Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Greddy twins and uprev over fueling

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 07:56 PM
supraturboman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy twins and uprev over fueling

Well guys, to make this short I am over fueling big time.
My WOT AF is at 11.4-11.7, while cruising and idle is at 10.5 or below. I am using a greddy twin kit with ID 680 injectors. I had the car professionialy tuned, however it was really cold when we had it done. Now, I finally drove the car for the first time a few days ago and nothiced this. My problem is my tuner is not available for like 3 weeks to correct this issue. I was wondering if I can do any dataloging and get some help/advice for you tunning gods.
James
Old 06-15-2013, 11:59 AM
TurboSource
Vendor - Former Vendor

ID725 Injectors?

What engine management are you using?

A few days ago was the first time driving the vehicle since it was tuned? You didn't drive it home day of?

Sorry for all the questions but trying to get an idea of what may be causing the variance.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:34 PM
balaguru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Log the following:
A/F Corr B1 %
A/F Corr B2 %
AFR WB-B1
AFR WB-B2
Coolant Temp
Engine Speed
MAS A/F (V)
Target AFR
Throttle Sensor 1 (v)
Base Fuel Schedule (ms)

Post the CSV file. Also post your MAF and fuel table.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:54 PM
supraturboman

No I didn't drive it home, because it was Januaray in Wisconsin. so it was very very cold and SNOWING!!!! After it was getting noce out, it went straight to the bod shop and I just got it back.
I am using ID 680 injectors and Tunning is being done using Uprev.

I will log those and post the results. Should I be logging under both conditions? I.E crusing and Idle?
Old 06-16-2013, 03:03 PM
balaguru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Log as many conditions as you like. More data gives better results. If you have the ability to log boost that might help as well.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:24 PM
TurboSource
Vendor - Former Vendor

Injector Dynamics I don't believe make 680cc injectors. Are you referring to another brand/model?
Old 06-26-2013, 04:49 PM
supraturboman

I am sorry, I thought they were ID. They are actually FIC brand. I am unable to get any additional info from the car, my laptop went out so I need to buy a new one. The shop that tuned it said they will do a free re tune, but I need to get it drivable to get it there. Unfortunately I am so low, I can't even get onto a flat bed tow truck
Old 06-27-2013, 12:08 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if you had a laptop, its pretty to adjust the map enough to get it to the tuner just fine.

just pull 15%-20% fuel in the vacuum/cruise rpms. That should get you close enough for closed loop to adjust.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:58 PM
gotparts?

play with the k multiplier also if taking away fuel from the fuel compensation map doesnt work. lower the numbers on the k multiplier and it should adjust for the over fueling
Old 07-18-2013, 08:55 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Tuner must have made a huge mistake or something has changed a lot on the car. You have 20% correction in cruise so that means the 20% correction is maxed out and you are still another 70% over fueling (10.7 fuel when it should be 14.7).

Do you have a return system? Make sure something didn't clog the return port or damage the fuel pressure unit restricting the fuel returning to the pump. I had a diaphragm fail and it clogged the return line so it was increasing my fuel pressure off the chart.

Also, air temp means nothing in vacuum because it has o2 correction so your car won't run "rich" in some weather and lean in others. The correction should keep it spot on. Along with that even open loop (no correction) fuel won't swing from 14.7 down to 10's. Even if his shop was 20 degrees (which I highly doubt it was) when he was tuning it won't swing that bad. I've street tuned below freezing and a/f only sways maybe .3-.5 when I'm up to 90* outside. Temp outside doesn't matter when it was tuned in a shop that was probably 60-70* inside on the dyno.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:51 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll second binder's suggestion to check the fuel pressure regulator if you've got one for correct functioning... the only thing I can think of (other than gross tuning error) would be the FPR... other than that, take it back to your tuner or find a new one...
Old 07-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Eno

I know I don't know anything but any chance one of your pipes has disconnected? I popped a charge pipe not long ago and experienced almost the same symptoms. Flooded a cylinder while I was at it by the sounds of it so be careful running it that rich.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:27 PM
supraturboman

Originally Posted by binder
Tuner must have made a huge mistake or something has changed a lot on the car. You have 20% correction in cruise so that means the 20% correction is maxed out and you are still another 70% over fueling (10.7 fuel when it should be 14.7).

Do you have a return system? Make sure something didn't clog the return port or damage the fuel pressure unit restricting the fuel returning to the pump. I had a diaphragm fail and it clogged the return line so it was increasing my fuel pressure off the chart.

Also, air temp means nothing in vacuum because it has o2 correction so your car won't run "rich" in some weather and lean in others. The correction should keep it spot on. Along with that even open loop (no correction) fuel won't swing from 14.7 down to 10's. Even if his shop was 20 degrees (which I highly doubt it was) when he was tuning it won't swing that bad. I've street tuned below freezing and a/f only sways maybe .3-.5 when I'm up to 90* outside. Temp outside doesn't matter when it was tuned in a shop that was probably 60-70* inside on the dyno.
Ok. So here is my question. I haven't even looked at the car in months now,I lost any and all motivation. I recently talked to my tuner and he said something that confused me. He said when tuning he had to un-plug one of the upstream 02 sensors. He said it was throwing a code all of a sudden. Is it possible that the 02 is trying to correct itself?
Old 10-12-2013, 08:29 PM
supraturboman

And as far as the FPR goes, I am running the stock fuel system with a Aeromotive 340 fuel pump with FIC 680CC injectors. NO fuel return system or aftermarket FPR
Old 10-12-2013, 08:43 PM
supraturboman

Last bit of info, my tuner also will not release my tune to me. So if I connect my uprev cable to my car and load the software, will it detect my tune and such? Or am i kinda screwed? I am sorry, I am not knowledgable with tuning whatsoever. No understanding at all.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:08 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you're tuner won't give you the ROM file, you won't be able to see or mess with the tune parameters. Find a new tuner who doesn't hide his shitty tunes.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:26 PM
supraturboman

Originally Posted by djamps
If you're tuner won't give you the ROM file, you won't be able to see or mess with the tune parameters. Find a new tuner who doesn't hide his shitty tunes.
The messes up part is, they are amazing tuners. But anyways, does the fact that they un plugged a up stream o2 sensor for tuning purposes even make sense? They said it was malfunctioning on the dyno so the unplugged it to tune. Now, since it is plugged in now, does that make sense on why I am possibly over fueling?
Old 10-14-2013, 12:06 AM
thatv35guy

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Weird… I’m running into a very similar issue with my car…