Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Uprev and boltons low gains..

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 09:42 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ya, the timing usually drops down to zero then spikes to max timing between shifts because it sees a zero load when the clutch is pulled engaged. Nothing to worry about there. When looking at timing logs all you need to watch is when the throttle position is at full which means you are in open loop. That should be smooth which it appears fairly smooth looking at the log and also seeing those timing numbers above.

Like rich (str8) said timing is about the only way to get some gains on NA and even then there isn't a lot to pull out of a DE engine. You'd be lucky to break 270 without cams and head work.

Checking those logs I can't see the load and rpm but if you are high rpm and under full load the 18* timing I see you are low for NA. You could contact Vince at RT tuning and do an online tune with him. He is great at tuning osiris. If you take some cipher logs and email them to me I'll have a look and let you know if it looks maxed out or still on the soft side.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:45 AM
Pholicious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by binder
ya, the timing usually drops down to zero then spikes to max timing between shifts because it sees a zero load when the clutch is pulled engaged. Nothing to worry about there. When looking at timing logs all you need to watch is when the throttle position is at full which means you are in open loop. That should be smooth which it appears fairly smooth looking at the log and also seeing those timing numbers above.

Like rich (str8) said timing is about the only way to get some gains on NA and even then there isn't a lot to pull out of a DE engine. You'd be lucky to break 270 without cams and head work.

Checking those logs I can't see the load and rpm but if you are high rpm and under full load the 18* timing I see you are low for NA. You could contact Vince at RT tuning and do an online tune with him. He is great at tuning osiris. If you take some cipher logs and email them to me I'll have a look and let you know if it looks maxed out or still on the soft side.
I was talking to Hal but he hasn't got back to me since the last email but if you could look at my logs that would be great

Pm me your email, thanks for the help
Old 06-07-2013, 12:52 PM
ShaqZ

RT Tuning isn't doing any etunes right now. I contacted them 2 weeks ago. Vince is apparently a victim of his own success...no time to do them.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Pholicious

Heres a before and after graph I couldn't find my old dyno sheet until now. I picked up a lot of power down low I guess

Old 06-08-2013, 12:45 PM
binder

I can't see the rpms at the bottom and they both have different scales but it looks like the tq curve on the new one is higher and more broad so that's a big difference in how the car performs even though the peak isn't a large gain.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Pholicious

My friends say the car does pull harder but I dont really notice its still not a big hp car lol

theres a 12wtq peak gain over last year comparing those 2 dyno charts though

How do the datalogs look binder
Old 06-10-2013, 11:34 AM
binder

I just emailed you back. You sent the rom files. I can't view them without a cable. I need some standard cipher logs.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Pholicious

Originally Posted by binder
I just emailed you back. You sent the rom files. I can't view them without a cable. I need some standard cipher logs.
I just sent you the logs again my bad