Notices
Upcoming Events Upcoming 350z/370Z/G35/G37 Events

ZdayZ 2009

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason333
What is this Zdayz? Is it some kind of car meet?
yes sir, it is. Every May we get together in the mountains of North Carolina, near the tail of the dragon. This year we had nearly 500 people on site and over 300 cars. Check out www.zdayz.com and you canalso ask you neighbor Blasian about it, he was there, purple drank and all

For 2010 the dates have been set to May 20th-23rd. Stay tuned for more details for 2010 or you can check out www.zdayz.com for pictures, recaps, and incriminating evidence.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:47 PM
TSG-Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was or will there be a decision to change up the NSM format?
Old 10-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Lightning Guy

Originally Posted by TSG-Z
Was or will there be a decision to change up the NSM format?
I cannot speak for NSM, however ZdayZ and NSm are currently working on an arrangement that works for everyone. the last words I had with Art was that he had an idea that works, so I pateintly wait upon his email. we drank many beers, and had many laughs, and many head nods in understadning. SO the feeling is positive at this juncture. We have until Jan01 to come to an accord, and I think we will.

As far as the format, they are trying to promote the entire Nissan product line. there is an accord with NNA and NSM on that, so that looks solid. The days of SportZ are gone, it will be NSM from this point until the next point. Personally I dig seeing the maximas and trux. I'm a truck guy anyway and most of NNA's stuff is running our motor with a twist.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:03 PM
jschrauwen

Originally Posted by Lightning Guy
I do not know what you speak of..... AHEM, gulp. Thanx for taking it on the nose for the team

I hope you made it back safely as well John. Yes you crazy canuks, holy crap you guys party like rock stars. I should know better than to try and hang with y'all.
No worrries, I have shoulders big enough to handle it. A few tt.net people didn't see it the same way as I (we) did, unfortunately so of course they picked up on this right away.
LOL, no rock star here.....lol
Got back easy enough although I didn't go with the AMS team. I didn't think they'd get back soon enough for me to make it time for work. I latched onto two fine 240Z guys and we did the trip in only 2 days. Mostly similar to the way we drove from Baton Rouge to San Antonio, if you know what I mean.
You might not remember the people but maybe the two 240Z's though ->

I think the AMS group is still on the road (as I speak) and probably won't get back til tomorrow. I hope their deer-damaged car didn't develope any problems on the way home.

Last edited by jschrauwen; 10-05-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Lightning Guy

Originally Posted by jschrauwen
No worrries, I have shoulders big enough to handle it. A few tt.net people didn't see it the same way as I (we) did, unfortunately so of course they picked up on this right away.
LOL, no rock star here.....lol
Got back easy enough although I didn't go with the AMS team. I didn't think they'd get back soon enough for me to make it time for work. I latched onto two fine 240Z guys and we did the trip in only 2 days. Mostly similar to the way we drove from Baton Rouge to San Antonio, if you know what I mean.
You might not remember the people but maybe the two 240Z's though ->

I think the AMS group is still on the road (as I speak) and probably won't get back til tomorrow. I hope their deer-damaged car didn't develope any problems on the way home.
you are the only sober rock star in Canada

Damn fine looking S30s to be sharing the road with in your RHD Z32, keep shopping for an NA 2+2 RHD Z32 for me, I thin it would be a great GT car. LOL, much more comfortable than my Z in it scurent shape.

Tell Vuk and gang it was a blast and can't wait to do it again

sory about the tt.net folks, I read some of that drama. feel really bad that Vuk caught so much flak for that.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi everyone. Please go out and purchase this month's issue of Modified mag and DO NOT scan it to the forums. I was pretty happy they gave us 3 pages, when they only promised us 2 pages. The more support we show the magazine, the more likely they are to increase our page count for next year. Thank you all, and looking forward to ZDAYZ 2010!!
Old 10-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Hi everyone. Please go out and purchase this month's issue of Modified mag and DO NOT scan it to the forums. I was pretty happy they gave us 3 pages, when they only promised us 2 pages. The more support we show the magazine, the more likely they are to increase our page count for next year. Thank you all, and looking forward to ZDAYZ 2010!!
Thanks for writing the article!

Now we know who to call to get things done. LOL
Old 10-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Phreakdout

Oh yeah, as soon as the AMS guys introduced me to "Mad" Mike Taylor, he looked at me and said, "we need to talk." Well we did, many times for many hours. I will say Mike is a unique individual and the Z community is blessed to have him on our side. God help whoever's side he is opposing Mike and I discussed many things and I am looking forward to continuing these discussions in the coming months.
How's Mike doing? I got to meet him at the 1992 Z Convention when it was held in Knoxville. I seriously loved Knoxville so much on that trip that I took an opportunity to work there and moved from Chicago to Knoxville in 1993.

Anyway, Mike's an awesome guy. Glad to hear he's still involved. Learn much from him as he is well connected and well respected in the Nissan circles.

I took this pic on the riverboat in front of Neyland Stadium. (He's on the right ... can't miss him.) Taken July 1992.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Lightning Guy

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Sorry I didn't catch that earlier, please don't steal. Be honest. Posting scans and/or other copywrited material = bad. Like the man said, the more copies we sell the bigger/better it can/will be next year

Sharif, thanx a million for your support of the community and ZdayZ!

[edit: can't spell at all]

Last edited by Lightning Guy; 10-05-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Lightning Guy

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
How's Mike doing? I got to meet him at the 1992 Z Convention when it was held in Knoxville. I seriously loved Knoxville so much on that trip that I took an opportunity to work there and moved from Chicago to Knoxville in 1993.

Anyway, Mike's an awesome guy. Glad to hear he's still involved. Learn much from him as he is well connected and well respected in the Nissan circles.

I took this pic on the riverboat in front of Neyland Stadium. (He's on the right ... can't miss him.) Taken July 1992.
Once Mike has met you, there is no escape! Nothing's changed there. To say the least he is well connected. He charged me with many things and I hope I don't let him down. Mike for president!
Old 10-05-2009, 11:28 PM
AUtigers350z

Sorry I didn't catch that earlier, please don't steal. Be honest. Posting scans and/or other copywrited material = bad. Like the man said, the more copies we sell the bigger/better it can/will be next year

Sharif, thanx a million for your support of the community and ZdayZ!

[edit: can't spell at all]
Haha sorry that was my instigation. I was just feeling lazy since they didn't have it at Wal-Mart. I'll go out and find/buy it somewhere.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:49 AM
Datsun240Z71

Glad to hear thing with NSM and ZCCA went in a positive direction Bryan. We all do this because we share a common interest, and it's best that we all move in the same direction.

Randy in Nashville
Middle Tennessee Z Club

Last edited by Datsun240Z71; 10-06-2009 at 02:50 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:23 AM
Lightning Guy

Originally Posted by Datsun240Z71
Glad to hear thing with NSM and ZCCA went in a positive direction Bryan. We all do this because we share a common interest, and it's best that we all move in the same direction.

Randy in Nashville
Middle Tennessee Z Club
Absolutely
Old 10-06-2009, 04:51 AM
HKYStormFront

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i too had a talk with art from NSM. we are going to collaborate more in the future on how much room he has for pictures and so forth. i expressed my deep concern the way my work was being displayed and we had a good chat about getting together on upcoming events (ZCON and Z Nats) to ensure that pictures are actually viewable and substantial. hopefully he will back up what he has said in this regard as well
Old 10-06-2009, 01:15 PM
mrf350z

Originally Posted by Phreakdout

HAHA! This was my first Z Convention too when I met MAD MIKE- he's been a great friend ever since with my Z club efforts over the past years- The best part of the 92 convention was the "STEALTH Z" on display... - A 12 x 20 Roped off area and some military guards on all four corners in celebration of the STEALTH fighter... LOL I'll have to post some of my film pictures (Patrick joke) for some old school love...

Bryan, let me know what I can do to help with ZDAYZ next year... PM me if you need me to get anything going... I'd love to help
Old 10-06-2009, 02:00 PM
HKYStormFront

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

film? ha, what's that? is that what's left on my truck after driving 2 weeks straight and not cleaning it?
Old 10-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Jason333
hi

yes sir, it is. Every May we get together in the mountains of North Carolina, near the tail of the dragon. This year we had nearly 500 people on site and over 300 cars. Check out www.zdayz.com and you canalso ask you neighbor Blasian about it, he was there, purple drank and all

For 2010 the dates have been set to May 20th-23rd. Stay tuned for more details for 2010 or you can check out www.zdayz.com for pictures, recaps, and incriminating evidence.
Sorry was trolling a bit. Blasian and I were rally / poker run partners this year.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Lightning Guy

Originally Posted by Jason333
Sorry was trolling a bit. Blasian and I were rally / poker run partners this year.
I thought there were two cajuns in the car. Next year I plan on meeting more people and not running the event as hard, taking resumes for an onsite manager position.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:56 PM
undercat

Bryan, maybe it's time to update your sig with the 2010 dates...?

--Alix
Old 10-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Lightning Guy

Originally Posted by undercat
Bryan, maybe it's time to update your sig with the 2010 dates...?

--Alix
Thank you, I'll get on that this weekend BTW it is May 20-23 2010 same place