Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

2007 350z Osiris UpRev tune/map help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 11:24 AM
NFGZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 350z Osiris UpRev tune/map help?

What's up guys, I just picked up the UpRev tuner package, Motordyne art pipes, and injen CAI. My tuner can't get me in for a month or so, and I called Osiris who informed me that they don't do etunes for the tuner package. This was a shock to me but it is what it is I guess. My buddy who drives a SRT4 was telling me that a lot of time those srt guys share tunes and maps and such. Do the people on here do the same? I'm looking for a moderate map with the CEL that would be thrown from going cat less removed and that's about it
Old 07-06-2012, 11:47 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

We haven't reached that level of common knowledge as yet.
Cobb use to have a forum where maps were shared. I'm on the wall about buying the cable and dedicated laptop to learn as well. Hopefully more chime in, actually I think there is a tuning 101 thread somewhere...
Old 07-06-2012, 11:55 AM
NFGZ

Originally Posted by KingBaby
We haven't reached that level of common knowledge as yet.
Cobb use to have a forum where maps were shared. I'm on the wall about buying the cable and dedicated laptop to learn as well. Hopefully more chime in, actually I think there is a tuning 101 thread somewhere...
I've started to poke and prod threw that thread a little. I haven't loaded up the disk yet, but does it come with a base map?? Curious on for the time being if I could simply just remove the CEL thrown from going cat less? Any idea what they'd be?
Old 07-06-2012, 12:03 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

You should be able to clear it using the software, not to sure on how. I know a couple members that have the cable and software, yet they don't share as much as they should...

good luck
Old 07-06-2012, 12:23 PM
NFGZ

You should be able to clear it using the software, not to sure on how. I know a couple members that have the cable and software, yet they don't share as much as they should...

good luck
Do you know their usernames? I'd be curious on trying to get in touch with them...
Old 07-06-2012, 12:43 PM
NFGZ

Default Safe to drive untuned?

So tomorrow I'll be installing my art pipes from Motordyne. That will leave the Z with injen CAI, and the art pipes. I have the tuner package of Osiris however I won't be able to have it tuned for a little while. Is it SAFE to drive the car untuned, also, is it safe to RACE it untuned? By racing I mean the track. We're going to Gainesville speedway for test and tune. Any input greatly appreciated
Old 07-06-2012, 12:44 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

sradenton pm him he'll help you out
Old 07-06-2012, 12:47 PM
WillyP28

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes it is safe to drive untuned, but you are not using all of your potential power. I drove my car for well over a year with all of my bolt ons before I got my car tuned and I did not have any problems. There are others guys that can better answer your question but this was my experience.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:54 PM
NFGZ

Originally Posted by WillyP28
Yes it is safe to drive untuned, but you are not using all of your potential power. I drove my car for well over a year with all of my bolt ons before I got my car tuned and I did not have any problems. There are others guys that can better answer your question but this was my experience.
Thanks for the response man. So it'll be safe to run at the 1/4 too?
Old 07-06-2012, 01:06 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Yes! Only thing is you may get codes from time to time. Have you done the relearn procedures?
Old 07-06-2012, 01:10 PM
NFGZ

Yes! Only thing is you may get codes from time to time. Have you done the relearn procedures?
Tripping the ecu? Negative. Also it appears the cipher can clear codes so I'm hoping to not have to worry. Also, Tony from Motordyne swears his product won't throw codes.. Or shouldn't lol. Let's hope so
Old 07-06-2012, 01:44 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 413 Likes on 236 Posts

if they provide base maps, youre fine.. especially being NA..
DOnt mess w the timing at all on thier base maps..

like King says, the factory ecu has totally different targets for af and timing.. not sure what base map uprev does for those.. Assume youl be fine but still running rich safely out of the box.. the pipes will lean it up and the ecu will hunt it back to richen as it can.. id surely install it all and drive it as much as possible before pulling a race of any kind.

thats your best bet id say. This conversation would be entirely different if you had FI btw. lol.

Last edited by bmccann101; 07-06-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:54 PM
tonyzS/C03

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Disableing the CEL is very easy, just go to the UpRev site, click the support tab and download the Tuner Setup . exe file, if will install the users manual and its in there step by step. its just a matter of going into the tree of DTC's and selecting what ones that you want to disable...
Old 07-06-2012, 02:49 PM
NFGZ

Originally Posted by bmccann101
if they provide base maps, youre fine.. especially being NA..
DOnt mess w the timing at all on thier base maps..

like King says, the factory ecu has totally different targets for af and timing.. not sure what base map uprev does for those.. Assume youl be fine but still running rich safely out of the box.. the pipes will lean it up and the ecu will hunt it back to richen as it can.. id surely install it all and drive it as much as possible before pulling a race of any kind.

thats your best bet id say. This conversation would be entirely different if you had FI btw. lol.
I'm not really sure if it came with a base map.... The cd they sent me also is acting up and won't run on 2 different laptops so I'm not sure if there's anything on it or what it's purpose is??
Old 07-06-2012, 02:52 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 413 Likes on 236 Posts

its early enough im sure theyre still open:. call Uprev man, they will tell you best for sure.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:53 PM
NFGZ

Originally Posted by tonyzS/C03
Disableing the CEL is very easy, just go to the UpRev site, click the support tab and download the Tuner Setup . exe file, if will install the users manual and its in there step by step. its just a matter of going into the tree of DTC's and selecting what ones that you want to disable...
Thanks for the response tony. I did read through that part of the manual earlier. Will this edit the stock map and disable them there? Or will I need a base map to do this one that would come with my software? What CEL should I do for removing cats?
Old 07-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Threads merged since you are basically asking the same question in both and one was in the wrong subforum anyway
Old 07-06-2012, 03:45 PM
NFGZ

So according to UpRev you have to flash the ecu and since I don't have a map to flash it with I cannot remove these codes on my own...nthey do not offer etunes for the full tuner package.
Originally Posted by bmccann101
its early enough im sure theyre still open:. call Uprev man, they will tell you best for sure.
Yeah I just gave them a call
Originally Posted by Waizzz
Threads merged since you are basically asking the same question in both and one was in the wrong subforum anyway
I disagree with you. But you are the best mod on here so that doesn't matter
Old 07-06-2012, 05:43 PM
tonyzS/C03

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah, all you need is the ECU part number, you can pull that by plugging in the cable and reading it off in the Osiris window, give that to them and they will send you the proper ROM that you need to flash the car
Old 07-06-2012, 05:51 PM
NFGZ

yeah, all you need is the ECU part number, you can pull that by plugging in the cable and reading it off in the Osiris window, give that to them and they will send you the proper ROM that you need to flash the car
I gave the, that when I bought it. Got it from the dealer before hand. I am so confused its not even funny...

Quick Reply: 2007 350z Osiris UpRev tune/map help?