Notices
Upcoming Events Upcoming 350z/370Z/G35/G37 Events

***ZDAYZ May 18-20, 2007 - The Premiere East Coast Z event***

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 06:55 PM
ZCARBANDIT
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAHA, thanks for that bit of info, may have to take you up on it.I dont kill people that i know of, unless i sleep walk.lol
Old 01-25-2007, 12:01 AM
98intrigue

Originally Posted by dougrace zs
We will be there with the truck and the blender. I really want to get out and do some driving this year had a tooth infection last year which must have messed up my inner ear. put a real damper on driving fast.
I'm looking forward to the truck and blender. Those margaritas were damn good last year.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:25 PM
freefallin

I'll be there too...first for me. Are all the rooms booked up? Anyone from the Ohio/Cincinnati are going?
Old 01-25-2007, 12:52 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by freefallin
I'll be there too...first for me. Are all the rooms booked up? Anyone from the Ohio/Cincinnati are going?
www.fontanavillage.com

Call and check room availability.....sooner than later.

We're working on getting the info out for overflow accomodations........

Yes there are Z's from Ohio attending. It would be best to contact the guys at ZROC and caravan with them.....

www.zroc.org
Old 01-25-2007, 04:55 PM
kdogg24

I'm from Columbus, OH and I will be attending. Along with my friend who is also bringing his Z.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:00 AM
Smoked

Wow, neat, another event held on the days I'm working.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:49 AM
freefallin

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
www.fontanavillage.com

Call and check room availability.....sooner than later.

We're working on getting the info out for overflow accomodations........

Yes there are Z's from Ohio attending. It would be best to contact the guys at ZROC and caravan with them.....

www.zroc.org
Thanks Buzz. I'll check out Zroc. Do you have an event schedule yet? My buddy and I were planning on driving down from Cincy after work on Friday.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:50 AM
freefallin

Originally Posted by kdogg24
I'm from Columbus, OH and I will be attending. Along with my friend who is also bringing his Z.
When are you planning on driving down?
Old 01-28-2007, 07:53 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Andy - you have email
Old 01-28-2007, 02:10 PM
kdogg24

When are you planning on driving down?
We will be leaving early Friday morning, May 18. We are thinking we will leave Columbus around 6-7am. If you want to join us, PM me and we can set a meeting place.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:14 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's the north central caravan info page.

https://my350z.com/forum/north-central/245836-2007-zdayz-ohio-area-caravan-info.html
Old 01-29-2007, 05:10 AM
buzzardmountain

Thanks Buzz. I'll check out Zroc. Do you have an event schedule yet?
Schedule isn't 100% set in stone just yet. Be sure to check back in the threads or the ZdayZ website, I'll be updating the threads when we have everything finalized.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:53 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those interested I just called . . . they are completely booked except for the Rustic cabins.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:41 PM
buzzardmountain

Old 02-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Playboy's Z

that is alot of cars props to attendance for you guys
Old 02-02-2007, 10:05 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by 2ndz
I saw the latest sponsors added on the zdayz site....do you know if Zaino will have a representive(s) there? and if so, will they have products with them for sale?
Originally Posted by mcduck
I'll try to get some confirmation on this, but I believe they will have someone on site and they will have product for sale. Please don't quote me on this, though. We just finally got confirmation on several of our sponsors. The exact details of their contributions and presence are being finalized. We *think* we are going to have several sponsors on site this year, including possibly one BIG sponsor we hope to announce soon.

Originally Posted by Jyoder7
I really want to go, but i'm going to wait till next year. I'll have a better job and a lot more money by then.
But what if we don't have a ZDayZ next year!!! Perhaps you should reconsider.

Originally Posted by kdogg24
Do we HAVE to register? I'm not going to be showing my car, and I plan on getting food on my own. So do I HAVE to register?

Technically, no, you do not *have* to register. Since this is the third or fourth question I've had to field like this, I should probably point out a few quick facts to help you decide.

1 - Friday and Saturday dinners are included in registration. You certainly can eat elsewhere, but if you plan to eat 'on site' at FVR you're only other option for dinner will be the Mountainview Bistro in the lodge. As you can guess, since it has the word 'Bistro' in the title, it is pricey and you'll probably wind up spending more here than you would to register. You could eat offsite, but then you must figure in travel time/gas and you will miss out on dining with the Z-crowd.

2 - Registration includes an event shirt. Maybe you don't want one, but if you do, it will be between $10 and $15 to buy one onsite.

3 - If you do not register, you cannot participate in *ANY* ZDayZ activities. Without a ZDayZ badge, you cannot get into the group dinners, you cannot enter ***or vote*** in the people's choice car show, you will not receive nor can you buy tickets for our raffle drawings, you cannot attend our Friday night activity which is looking like will be a drive-in movie if all goes as planned, and so on.

4 - What can you do if you do not register. Well, there is no reason you can't hang out with everyone onsite outside of organized activities. There will be plenty going on, I assure you. Certainly, you can still get together with friends and drive the mountain roads. They are public afterall. And there are a wide variety of 'other activities' you can pursue offsite and through FVR to keep yourself entertained. So, you won't necessarily be bored if you don't register.

However....
5 - And this is the most important point I can make... ZDayZ exists and happens because of the support of Z-clubs AND ZDayZ attendees. By registering for the event, you are supporting the event. If we start having people just show up and not register, we cannot plan or run ZDayZ effectively. And, I can assure you, when this happens, the joke I made above to Jyoder7 about there not being a ZDayZ next year becomes a reality. ZDayZ is run as close to a $0 balance budget as possible. That means all the money we make at the event we try to put back into it. It also means we really heavily on accurate budget estimates and meeting those estimates. Attending, but not registering, can really throw us off in that regard and in doing so, put the event into the red very quickly. Our policy behind the scenes has always been that we don't look to make a huge profit off this event (we do it because we love the Z community), but we're not going to do it at loss either. When the later happens, we simply will stop doing the event.

For those who have not yet seen them, here are two working samples of the ZDayZ 2007 logo....

These or variants of these will be appearing on a variety of ZDayZ items this year. Hope everyone likes them.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:51 AM
buzzardmountain

Official activities will be Friday and Saturday, though you'll find plenty of stuff to do with others before and after if you want.

Schedule is still in the works, but is shaping up like this. Please keep in mind this is all tentative at the moment...

FRIDAY
after lunch - Poker Run
end of afternoon - Group photo at dam
Welcome Dinner
drive-in movie on the ballfield

SATURDAY
early - Car Show
mid-day - Tech sessions
Awards Dinner
Evening open

Time TBD
Detailing Session
Vendor Panel discussion

At this time, we are not planning to continue the ZDayZ Texas Hold'em tournament, but may keep the Rec Hall open one evening if folks want to come in and have their own tournament.

If Forza Motorsports 2 for XBox 360 is released, we may also have a Forza Challenge thing set up a registration.

Again, all this is tentative at this point. You can count on the dinners and car show. Everything else is dependent on sponsor support and feasible logistics. Watch for the official schedule on our website soon.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:42 PM
atlsupdawg#2

Any caravans leaving from Atlanta?? Pending I can get the off days, which I doubt will be an issue, I'm there.

Sharif, you'll be hearing from me real soon about some suspension purchases ..
Old 02-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Morris

In response to the question reagarding whether Zaino will be ousite, yes they plan to be there. And, they will have product to sale.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by atlsupdawg#2
Any caravans leaving from Atlanta?? Pending I can get the off days, which I doubt will be an issue, I'm there.

Sharif, you'll be hearing from me real soon about some suspension purchases ..
Sounds good.....I can caravan! We are bring a couple of Z's. I think.

Quick Reply: ***ZDAYZ May 18-20, 2007 - The Premiere East Coast Z event***