Notices
United Kingdom London, Manchester, Portsmouth, Wales, etc.

CSMA Brands Hatch pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 07:22 AM
gizmo71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up CSMA Brands Hatch pictures

More pictures

It seemed smaller in the flesh than I was expecting. Didn't like the orange leather at all, glad I'm getting the cloth seats. Seating position was fantastic, although I think some pedal extensions will be needed to heel and toe effectively. Very snug inside, fits you like a sportscar should. Not a car for fat bar stewards!
Old 05-17-2003, 08:54 AM
Paul UK

Thanks for the pics.....first time we have seen the UK orange leather combo.....What didn't you like about the leather?

I must admit it looks out of place on the steering wheel.......may be because we havent seen it before?

What sort of reaction was the car getting from others?

Thanks again!

PaulUK
Old 05-17-2003, 09:30 AM
gizmo71

What didn't you like about the leather?
It just didn't look right to me - I don't like leather interiors at the best of times, and there was enough black plastic and leather still present that it looked half-baked.

What sort of reaction was the car getting from others?
Very positive - big crowd around it, plenty of drool when people spotted the "3.5" written on the engine. Very popular with kids too, they were all taking turns sitting in it.

It was in stark contrast to the Plymouth Prowler which was going almost unnoticed - though Chrysler didn't help themselves by displaying it on very muddy ground! The Renault and Mercedes stands were also almost empty. The only place busier was the MG tent, which had an X Power SV (mmmmmeaty! ) and a ZS touring car with a computer game and giant screen hooked up to it.
Old 05-17-2003, 09:57 AM
girlracer

1. Why, if they must put orange on the steering wheel, did they not put it on the top as well as the bottom panel?

2. Why is the gear gaitor black and the gear **** itself orange? Wouldn't it look a million times better the other way around, and keep cleaner too? ie: black **** and orange gaitor leather. I think I will order a black gear **** from Japan.

3. Same as point 2 for the handbrake - black lever and orange leather gaitor would be much classier.

4. I'm sure the orange with gunmetal will look less crazy than the orange on orange.

Gizmo - thanks so much for posting all the pics . Do you remember what the buttons on the steering wheel were for? Do we think these are the same as the Japanese car? (thinking about trading to an all-black wheel...)
Old 05-17-2003, 10:19 AM
gizmo71

One thing I should stress is that there was a big note on the dashboard which said something to the effect of "this is a pre-production car and might not be exactly the same as the production models".
Old 05-17-2003, 10:22 AM
Paul UK

I agree with your observations Sally.........

1 The wheel looks half finished. Replacing it might be a bit tricky too with the cruise control on there.

2 Yes i agree - or all orange? How much is a black gear ****?

3 Yep - but i can't see the gaitor on the handbrake? Maybe it's orange??

4 Yes gunmetal and orange will be a good contrast.

It looks like its been put together without much thought......a shame really considering thats what i've ordered!

I might phone my dealer on monday and discuss it with him......

What do others think??

PaulUK
Old 05-17-2003, 10:26 AM
UK350Z

I wonder why the steering wheel, gear **** and handbrake have had the orange leather treatment, I have seen pics posted on another thread with just orange leather on the seats with everything else in black which I think looks pretty good! I went for charcoal which I think was the only choice with blade, I think the orange will look good with black or gunmetal though.

Good pics, thanks for sharing them. I thought the titles were amusing when saved!

Was the boot big enough for a couple of weekend bags?

Andrew
Old 05-17-2003, 10:58 AM
gizmo71

Do you remember what the buttons on the steering wheel were for? Do we think these are the same as the Japanese car?
Er, can't remember off the top of my head, don't think there was an oil slick button but if you can point me at a picture of a Jap wheel I can probably tell you if it's the same or not.
Old 05-17-2003, 11:03 AM
gizmo71

Was the boot big enough for a couple of weekend bags?
Yes, it's nowhere near as bad as a Supra.

I think you'd struggle to get a decent size golf bag in there though - there's room, just not all in the same place.
Old 05-17-2003, 11:07 AM
girlracer

Originally posted by Paul UK
How much is a black gear ****?
$94.51

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...de=32865-Z33SK

Although I think I will wait, based on what Gizmo said ("this is a pre-production car and might not be exactly the same as the production models")...
Old 05-17-2003, 11:09 AM
chazzg

i bet the wheel controls are Cruse control on the right and radio on the left
Old 05-17-2003, 02:29 PM
rich Zed

nice one!

I'll be along tomorrow some time, so will be checking it out in person... surprised by their colour choice for the first display model... my Nissan Saleschap was convinced that they would go for the Blade colour scheme for this. Saying that, I do like that colour, though still not convinved about the Orange interior... we'll see tomorrow though

rich
Old 05-17-2003, 11:45 PM
veilside z

& to think, I was miffed when they told me I couldn't go for the Orange interior with Blade...

IMHO the orange leather should be kept to the seats only. The two tone steering wheel, orange gearknob & orange handbrake just don't do it for me

I'm not sure whether it's our wet English weather but is the orange as dull as it appears in the photos? It has a lot more zing to it in some US photos that I have seen!

With regards the steering wheel buttons, they are for Cruise - you can swap out the UK wheel for the Momo JDM wheel, but you will forfeit the cruise control function.
Old 05-18-2003, 12:16 AM
gizmo71

I'm not sure whether it's our wet English weather but is the orange as dull as it appears in the photos? It has a lot more zing to it in some US photos that I have seen!
My 1/24 model painted with Nissan touch up paint shows how much the colour changes depending on how much light is on it - under subdued lighting (and yesterday was pretty subdued ) it's a sort of light brown with a hint of orange, but under bright light it looks much more orange.

I wasn't 100% cetain about my choice of colour until yesterday but having seen it in the flesh in typical English weather, my fears have been laid to rest. The colour just suits the car so well.

BTW, all of you who've ordered silver will have to suffer people coming up and telling you that they like your TT.

With regards the steering wheel buttons, they are for Cruise - you can swap out the UK wheel for the Momo JDM wheel, but you will forfeit the cruise control function.
I'm 90% sure two of the buttons are for the trip computer, one is for cruise, and the other three are for the stereo.
Old 05-18-2003, 12:27 AM
veilside z

Sorry Gizmo, should have been a little bit clearer here, shouldn't I?

It was the Orange leather that I thought looked a bit dull, not the Le Mans Sunset paint , I like the paint colour

Any views on that one?

PS I get where you're coming from on the Blade, but I think I've dispelled those comments with the VeilSide wing

Maybe 50% Audi TT / 50% Porsche 911, but definitely 100% Z
Old 05-18-2003, 12:43 AM
veilside z

Originally posted by gizmo71
I'm 90% sure two of the buttons are for the trip computer, one is for cruise, and the other three are for the stereo.
OMG I'd missed that one!!!

We get SIX buttons on the steering wheel !?!?

US only get 3 - all for the cruise...

...thinking about it, I would imagine that this is the telephone integration that was mentioned early on & the stereo volume?
Attached Thumbnails CSMA Brands Hatch pictures-controls.jpg  
Old 05-18-2003, 02:04 AM
girlracer

Default alezan leather

I'm heading ouf to Brands today to check out that leather up close and personal. I will take some very close up piccies with my very good Leica digital camera for those of us with Alezan Worries ... watch this space. Should be back in time for tea.
Old 05-18-2003, 02:43 AM
Paul UK

Good stuff.......hurry back!

PaulUK
Old 05-18-2003, 03:09 AM
girlracer

Paul, if anyone can hurry back, it's girlracer in a Tuscan

Ok, I'm off...
Old 05-18-2003, 03:45 AM
Paul UK

Its now 30 minutes since you left.......are you back yet?

PaulUK

Quick Reply: CSMA Brands Hatch pictures