Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

2006 350z Tuned at R/T Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 10:44 PM
VQpoweredZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Steve, I wasn't at R/T Tuning the day it was tuned, although I believe the before numbers were with all the bolt ons listed installed, and no tune.

The final numbers were all the bolt ons listed installed + the tune. So the increase your seeing is only a result of the Uprev tune.

Last edited by VQpoweredZ; 02-19-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by VQpoweredZ
Hey Steve, I wasn't at R/T Tuning the day it was tuned, although I believe the before numbers were with all the bolt ons listed installed, and no tune.

The final numbers were all the bolt ons listed installed + the tune. So the increase your seeing is only a result of the Uprev tune.
Very nice. I'm considering a set of the ART pipes because I'm thinking the success of the tune could be restricted by the stock cats. I dunno whether that's true, but if I remember correctly Erik @ R/T recommended replacing the stock cats before getting a tune, and I'm afraid anything other than the ART pipes will be too raspy.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:09 PM
VQpoweredZ

Originally Posted by sry110
Very nice. I'm considering a set of the ART pipes because I'm thinking the success of the tune could be restricted by the stock cats. I dunno whether that's true, but if I remember correctly Erik @ R/T recommended replacing the stock cats before getting a tune, and I'm afraid anything other than the ART pipes will be too raspy.
Yea that was my first thought, I really didn't want any rasp. The HKS exhaust is supposedly the most prone to having a lot of rasp after test pipes, but the ART pipes really kept it to a minimum, it definitely is louder though.

If you get the ART pipes I think you'll be able to get the updated version, that almost looks too good to put under the car. I have the first version of them.

I always wanted to hear how a stock exhaust note sounded with the ART pipes.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:48 PM
NFGZ

Finally got my car tuned yesterday. I had R/T Tuning install a few things and then it was tuned with Uprev by Vince @ R/T Tuning.

Modifications:
-Stock 06 air box with K&N drop in filter
-HKS True Dual Exhaust
-ART Pipes
-Motordyne MREV2 Lower Plenum
-Motordyne 5/16 Copper ISO-Thermal Plenum Spacer

The car put down 273 HP and 264 TQ on the DynoJet. Here is the Dyno Chart.

I'm really happy with the way the car feels after driving it today. I'd definitely recommend Uprev to everyone who is contemplating getting their car tuned. And if your close enough to Lansdale, PA... let R/T Tuning take care of you.
Nice man, Vince tuned my 07 with similar mods. My car put down about 291 but I have no tq numbers since the damn dyno day couldnt hook them up..!? My Z ran a 13.28 @ 108.3 with a 2.01 60'. Couldnt get the 60' down on stock tires, made about 14 passes trying.
Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
when getting your car tuned with bolt ons, do you get back the low end torque loss? does it "feel* torquier down low when driving around town from 1-3 rpm?
It definitely should, especially with ART pipes, they pick up some serious low end leached tq
Originally Posted by La_Fiebre
Going there in 2 weeks. Cant wait!!!! Nice Numbers
Vince is great, he tuned mine via email, I should do a review
Yea that was my first thought, I really didn't want any rasp. The HKS exhaust is supposedly the most prone to having a lot of rasp after test pipes, but the ART pipes really kept it to a minimum, it definitely is louder though.

If you get the ART pipes I think you'll be able to get the updated version, that almost looks too good to put under the car. I have the first version of them.

I always wanted to hear how a stock exhaust note sounded with the ART pipes.
Do you notice any rasp in your test pipes? My ART pipes have a rasp from 2500-3k and thats it. I was very please with how little rasp i had.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:00 PM
VQpoweredZ

Originally Posted by Korey
Nice man, Vince tuned my 07 with similar mods. My car put down about 291 but I have no tq numbers since the damn dyno day couldnt hook them up..!? My Z ran a 13.28 @ 108.3 with a 2.01 60'. Couldnt get the 60' down on stock tires, made about 14 passes trying.

It definitely should, especially with ART pipes, they pick up some serious low end leached tq

Vince is great, he tuned mine via email, I should do a review

Do you notice any rasp in your test pipes? My ART pipes have a rasp from 2500-3k and thats it. I was very please with how little rasp i had.
Nice numbers and time at the track man. I guess thats a downside of having a DE. But i'm super happy with Vince's work. The car felt so much better to drive.

I really don't notice much rasp at all, but I haven't driven the car lately to tell you specifically. I really was pleased when I didn't hear a ton of rasp after the ART pipes went on.

Definitely do a review though!