Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Uprev Osiris Tuner With base model question

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 07:38 AM
silents1ick

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Uprev Osiris Tuner With base model question

hey guys i tried to find info online but had no luck, i thought i would post up here maybe some1 here can help me out...

I wont Osiris Tuner @ znationals this year, i finally got everything and the rom file...
i followed the instruction on reflashing the ECU and all and everything worked fined, car seems to run better then b4 just with the reflash feels like i some how got more torque but not sure... FOr the refrence
i have 06 350z Base 6spd
mods: Stillen HFC/True dual exhaust.
Z1 plenum spacer
Injen Intake
part not installed yet
Stillen headers
AMS pullies on the way(hopefully, ordered em during Znationals at
Z1, still waiting on them)

anyways so the main problem it does have 5 maps on it but i dont how in the blue hell would i be able to use it without traction control switches... i read in the manual and it says only way to swap through the maps is by cruize control switches...
has any one here figured out another way to switch through the maps??
im sorry if this topic has been posted b4 but i tried to search couldnt find, if it has already been discused b4 please guide me to the thread.
Thanks for any help in advance...
Old 11-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Wu-Watt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm pretty sure were SOL....
Old 11-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Steve-O Z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a laptop, you could probably load the maps onto it and use a cable to load them to your car. You would have to carry a laptop around to switch maps. Can anyone back this up or shoot it down?
Old 11-18-2010, 10:45 AM
nathanwl2004

wouldn't it be nice if uprev were to create a device that could be installed in the cabin of the car that would allow us with base models to switch between maps. it may even be more convenient for higher models to use than the current cruise control system.

wouldn't that be nice, uprev "hint hint"
Old 11-18-2010, 12:05 PM
importdemon5

Pretty sure that's what the cipher cable is for? Plugs into your laptop so you can switch between maps. Not sure though. Hopefully some vendors on here could chime in.

I was thinking bout building a laptop mount where the front part of the dash is on the passenger's side that comes out like a cop computer mount that you can pull towards you and do whatever you need to do then it folds back down and latch it down ha. I should make it. Just don't know how.

Check this out! Wonder if there is a way to extend it out so you can mount it under the dash?
http://chicagomounts.com/RAM-VB-168-SW1.htm

Last edited by importdemon5; 11-18-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:42 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Laptop or netbook.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:09 PM
NoQuestionZ

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

in for results
Old 11-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Frostydc4

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by silents1ick
hey guys i tried to find info online but had no luck, i thought i would post up here maybe some1 here can help me out...

I wont Osiris Tuner @ znationals this year, i finally got everything and the rom file...
i followed the instruction on reflashing the ECU and all and everything worked fined, car seems to run better then b4 just with the reflash feels like i some how got more torque but not sure... FOr the refrence
i have 06 350z Base 6spd
mods: Stillen HFC/True dual exhaust.
Z1 plenum spacer
Injen Intake
part not installed yet
Stillen headers
AMS pullies on the way(hopefully, ordered em during Znationals at
Z1, still waiting on them)

anyways so the main problem it does have 5 maps on it but i dont how in the blue hell would i be able to use it without traction control switches... i read in the manual and it says only way to swap through the maps is by cruize control switches...
has any one here figured out another way to switch through the maps??
im sorry if this topic has been posted b4 but i tried to search couldnt find, if it has already been discused b4 please guide me to the thread.
Thanks for any help in advance...

Since you have a base you wont be able to switch maps per se. You would have to have 5 different ROMS created & if you want to change maps you would have to upload a new ROM to the ECU.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:42 PM
RFortier1796

This is the one and only thing keeping me from finally settling on the UpRev. Having a base, loosing map switching on the fly is a bit of a turn off. However, I was thinking, and someone else would have to confirm this...what about a portable hard drive instead of a lap top. Get the tunes, load them to the hard drive, and then use a toggle switch or twist **** or some other super creative way to change the maps on the hard drive? It would beat having to lug my lap top around everywhere.

Or could you, with some creative hack and slashing, mate the Osiris cable to the end of an iPod cable? I mean...have it so one end plugs into wherever the Osiris cable does, the other into an iPod touch or iPhone or droid phone, and build an app to let you swap tunes?

I could be horribly wrong with all this though, and just be screwed out of having map switching on the fly.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:59 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Most other you need a computer to change maps. Whats the big deal?
Old 11-20-2010, 02:19 PM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Received 2,578 Likes on 2,037 Posts

My base runs amazingly after uprev went in.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:06 PM
karletto66

Originally Posted by RFortier1796
This is the one and only thing keeping me from finally settling on the UpRev. Having a base, loosing map switching on the fly is a bit of a turn off. However, I was thinking, and someone else would have to confirm this...what about a portable hard drive instead of a lap top. Get the tunes, load them to the hard drive, and then use a toggle switch or twist **** or some other super creative way to change the maps on the hard drive? It would beat having to lug my lap top around everywhere.

Or could you, with some creative hack and slashing, mate the Osiris cable to the end of an iPod cable? I mean...have it so one end plugs into wherever the Osiris cable does, the other into an iPod touch or iPhone or droid phone, and build an app to let you swap tunes?

I could be horribly wrong with all this though, and just be screwed out of having map switching on the fly.
In cars with CRUISE Control maps are stored in body pc and switched "real time" using some rom patch inside it (or similar tecnology)
In you don't have body pc with some free "eprom" to store maps and switch them, to change it you have to load one map at time directly using software and cable.
So only solution for the moment is to use pc...
IMHO !
Old 11-21-2010, 07:22 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You can install the cruize control wiring/switches, otherwise you'll just need to upload a different ROM each time you want to change map.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:48 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

I am confused by the need to switch maps. My car was tuned to the maximum HP/TQ the motor could produce with no loss in MPG. The only reason I can think of would be because there was a loss that you only want to incur when you need max power.

I have 271/262 with major improvement throughout the rev range.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:17 AM
karletto66

Originally Posted by e30cabrio
I am confused by the need to switch maps. My car was tuned to the maximum HP/TQ the motor could produce with no loss in MPG. The only reason I can think of would be because there was a loss that you only want to incur when you need max power.

I have 271/262 with major improvement throughout the rev range.
The ability to change the map is a "plus" but quite nice IMHO...

You can have for example (like in my case)
- 1 map "normal tuned", WELL TUNED but for "normal use" in normal street and highways. With 98 octanes (european) fuel.
- 1 map for "track days", with "extreme" tune, may be you can loose something in usability of car at low/medium range but with a few more hp in higher range and tuned for 100 octanes or more (always europe standard) fuel
- 1 map with "cut off" at let me say 3000rpm (if you give the car in some garage for works or similar and don't wont they use your car...)

Only examples !
If you have 1 only map usually you have the first of the 3, the most usable and good for "all days driving"
NOT a big problem anyway but with cruise control is simply...a little better !
Old 11-21-2010, 08:48 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Best we get on the left coast of the US at normal pumps is 92 octane, which sucks.

I guess if there was easily acquired higher octane it would make sense but seeing as I am not losing any MPG at the max level with the crummy 92 I am at I am happy.

Name:  tuneddyno.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  59.3 KB
Old 11-21-2010, 09:12 AM
karletto66

European octanes is DIFFERENT from USA !
I suppose that your 92 is similar to our 95, your 95 to our 98-100...
In Italy normally fuel is 95 octanes so similar to your left coast...
I use 98-100 for my Z , in some pumps it's here...
If you use more higher octanes you can tune a map little more "aggressive" ar high rpm avoiding knock problems. NOT a big difference but as stated...al plus like "switch maps" is well accepted !
Old 11-21-2010, 11:47 AM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

Uprev is in the process of developing both a module that plugs into the OBDII port to let you switch between maps, as well as an ap for phones that will let you change maps remotely, possibly tying it into the alarm so it automatically switches to the theft map when you arm the alarm, but as of now base owners are SOL.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:41 PM
silents1ick

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yeah it def seems like i m SOL
Old 11-21-2010, 07:02 PM
06blueZ

you could do a little experiment.. buy my 2006 cruise buttons, wire them in and see if they will control the maps, maybe the only difference on a base model is that the buttons are not there. The wiring is present for the steering wheel audio controls...

I know the ecu is different for models without cruise, but maybe osiris could still switch maps if there were buttons to send a signal?

Quick Reply: Uprev Osiris Tuner With base model question