Notices
Upcoming Events Upcoming 350z/370Z/G35/G37 Events

ZDAYZ 2011 (May 19-22, 2011)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 01:25 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Had an amazing time, just going through all the pics now... Zdays staff words can't thank you enough. This is my one get away a year.

Just a PSA for all the newbies and new comers next year...

IT IS an unwritten rule that you kindly move aside for faster vehicles. You would think the Z and G guys would know this.

The only buzzkill of my weekend was getting behind 2 Z's on 2 seperate occasions that would not move aside. Even a yellow Impalla towing kayaks moved aside...

That being said.

Orange Z with the GTR wannabe front bumper and worst wheels in the world SCREW YOU. There were many times to pull over and even after I pushed you so hard you almost flew off the road you would still not get over. Please don't come back next year.

White Z with CCW wheels... Hella flush looks great but SUCKS on these roads... You know this and still would not move over. WHAT GIVES????

Rant over.

I think im just grumpy cause im back at work and it's rainy and cold... Damn you Ohio/...

Last edited by MyV6IsFast3r; 05-23-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:38 PM
NFSP 350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started a thread in the media events section for posting pics. I will be uploading once i edit a few. Feel free to get it rolling. https://my350z.com/forum/event-photo...yz-2011-a.html
Old 05-23-2011, 01:39 PM
nfsp g35

Photo thread is up! https://my350z.com/forum/event-photo...yz-2011-a.html

Edit... oops! Posting from phone FTL!

Last edited by nfsp g35; 05-23-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:40 PM
brandon3434

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MyV6IsFast3r
Had an amazing time, just going through all the pics now... Zdays staff words can't thank you enough. This is my one get away a year.

IT IS an unwritten rule that you kindly move aside for faster vehicles. You would think the Z and G guys would know this.

The only buzzkill of my weekend was getting behind 2 Z's on 2 seperate occasions that would not move aside. Even a yellow Impalla towing kayaks moved aside...

That being said.

Orange Z with the GTR wannabe front bumper and worst wheels in the world SCREW YOU. There were many times to pull over and even after I pushed you so hard you almost flew off the road you would still not get over. Please don't come back next year.

White Z with CCW wheels... Hella flush looks great but SUCKS on these roads... You know this and still would not move over. WHAT GIVES????

Rant over.

I think im just grumpy cause im back at work and it's rainy and cold... Damn you Ohio/...
^^^LOL

Yea I actually was stuck behind that orange z as well...I just passed him lol...

Also, Ohio FTL
Old 05-23-2011, 01:42 PM
2fastnc

That being said.

Rant over.
Its ok to rant! lol......RANT ON!

I wish I had more time to play, I had 2 older teenagers wanting to party while we were gone. So Friday was the only day we had up there. Did the cruise to snowbird lodge and that was great! I got in a few fun little runs here and there. But like you said some people would just poke A$$ around and ruin the whole road! I did get into a Great short run with a grey 350 coupe on our way home that was AWESOME! My wife even got sick! She said it was fine and that it was just because she wasnt driving. I figured I was going to push it since we were going home and it was the best for last type of run! Cant wait for next year with a better set up and wheels. Didnt really have time to meet anyone but looking forward to next year! Great event!~
Old 05-23-2011, 01:54 PM
NFSP 350

This was my first year at ZDayZ, but It will be far from my last. I would say next year couldnt come soon enough but Im glad I have a year to work on my Z and make it better for next year.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:02 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Im going to have to make a week of it next year Thurs-Sun just wasnt enough time.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Z1NONLY

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

If you are having fun and driving within your lane and your limits, great.

But if you aren't stuck behind a slow vehicle and someone shows up in your rear-view mirror......YOU are the slow moving vehicle, and you need to move out of the way at the next safe pull-off area. (They are all over the Dragon)

I was stuck behind a sport bike who was stuck behind a girl on a Harley doing 20-ish. (and it wasn't too long before a line of cars formed behind her.) She held up traffic or 4 miles until she pulled into the dragon store.

I also sat behind a Ford SUV from Fontana to the dragon store. The guy was averaging 20-30mph on HWY28. (my GPS thinks the PSL is 55)

Some people just seem to get off on holding others back.

Last edited by Z1NONLY; 05-23-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:23 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^ I think everyone is slow to you Mike

I always got stuck behind someone before I had the chance to be the slow guy

Originally Posted by 2fastnc
Its ok to rant! lol......RANT ON!

I wish I had more time to play, I had 2 older teenagers wanting to party while we were gone. So Friday was the only day we had up there. Did the cruise to snowbird lodge and that was great! I got in a few fun little runs here and there. But like you said some people would just poke A$$ around and ruin the whole road! I did get into a Great short run with a grey 350 coupe on our way home that was AWESOME! My wife even got sick! She said it was fine and that it was just because she wasnt driving. I figured I was going to push it since we were going home and it was the best for last type of run! Cant wait for next year with a better set up and wheels. Didnt really have time to meet anyone but looking forward to next year! Great event!~
That was me
After that run my brakes were DONE; had to sit around for about 30 min, but Mike was nice enough to keep us company.

Best part of zdayz: My wife "You know, it seems like everyone here has aftermarket wheels. I think you need some...." My b-day is coming up

Last edited by SirSpeedyZ; 05-23-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:09 PM
NFSP 350

Originally Posted by SirSpeedyZ
Best part of zdayz: My wife "You know, it seems like everyone here has aftermarket wheels. I think you need some...." My b-day is coming up
Congrats on that comment. Ofcourse theres a fine line in not having stock wheels & having wheels that look better than stock. Im not gonna throw people under the bus but I did see a few (rare) Z's with terrible looking aftermarket wheels. Doesn't have to be pricey name brand but style and offset are very important.

My wife also noted the number of 350s with exhaust and I may be given an added budget for that soon.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:13 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

^^^ I think everyone is slow to you Mike

That was me
After that run my brakes were DONE; had to sit around for about 30 min, but Mike was nice enough to keep us company.

SCORE!!!

I wish I actually had a chance to run with some people who knew how to drive. Only time I did was on the way out and we all had luggage malfunctions lol.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:28 PM
nfsp g35

SCORE!!!

I wish I actually had a chance to run with some people who knew how to drive. Only time I did was on the way out and we all had luggage malfunctions lol.
Hahaha. I had the G pretty loaded down when leaving on Sunday ... yeah, my handling was severely compromised
Old 05-23-2011, 03:29 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No more BS this time....

I booked my cabin for next year already and have a crew going. See you guys next year.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:33 PM
HKYStormFront

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blasian
No more BS this time....

I booked my cabin for next year already and have a crew going. See you guys next year.
niiiiice greg! don't forget your helmet!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:37 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HKYStormFront
niiiiice greg! don't forget your helmet!!!
I gotta remind David to bring it
Old 05-23-2011, 03:46 PM
RMichael

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you don't mind that is gonna be my new sig.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:22 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Originally Posted by NFSP 350
Congrats on that comment. Ofcourse theres a fine line in not having stock wheels & having wheels that look better than stock. Im not gonna throw people under the bus but I did see a few (rare) Z's with terrible looking aftermarket wheels. Doesn't have to be pricey name brand but style and offset are very important.

My wife also noted the number of 350s with exhaust and I may be given an added budget for that soon.
I agree completely, I'm rather picky when it comes to wheels, but my budget is limited. I'd rather stay stock than get something cheap looking or ugly though. What exhaust are you thinking about?
Mine is going to be getting louder with the HFCs I won

SCORE!!!

Well I won't say I know how to drive, but I was going as fast as safely possible and my brakes really took a beating.

Originally Posted by RMichael
If you don't mind that is gonna be my new sig.
I actually said something sig worthy? By all means then

Zdayz was so much fun and I got to me some real OGs from OH, wish I had gotten there even earlier, I think I need to go up on Thurs. next year and stay for beer pong
Old 05-23-2011, 04:34 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Us OG's from Ohio know how to drive. If you don't have Brembos get them, Best $400 dollar mod ever. That and switched to 17's with sticky tires... Thing is a beast. I'll have a video up soon..

Of course the BEST ever mod ever were my PINK lug nuts lol...

Last edited by MyV6IsFast3r; 05-23-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:44 PM
SirSpeedyZ

how did you get Brembos for $400? and who are you? I was drunk when I was asking what the guys from OH drove (although I know there were a bunch of you)
Old 05-23-2011, 04:57 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Us OG's from Ohio know how to drive. If you don't have Brembos get them, Best $400 dollar mod ever. That and switched to 17's with sticky tires... Thing is a beast. I'll have a video up soon..

Of course the BEST ever mod ever were my PINK lug nuts lol...
So, not being from OH, not having brembos, no 17's, and only having blue lugs means I should pull out of your way next year?

Quick Reply: ZDAYZ 2011 (May 19-22, 2011)