Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will the rev limiter be raised as well?
Old 11-17-2004, 08:27 AM
Daking350z
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by FritzMan
Will the rev limiter be raised as well?
Unfortunately no.That has to be done through the stock ECM.
However, I personally dont reccomend raising the rev limiter on a stock valve train, especially under forced induction..Many will dis agree with me on this but I think its a bad idea reving the engine way past its designed redline without doing Rods and an entire Valve train and head work..Just My opinion but I play it safe..
Old 11-17-2004, 05:14 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Daking350z
Unfortunately no.That has to be done through the stock ECM.
However, I personally dont reccomend raising the rev limiter on a stock valve train, especially under forced induction..Many will dis agree with me on this but I think its a bad idea reving the engine way past its designed redline without doing Rods and an entire Valve train and head work..Just My opinion but I play it safe..
makes sense to me.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:33 PM
ajk4

will there be any problems using the unichip if you already have a ts flashed ecu?
Old 11-18-2004, 10:34 AM
GQ 350z

More importantly, will this work for 04 model year Z's? =)
Old 11-18-2004, 11:31 AM
Daking350z
Banned

More importantly, will this work for 04 model year Z's? =)
I believe so.That what its designed on..

will there be any problems using the unichip if you already have a ts flashed ecu?
Dont know why you would want to do that but it should be fine..
Old 11-18-2004, 01:25 PM
unichip

The North American Unichips have A and B maps. The B map has more agressive timing. The 350z has good A/F stock up to 5k rpms then goes really rich. By keeping the A/F at 13.1:1 we picked up 18-20whp peak IIRC. The Plug and Play does exist, there's one sitting in our Z on the dyno right now....
Old 11-18-2004, 01:36 PM
Tex Willer

looks extremely promissing for NA z, very interested
Old 11-18-2004, 09:03 PM
Dizzy

Originally posted by unichip
The North American Unichips have A and B maps. The B map has more agressive timing. The 350z has good A/F stock up to 5k rpms then goes really rich. By keeping the A/F at 13.1:1 we picked up 18-20whp peak IIRC. The Plug and Play does exist, there's one sitting in our Z on the dyno right now....
Thanks....Jack? Or is that you Todd? I was just about to answer the question on the A and B maps.

Dizzy
V6P.Net
Old 11-18-2004, 09:15 PM
pfizzle

Hey dizzy
.. Pfizzle here would the unichip be compatiable with the G35 AT??
Old 11-19-2004, 03:16 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

For N/A cars with "the standard" mods such as exhaust, HF cats, intake, maybe plenum, pulleys, etc. are the standard A/B maps recommended or are custom maps suggested depending on the mods ?
Old 11-19-2004, 05:32 AM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Daking350z
[B]ALOT... It basically would put your A/F where you need it after leaning out an already lean running car..We tuned Jasons car using a similar unit a while back and saw Peak HP of 17hp and gains of 34 hp in the power band by tuning properly..He ran a 13.1 N/A with XERD headers,cat deleates,Borla TD, pulley and intake..His RWHP was atound 287 on a Dyno jet but picked up alot from 2000 rpms to 5500 rpms by tuning to a 12.5 A/F N/A...

are these gains compared to a base dyno or a dyno with the mods and not tuned?
Old 11-19-2004, 05:54 AM
Dizzy

Originally posted by 35ounces
For N/A cars with "the standard" mods such as exhaust, HF cats, intake, maybe plenum, pulleys, etc. are the standard A/B maps recommended or are custom maps suggested depending on the mods ?
When we did the Accord V6's, we had custom maps made for different mods that people had. The easiest way to see this would be look at our store site at www.v6performance.net/store under Unichip. I had also provided a link in the first post that also shows the different mod groups. I guess no one bothers to read anymore

Here it is again:
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...t=28589&page=1

I'll duplicate some of the selections here:

Group 0: Stock

Group 1: Intake AEM Short Ram or AEM V2 CAI, Spark Plugs (NGK or DENSO), Ground Wires, Ignition System upgrades; 87 Octane Gasoline

Group 2: all of the above, with ~ Headers, Cat-Back Exhaust system or Axle-Back Exhaust System

Group 3: all of the above, w/ 60mm Throttle Body (TB)Bored out TB &mounting plate, TB Spacer, CLS or J30A4 CAMS (depending which profile has better lift and duration for the application) 91+ Octane Gasoline

Group 4: all off the above, (plus or minus the cams), Comptech Supercharger or aftermarket/Custom Turbocharger; utilizing basic fuel modifications (upgraded Fuel Pressure Regulator, Fuel Pump, possible custom fuel rails; 50 Shot Nitrous Oxide Kit

Group 5: all of the above, Comptech SC High Boost pulley upgrade, Aftermarket Boost controller/external wastegate (Apex'i AVC-R); add-ons utilizing upgraded fuel injectors based on Brake specific fuel consumption for Supercharged/Turbocharged/Nitrous Oxide applications and power desired a long with maximum fuel system pressure.Upgraded boost pullies (SC), external wastegate/boost controller (TC), upgraded injectors; 75-100 Shot Nitrous Oxide Kit

As far as Unichip's plans to do the same for the G35/350z cars, I don't know. It will probably depend on the interest level and will probably occur after they finish with their initial testing.
If you're interested, please post it here along with your mods so we can figure what are the most popular mods and whether the numbers justify spending the time and capital to make different programs for the 350z/G35c cars.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...627#post534627

Thanks!

Dizzy
Old 11-19-2004, 06:19 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Thanks for the response. I had a feeling I'd get the "didn't you read..." answer! But I appreciate the response.

The most popular N/A mods in order seem to be:

intake (Pop Charger)
cat back Exhaust
UR Crank Pulley
High Flow Cats
Plenum
Headers

Then most people go to FI with SC or Turbos
Old 11-19-2004, 06:37 AM
Daking350z
Banned

Originally posted by hndumafia
are these gains compared to a base dyno or a dyno with the mods and not tuned?
I believe Jason did his Dynos with mods untuned and with mods tuned..
Old 11-19-2004, 07:02 AM
unichip

Originally posted by Dizzy
Thanks....Jack? Or is that you Todd? I was just about to answer the question on the A and B maps.

Dizzy
V6P.Net
Hi Dizzy,
This is Joshua
Old 11-19-2004, 07:08 AM
unichip

Originally posted by 35ounces
We're doing mapping for:
Stock
Intakes
Exhaust
Intakes+Exhaust
Exhaust+Headers
Intakes+Exhaust+Headers
Exhaust+Headers+Plenum
Intakes+Exhaust+Headers+Plenum

Is there anything else we should be looking at? For mods beyond the standard mapping we do a custom tune is recommended. The tuners can start with our base maps so the process is very quick in most cases.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:14 AM
patdsaunders

It appears that anything replaceing the stock cats is an issue with the computer. The Z has an O2 sensor before and after each cat and if the replacement, straight pipes or high flow cat, is not as efficient as the stock (by definition), the computer leans the mixture. Not what we want. That needs to be addressed in a primary map or this will not be very useful.

I would like to see the same type of system I have on my motorcycle. I can tune the entire A/F and timing across the board for different throttle positions with my laptop and it was only $350 plug and play with all the software. I know this is more complex, but it would be nice.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:40 AM
aggie300zx

Originally posted by unichip
We're doing mapping for:
Stock
Intakes
Exhaust
Intakes+Exhaust
Exhaust+Headers
Intakes+Exhaust+Headers
Exhaust+Headers+Plenum
Intakes+Exhaust+Headers+Plenum

Is there anything else we should be looking at? For mods beyond the standard mapping we do a custom tune is recommended. The tuners can start with our base maps so the process is very quick in most cases.
What about...
Intake+Exhaust+Plenum
Intake+Exhaust+HiFlowCats
Intake+Exhaust+HiFlowCats+Plenum

I mention this because it seems like Intake, Exhaust, Plenum, and HiFlowCats are the basic NA mods for folks not wanting to spend a lot on installation. It then seems like Headers is in the next tier because of the installation costs. But that's just my observations from this board and personal experience thus far with this car.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:43 AM
unichip

Originally posted by aggie300zx
What about...
Intake+Exhaust+Plenum
Intake+Exhaust+HiFlowCats
Intake+Exhaust+HiFlowCats+Plenum

I mention this because it seems like Intake, Exhaust, Plenum, and HiFlowCats are the basic NA mods for folks not wanting to spend a lot on installation. It then seems like Headers is in the next tier because of the installation costs. But that's just my observations from this board and personal experience thus far with this car.
I'm not looking foreward to the header install

Which cats are causing CELs? Which aren't?

BTW we've done the G35 Autos already.

Quick Reply: The unichip is coming :)