Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Z tuned at Forged Performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by abarclay
Nice gains OP

I'm thinking about going to the ART/TDX combo...

2006 Rev-up
K&N Drop In
5/16 Copper Iso Thermal Spacer
MREV2
Berk HFC
XYZ Pipe
Motordyne Duel Gamma Exhaust (now V2)
Forged Reflash

thats strong for a revup. your car should give modded HR's a run for their money.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:49 PM
jg425

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hasemanr
How much did the tune cost @ Forged? Very Interested..
It was $795
Old 07-20-2010, 07:02 AM
infinitidrivr04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow thats some pretty impressive sheets that everyone has thrown up. so i am wondering though how much is your tunes now for g35(non revup) are. i was on the site but it doesn't even say osiris under the g35 section. looking to get a tune before too long.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:21 AM
jg425

Originally Posted by infinitidrivr04
wow thats some pretty impressive sheets that everyone has thrown up. so i am wondering though how much is your tunes now for g35(non revup) are. i was on the site but it doesn't even say osiris under the g35 section. looking to get a tune before too long.
It should be the same price for a g35.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:40 AM
infinitidrivr04

ya i am seeing that and just wondering why it only says utec, and vcon but i mean looking at it now im assuming the forged reflash is for the rest of the programs like cobb and osiris. does anybody have any sheets after being tuned on utec? it looked like most of those are osiris even though the creator didn't say what he tuned on or i missed it
Old 07-20-2010, 02:22 PM
jg425

ya i am seeing that and just wondering why it only says utec, and vcon but i mean looking at it now im assuming the forged reflash is for the rest of the programs like cobb and osiris. does anybody have any sheets after being tuned on utec? it looked like most of those are osiris even though the creator didn't say what he tuned on or i missed it
Forged used Osiris on my car. From what I've read, most people prefer to use Osiris, if your car is NA.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:20 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep Osiris is BY FAR the best option for NA.

Even FI, it works very well. Perfect for low-mid boost applications where you want 100% OEM drivability and get through emissions, ect
Old 07-21-2010, 12:43 PM
infinitidrivr04

^^^ word well ya i was still looking at all my options. i just know this needs to happen soon cause the g runs great one night and then so horrible not even less then a week later. im looking to get similar numbers as well with pretty much all the same mods
Old 07-21-2010, 05:55 PM
jg425

^^^ word well ya i was still looking at all my options. i just know this needs to happen soon cause the g runs great one night and then so horrible not even less then a week later. im looking to get similar numbers as well with pretty much all the same mods
what exactly do you mean by runs horrible? Do you have a hesitation? Rough idle?
Old 07-22-2010, 05:29 AM
infinitidrivr04

^ when im at WOT say through 2nd, 3rd, 4th. some nights it literally runs great and can keep up with the people im out with. then say like this week when we all went out two nights later it was a completely different story with me getting walked away from like crazy. so thats what i mean by i feel like it is inconsistent. and im in a auto so it cant be the driving lol
Old 07-22-2010, 05:45 AM
jg425

^ when im at WOT say through 2nd, 3rd, 4th. some nights it literally runs great and can keep up with the people im out with. then say like this week when we all went out two nights later it was a completely different story with me getting walked away from like crazy. so thats what i mean by i feel like it is inconsistent. and im in a auto so it cant be the driving lol
What type of mods, do you have? You could be running lean or have a bad spark.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:27 AM
infinitidrivr04

i have the plenum spacer, z tube, and a xyz pipe. will also have hfc's going on this upcoming week. ya thats why im wanting a tune so bad cause it doesn't run the same way every time. and i feel like it is running lean sometime cause it just doesn't want to get up and go. but once i get on it a few times then it feels a little better and will pull a little stronger
Old 07-22-2010, 11:53 AM
jg425

i have the plenum spacer, z tube, and a xyz pipe. will also have hfc's going on this upcoming week. ya thats why im wanting a tune so bad cause it doesn't run the same way every time. and i feel like it is running lean sometime cause it just doesn't want to get up and go. but once i get on it a few times then it feels a little better and will pull a little stronger
I think a tune is going to help. The way you car is running, it seems like the ECU is trying to learn to the mods you have done. Once you tune it you'll definately notice the difference.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:07 PM
infinitidrivr04

ya man it is really aggravating. im not ready to tune yet just for the simple fact im still putting the rest of the parts on the car and still ordering a couple. thanks guys and plan to get in touch with forged around august or september
Old 07-24-2010, 06:08 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like your ECU is switching to highdet map (high detonation) and pulling timing across the board. This really is a last resort for the ECU and indicative of serious detonation issues -- e.g. doom pending. If you're already tuned, get retuned. If you're not tuned, get tuned ASAP.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:44 AM
infinitidrivr04

^ see i thought about that cause im sure im just dumping a ton of unburnt fuel into it when its not running like it should
Old 09-16-2010, 05:22 PM
jg425

Have to bring this old thread back to life. Well its been a couple of months after my tune and I have to report a problem. I was driving and the car shut off suddenly, upon stopping the Z would not restart. I then towed the car to the nearest dealership and they told me that the ecu was fried. Has anyone with an osiris tune, ever had their ecu die?
Old 09-17-2010, 06:21 PM
ppwpz33

Originally Posted by jg425
Have to bring this old thread back to life. Well its been a couple of months after my tune and I have to report a problem. I was driving and the car shut off suddenly, upon stopping the Z would not restart. I then towed the car to the nearest dealership and they told me that the ecu was fried. Has anyone with an osiris tune, ever had their ecu die?
Hmmm, have you spoke to Sharif about this? He tuned my car back in April and I haven't had any problems (crosses fingers). Maybe its because the Osiris software wrote over the ECU coding and their scanners can't read it? Just a guess I have not a clue.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:10 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

doesnt sound good. Hope u get it taken care of. Hopefully its simple
Old 09-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jg425
Tuning isn't going to fry an ECU months later. In the rare instance there is an ECU problem, it happens during the reflash process itself.

I really think your dealership is misdiagnosing your situation. Dealer love to "replace ECU's" when they can't figure out the cause of the issue. I have never seen an ECU take a dump out of the blue, without any type of motivation.

Are you still planning on sending the ECU to Uprev to check it's status?

Quick Reply: Z tuned at Forged Performance