio
Old 03-11-2010, 10:27 PM
maXmood
Under Boost!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry, but i have to ask you this.. what's the relation between misfire and TCS?

your topic sounds like this: if you have a train running at 300km/h, how many birds on the tree if coke was sold for $1?

Last edited by maXmood; 03-11-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:29 PM
claudio.maras

Originally Posted by maXmood
sorry, but i have to ask you this.. what's the relation between misfire and TCS?

your topic sounds like this: if you have a train running at 300km/h, how many birds on the tree if coke was sold for $1?
First of all I have to thank you for your very insightful reply...

Second of all did you read my POST?

I thought I very specifically mentioned the question was asked by Race Logic and according to them their TCS solution somehow does depend on the ECU's misfire detection and handling.

I'm no expert but their system somehow can not handle if the ECU goes into limp-home mode in case of a misfire. I'm assuming a misfire could happen in rare cases when the TCS is cutting fuel to handle slip... Im no expert so a bit of a guess but somehow their solution depends on the misfire detection of the ECU.

So my question still stands does anybody know if the ECU only logs a misfire or goes into limp-home mode?

So before you run around and give out smart *** comments to new members maybe you should read the post twice just to make sure!!!

But thanks again for your reply!

Last edited by claudio.maras; 03-13-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by claudio.maras
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you can help me answer the following question I got from www.racelogic.co.uk. Im looking into implementing their Traction Control System. Basically I have the APS TT with built internals so the OEM TCS is not really doing it's job and is annoying as hell.

I know I can switch it off but in traffic on normal roads things can go bad very fast when speeding as conditions are not always race ideel so I prefer to have a working TCS when not racing.

I still have the OEM ECU with a Unichip Q for the turbo tune... I checked with unichip and they say the ECU manages the missfire detection.

"Does the misfire detection system put the car into limp-home mode in the event of the engine being misfired or if it simply logs a fault?"

Anybody here that can answer this question without guessing...

I'm greatful for all comments but if you are not 100% please mention this as i have to drive abroad to get the system installed.

Regards,
Claudio
It should not cause the ecu to go into limp mode. At most you will just have a CEL with the associated fault code.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:34 PM
claudio.maras

Chris thanks...