Upcoming Events Upcoming 350z/370Z/G35/G37 Events

***ZDAYZ May 18-20, 2007 - The Premiere East Coast Z event***

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 10:45 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mcduck

ZDAYZ QUICK NEWZ!

Talked to Fontana Village today. The reports of no availability are only partly correct. They have availability, but it's spotty. In some cases, they have single night availability (Friday or Saturday night, but not both). There are a few of the basic cabins (no linen service / no AC) still available. And one of the two house boats is still available (wondering who rented the other). That may be a good way to go if you have a group of 4 or more to split the cost. Other than that, they seem to be full.

A list of alternate lodging options is now up at the ZDayZ website, as well as some local dining options, and other things to do if you intend to arrive early or leave a few days later.

Expect a BIG announcement about ZDayZ by the end of the week. For the 2 or 3 who know what it is, keep ya big traps shut a few more days until we make it all official like.

That's all for today.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Devil Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far away . . . . . . .
Old 02-22-2007, 05:22 AM
buzzardmountain

February 22, 2007

More sponsor announcements today... We have three big additions to our 2007 ZDayZ sponsors. First, we are happy to welcome back Hotchkis Tuning and Nissan Sport Magazine (formerly Sport Z Magazine).

Finally, the BIG news!!! We are proud to welcome Nissan North America as a 2007 ZDayZ sponsor! Afterall, without them, none of us would have Z cars. This is the first year Nissan will join us, but we certainly hope it won't be the last. Not only is Nissan sponsoring ZDayZ, but they and several other partner sponsors will be onsite at Fontana Village to participate in ZDayZ activities.

And more news is on the way. Check back here in a few days for a sneak peak at our 2007 ZDayZ poster!

Old 02-22-2007, 05:47 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome news indeed. With Nissan's headquarters located in TN now, it only makes sense! Maybe they will bring a slew of 07's for some test drives.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:52 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Awesome news indeed. With Nissan's headquarters located in TN now, it only makes sense! Maybe they will bring a slew of 07's for some test drives.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:51 AM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anybody have space in a room? I called and they were all booked, i will split the cost for rent with anybody! Let me know thanks
Old 03-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

anyone register yet? I went through the motions on the site store (bought, filled out info and payed), but im jsut wondering what goes on next.

do i get something in the mail? How do i confirm im all setup.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:07 AM
buzzardmountain

Questions about registration

I still get frequent emails about our registration pricing for this year. So, wanted to take a few moments to offer some information on the topic for everyone in a quick FAQ.

Why the big increase in registration cost this year?
A lot of the questions we get surround the 'higher' pricing for 2007. As I have stated before, the pricing is not really higher. It's just that we have bundled all the costs into one price this year instead of having a menu list. Last year, most registrants opted for the extra items and it just made sense for us to bundle everything to simplify the registration process for attendees and for those running the registration desk (which was sometimes bottlenecked last year).

BTW, I think if you compare our registration cost vs other *big* Z events (check national event, west coast national, midwest Z fest, branson Z fest, ECZA show, etc) you'll find ZDayZ, overall, is on the lower end of pricing.

What does registration include?

* Friday Welcome Dinner
* Saturday Awards Dinner
* Event shirt (primary registrant only... additional shirts will be available for purchase onsite)
* Access to ZDayZ activies

The last item is what I've received the most questions about. In order to attend any ZDayZ activity (be in the room for the awards dinner, sit in on a vendor tech session, etc), you *must* be a ZDayZ attendee. Also, unlike most other events, all our activities except for the Car Show are included in your initial registration. So, there is no entry fee for the Poker Run or to attend our movie night or any other activities or sessions we have going on that weekend.

Why is the car show $10 extra?
It takes all types to build a show like ZDayZ. A large portion of our attendees enjoy the car show (each year roughly 1/2 of the cars onsite wind up in the show). Others either do not want to enter their cars or would prefer to spend that time driving the Dragon, which is fine also. So, for this activity, we prefer to have only the show participants fund the show. The entry fee helps cover car show specific items... trophies, refreshments for the car show, extra giveaways provided by ZDayZ, etc.

The registration cost seems high for two meals. Last year, we had <blah> and <blah>. Is that what I'm paying for this year?
First, as stated above, registration covers more than just the meals. However, in 2006, we were testing Fontana Village's ability to provide quality meals for us. Those who were around in 2004/2005 will remember why these concerns existed. So, we selected a nicer menu one night (the test for FVR) and a 'cookout' style menu the next, figuring they couldn't really mess up a cookout menuif the other meal went wrong somehow. We were very happy with the food and service provided both nights. Since we feel confident the new management and food services staff can pull off a quality meal for us, this year's ZDayZ will have better meals both nights. We have not set the exact menu yet, but neither meal will be 'burgers and hot dogs' like last year. I may even remember to request desserts both nights this time (it was entirely my fault we did not have a dessert for Saturday night last year and I have been reminded of that more than once!).

I think this covers the bulk of the registration / registration cost questions we receive. If there are more, please forward them to me at info@zdayzevents.com
Old 03-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Bini2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CUxtopher
anyone register yet? I went through the motions on the site store (bought, filled out info and payed), but im jsut wondering what goes on next.

do i get something in the mail? How do i confirm im all setup.
The final page of registration is your receipt. Nothing is sent via snail mail. If you feel anxious about it you are welcome to message me with your info and I can check.

You can also log into your account on https://www.zdayz.com/ (Click My Account), and then look on the right hand side of the page under "Order History." That will show you what we have record of.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:42 AM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any one have an extra room????
Old 03-26-2007, 05:17 AM
buzzardmountain

Greetings again!

We've received lots of questions regarding our upcoming online promotion weekend and how it affects those already registered for ZDayZ. The short answer is 'it does not'. However, upon further reflection, we agree those who have asked have a valid point. Why should those who took the initiative (and helped us greatly by doing so) have to pay more than those who are waiting to register? We admit this was an ill-conceived notion..

So, to be fair to those already registered, we are changing what will happen this weekend. Rather than encourage early registration, we will try to discourage late registration. This week will be your last chance to register at the "early bird" registration price of $50 for primary registrants and $40 for guests. Beginning next Monday, April 2nd, registration fees will increase to $55 and $45 for the remainder of the pre-registration period which ends on May 5, 2007. Because of the pending price change, we will only be accepting online registration and payments from now until the new prices take effect next Monday.

We hope this will discourage folks from waiting any longer to register. We honestly would rather you take advantage of the lower pricing. By doing so, you greatly help us prepare for ZDayZ by giving us a sound estimate of how many people will be attending.

Also, we would like to bring up a quick point about Car Show registration. Because it is a logistic nightmare to register car show entrants the day of the show, all car show entries must be submitted prior to the day of the car show. If you intend to enter the car show, help us by doing so when you pre-register. We will allow late car show entries Friday at ZDayZ, but there will be no Saturday 'day of show' registration. The price for car show entry will continue to be $10.
So, visit the Registration page to get signed up before registration pricing increases!

Thank you for your interest in ZDayZ and continual feedback!
ZDayZ contacts that frequent other forums should copy and post this info at those forums. Thank you!

Last edited by buzzardmountain; 03-27-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:59 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahhh I can't wait. I got so much more left to do before the big day. I hope I can get it all done.... Can't wait to see everyone.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:14 PM
buzzardmountain

Revised my original post to reflect the change to this weekend's registration.......

Old 03-29-2007, 09:22 AM
buzzardmountain

Not much new going on yet, but figured I'd jump out here and give a quick preview of activities for 2007 ZDayZ. Times have not been set.

THURSDAY

Check in - evening

FRIDAY

Check in - all day

ZDayZ Poker Run (confirmed!) - late morning / afternoon - rules to be posted soon on our website!

Group Photo at Fontana Dam (confirmed!) - late afternoon - end of Poker Run route

Welcome Dinner (confirmed!) - early evening - distribution of Poker Run prizes following dinner

Drive-in Movie (very tentative) late evening - depends on if we get enough registrations (and soon!) to justify it; rain date would be Sat night

SATURDAY

Check in - morning / early afternoon - general registration only! Car Show entry closes Friday night!!!

Car Show (confirmed!) - morning to early afternoon

Sponsor Tech Session (tentative) - afternoon

Awards Dinner (confirmed!) - early evening - Car show trophies and premium raffle items to be handed out following dinner

Sponsor Round Table (very tentative) - time TBD - depends heavily on company sponsors willingness to participate

Evening will be held open for movie rain date or just to allow folks to socialize on their own.

SUNDAY
ZDayZ ends

ALL WEEKEND
Product booth - near registration - buy ZDayZ shirts and other products

Premium raffle - near registration - buy tickets for premium raffle items at product booth

XBox360 Challenge (tentative) - near registration - not a contest, just a means to kill some time while you are waiting to register or just hanging out. Dependent on whether we have proper equipment to set up and if Forza Motorsport 2 comes out in time for ZDayZ.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:11 PM
AboostedG
Twin Spoolin

FOR THOSE THAT DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For whatever reason, they're Reneging on the March 30th - Sunday April 1st discount. They should just discount the people who already paid, or some kind of incentive, but w/e..... SO WATCH OUT FOR THE PRICE INCREASE instead of the DISCOUNT!!!!!!

"""" We've received lots of questions regarding our upcoming online promotion weekend and how it affects those already registered for ZDayZ. The short answer is 'it does not'. However, upon further reflection, we agree those who have asked have a valid point. Why should those who took the initiative (and helped us greatly by doing so) have to pay more than those who are waiting to register? We admit this was an ill-conceived notion..

So, to be fair to those already registered, we are changing what will happen this weekend. Rather than encourage early registration, we will try to discourage late registration. This week will be your last chance to register at the "early bird" registration price of $50 for primary registrants and $40 for guests. Beginning next Monday, April 2nd, registration fees will increase to $55 and $45 for the remainder of the pre-registration period which ends on May 5, 2007. Because of the pending price change, we will only be accepting online registration and payments from now until the new prices take effect next Monday.

We hope this will discourage folks from waiting any longer to register. We honestly would rather you take advantage of the lower pricing. By doing so, you greatly help us prepare for ZDayZ by giving us a sound estimate of how many people will be attending.
""""

Last edited by AboostedG; 03-31-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:25 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by AFitchTLS

FOR THOSE THAT DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For whatever reason, they're Reneging on the March 30th - Sunday April 1st discount. They should just discount the people who already paid, or some kind of incentive, but w/e..... SO WATCH OUT FOR THE PRICE INCREASE instead of the DISCOUNT!!!!!!

"""" We've received lots of questions regarding our upcoming online promotion weekend and how it affects those already registered for ZDayZ. The short answer is 'it does not'. However, upon further reflection, we agree those who have asked have a valid point. Why should those who took the initiative (and helped us greatly by doing so) have to pay more than those who are waiting to register? We admit this was an ill-conceived notion..

""""
Reading comprehension???

Look up 4 posts......Welcome to last week.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:49 AM
buzzardmountain

Speaking of news, here is the latest newsletter which posted last night...

ZDayZ 2007 Newsletter #3

April 3, 2007

Greetings, Z-enthusiasts! We are fresh off our pre-ZDayZ planning trip to Fontana and, boy, do we have a lot of news to share! So much, in fact, we will be spreading it over the next several newsletters. We should have two or three more following this one and, if you miss any, we’ll be posting previous newsletters on the ZDayZ website soon. So, without further delay, the news…

ZDayZ Cra-Z Shirt Contest III!
It’s back! We were not sure we were going to have this contest again, but after last years enthusiastic participation level and a little prodding from Bryan, our master of ceremonies, for this activity… the Cra-Z Shirt Contest will again occur. As before, the contest will be part of our Friday Welcome Dinner activities and take place toward the end of dinner. However, this year we have a new twist… Sudden Death Eliminations! Each shirt will face off with another in head-to-head competition! Each round will go to the shirt that garnishes the most crowd support until only one truly tacky shirt remains. Prizes from our treasure trove of sponsor donated items will be handed out to the wearers of the top-placing shirts.

As usual, we want as many people to participate as possible, but we ask you to refrain from wearing shirts that are lewd, derogatory, or otherwise vulgar. So, break out your tackiest, most obnoxious, craziest, eye-blistering threads for a lot of fun and prizes.

ZDayZ Dinners
Speaking of dinners, the ZDayZ dinner menus are now finalized! The Welcome Dinner on Friday will be a nice southern BBQ dinner. Choices will include pulled pork BBQ, smoked chicken, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, cole slaw, and full drink service with assorted flavors of ice cream for dessert. For the Awards Dinner on Saturday, the menu will consist of lemon-pepper chicken, Cajun meatloaf, garlic red mashed potatoes, green beans, pasta salad, dinner rolls, drinks, and choice of apple or chocolate pie. Both nights, bar service will be provided so attendees can purchase beer or wine.

Fontana Facilities
ZDayZ veterans will be happy to learn several of the onsite facilities at Fontana Village will have extended hours during our time there. Anyone who has just missed getting to the gas station in the evening or could not grab an early breakfast knows what I am talking about. We have been assured by Fontana Village management that the restaurants, general store, and gas station will open earlier and stay open a little later during ZDayZ.

In addition, expect the grille (next to the Recreation Hall) to be open for breakfast, offering grab-and-go type menu items for those who do not want to have a full breakfast at the Mountainview Bistro.

Like last year, the Recreation Hall will be ZDayZ central. Whenever there is an indoor activity (such as general registration, dinners, tech session, and so on), it will probably be occurring in the Recreation Hall. Additional facilities and ZDayZ information will be provided as you check-in to the event.

Road Improvements!
The bad news is Fontana Heights road (which exits directly out of the back of the village and which will be every bit as twisty as the Dragon) is not yet complete. It should be finished late this year and ready for ZDayZ 2008, though.

In the meantime, we’ll just have to settle for fresh pavement on the NC side of Tail of the Dragon and much needed repair and repaving on Hwy 28 leading to the Dragon. Both roads have gotten a lot of attention and are a very smooth run now, to compliment the always well-maintained TN side of the Dragon.

ZDayZ Activity Schedule

Finally, we want to leave you today with a preview of the 2007 ZDayZ Schedule of Activities (shown below). Note that one activity, the outdoor movie, is still tentative and some of the times may shift a little between now and May, but all the other activities are set. We have tried to arrange things so everyone can participate in as many activities as they like.

Expect more detailed descriptions of new activities in our future newsletters. See you back here in a few weeks!

Andy Morris
ZDayZ Organizer
info@zdayzevents.com

THURSDAY, MAY 17th
ZDayZ Registration 6:00pm - 10:00pm Recreation Hall

FRIDAY, MAY 18th
ZDayZ Registration 10:00am - 10:00pm Recreation Hall
Poker Run 10:30am - 4:45pm
Start - Fontana Village 10:30am - 12:45pm Recreation Hall
Stop 1 - Robbinsville 11:00am - 1:15pm Solo Gas Station
Stop 2 - Cherhola Skyway 11:45am - 2:00pm Scenic Overlook
Stop 3 - Tellico Plains 12:30pm - 2:45pm Visitor Center
Stop 4 - Lakeside 1:30pm - 3:45pm Culhowie Dam
Finish - Fontana Dam 2:15pm - 4:45pm Fontana Dam
Group Photo 5:00pm - 5:30pm Fontana Dam
Welcome Dinner 6:30pm - 9:00pm
Dinner Service 6:30pm - 8:00pm Recreation Hall
Bar Service 6:30pm - 9:00pm Recreation Hall
Opening Remarks 7:45pm Recreation Hall
Cra-Z shirt Contest III 8:00pm Recreation Hall
Poker Run Prizes 8:30pm Recreation Hall
Outdoor Movie (tentative) 9:15pm - midnight Ball Field

SATURDAY, MAY 19th
ZDayZ Registration 9:00am - noon Recreation Hall
ZDayZ Car Show 9:00am - 2:00pm
Car Show Check-In 9:00am - 11:00am General Store
Car Show Voting 11:00am - 1:30pm TBA
Car Show Prize Giveaways 1:30pm - 2:00pm General Store
Sponsor Tech Sessions 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Details TBA 3:00pm - 6:00pm TBA
Awards Dinner 6:30pm - 9:00pm
Dinner Service 6:30pm - 8:00pm Recreation Hall
Bar Service 6:30pm - 9:00pm Recreation Hall
Opening Remarks 7:45pm Recreation Hall
Car Show Awards Presentation 8:00pm Recreation Hall

SUNDAY, MAY 20th

Talk to Organizers 9:00am - noon Lobby of Lodge
ZDayZ Ends See you next year!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 02:46 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

ZDAYZ personal Forum

http://ryanpampush.com/zdayz/index.php
Old 04-06-2007, 04:50 PM
maximumsportZ

I might be coming and probably sleeping in my car.

Last edited by maximumsportZ; 04-06-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:34 PM
AboostedG
Twin Spoolin

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
Reading comprehension???

Look up 4 posts......Welcome to last week.

Cool

Quick Reply: ***ZDAYZ May 18-20, 2007 - The Premiere East Coast Z event***