Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Z tuned at Forged Performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jg425
Have to bring this old thread back to life. Well its been a couple of months after my tune and I have to report a problem. I was driving and the car shut off suddenly, upon stopping the Z would not restart. I then towed the car to the nearest dealership and they told me that the ecu was fried. Has anyone with an osiris tune, ever had their ecu die?
Are you sure it didn't get wet? Is there any wiring running through the OEM grommet above the ECU?
Old 09-19-2010, 03:34 PM
jg425

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Tuning isn't going to fry an ECU months later. In the rare instance there is an ECU problem, it happens during the reflash process itself.

I really think your dealership is misdiagnosing your situation. Dealer love to "replace ECU's" when they can't figure out the cause of the issue. I have never seen an ECU take a dump out of the blue, without any type of motivation.

Are you still planning on sending the ECU to Uprev to check it's status?
Yes, I am sending it back. I just got the car back home and I guess we'll see what happens or what the cause was. In regards to the ecu getting wet, I don't see how it could have gotten wet. It was not raining when it occurred. It's a weird situation. The dealership may have misdiagnosed the problem, but the car is running great with the new ecu, I just don't understand how and why it would fail.