Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Has anyone made anything to bypass the NATS on these cars? I know UpRev will

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 03:11 PM
M-train

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Has anyone made anything to bypass the NATS on these cars? I know UpRev will

I know, and would buy an Uprev to disable the NATS, but UpRev defeats its own advantage as I understand it you would have to buy another license if your old ecm goes out, and you have to buy a used ecm.

See, this is the problem, and I think part of it is a scam right from the manufacturer. Your ecm goes out.

Your car is older so Nissan no longer makes a new ecm so you have no choice, but to buy a used ecm from a yard. Now you're already rolling the dice buying the used ecm as you can't tell if its bad, or not just by looking at it.

So not only are you taking a chance on the used ecm you now are at the mercy of the Nissan service dept. You have NO CHOICE, the used ecm will have to be reprogrammed to work with your NATS. This sucks [as I'm having to do it AGAIN tomorrow].

You tow your Nissan to the service dept. They hook up the Consult 3 to the DLC in your car, then after about 5 minutes they tell you your used ecm is bad, f@ck you, PAY US! Yep, you're still gonna pay them around $130 for just hooking up the Nissan tool to your car.

So, since this bull$hit started around 2002 surely someone has found a way to disable the damned NATS security by now without having to buy a stand alone, aftermarket ecm.

It sucks to have your ecm die, and it sucks to take a chance on a used ecm, but it sucks exponentially to have to take the car to the dealership ESPECIALLY when you have a modded car. It would be great to just plug in a used ecm, and turn the key, and start the engine.

Anyone have any idea's. We have a lot of smart people here on this site so let all try to figure it out, and maybe we all, together can come up with something that works.

For the record, I'm NOT worried about someone trying to steal my 13 year old car.

Last edited by M-train; 03-15-2018 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:58 PM
Blizzard25

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

For the record, disabling the developer immobilizer (which is what Nissan actually calls it, not NATS, the immobilizer switch was made so Nissan developers could test multiple calibration Ids for multiple ECUs) is not the only thing you need to do. You also need to disable the immobilizer DTCs in order for this to work
Old 03-16-2018, 06:06 PM
M-train

Originally Posted by Blizzard25
For the record, disabling the developer immobilizer (which is what Nissan actually calls it, not NATS, the immobilizer switch was made so Nissan developers could test multiple calibration Ids for multiple ECUs) is not the only thing you need to do. You also need to disable the immobilizer DTCs in order for this to work
So is there any way around this?

Today I just had to pay another $120 to get my latest used ecm reprogrammed.

Fortunately the used ecm was programmed successfully, but it could have well been another $130 down the drain if this ecm had turned out bad.

Surely with all of today's tech we can figure out either a bypass, or something.

I've read where you can buy a remote start switch, and it will bypass the ecm, but I don't know if its true as I haven't tried it.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:22 PM
M-train

Any of you computer hackers out there have any idea's?

This is going to be a problem in the future [Hell, its a problem now for that matter].
Old 03-22-2018, 11:42 AM
Blizzard25

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

As far as I know, the only cheap way is using SHBootMode flash method, reverse engineering the binary to figure out where the developer immobilizer is, figure out what the bitmask is that disables/enables it, then rewrite to the ecm.