Notices
Videos View/post video clips of the Z/G35 here.

350z vs c6 z06? *Vid*

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 11:10 AM
ipcheck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
That is not bolt-on by 99% of Z owners standards, if it is, then Greddy TT Z's are "bolt-on" because they infact get bolted on....you FL guys are weird....
yes GUY, it is a ****ing bolt on. My single turbo kit is a ****ing bolt on.

You are right I'm wrong.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:11 AM
EM-EFER

Originally Posted by ipcheck
yes GUY, it is a ****ing bolt on. My single turbo kit is a ****ing bolt on.

You are right I'm wrong.
You must be kidding, right?
Old 10-26-2006, 11:12 AM
ipcheck

Originally Posted by EM-EFER
You must be kidding, right?
Here we go! LOL,
Old 10-26-2006, 11:13 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Miaplaya about the surge at 9psi. Also, if you know you're going to run 9psi, why the hell would you purchase a T88 for a RB26? Nobody even uses that setup on the RB's, they usually run a smaller single or a twin setup.

Another thing, 900whp stock block RB26 is a load of garbage. If it got lucky, it might be in the 800's on race gas with a healthy motor but that motor will not take that abuse for too long. It'll pop faster than corn cornels at a movie theater.

Please show proof of all your claims, thanks.

Alberto = Winner by TKO hahaa
Old 10-26-2006, 11:15 AM
MIAPLAYA

Finally someone with knowledge and off the bragging phase... wether it is a bolt on to the RB or not, bolting on a manifold, turbo, and custom downpipe, is bolting on. (bolt on)

I'm the one who is going to shoot the pictures, I haven't had the chance. They will be here shortly.
i have to disagree. Having a downpipe fabricated is not a bolt on. And I checked both Greddy and Trust Japans site and don't see any bolt on upgrade kit for any Skyline. I do see a universal T88 upgrade kit but you would still need to fabricate a manifold and downpipe to make it fit and work on a RB transplant into a Z. While I would have to say that the Greddy kit for the Z is a bolt on as it doesn't require any fabrication to fit a kit in which fabrication is REQUIRED for fitment is by definition NOT a bolt on. I still think the T88 is too large. Just to be sure I AIM'd my buddy in Australia who builds GT-Rs weekly at his shop and he agrees he wouldn't run a T88 on a stock displacement RB26. And especially not at 9 PSI. It just doesn't make much sense. Looking forward to the pics though!!
Old 10-26-2006, 11:15 AM
ipcheck

Originally Posted by 97supratt
I agree with Miaplaya about the surge at 9psi. Also, if you know you're going to run 9psi, why the hell would you purchase a T88 for a RB26? Nobody even uses that setup on the RB's, they usually run a smaller single or a twin setup.

Another thing, 900whp stock block RB26 is a load of garbage. If it got lucky, it might be in the 800's on race gas with a healthy motor but that motor will not take that abuse for too long. It'll pop faster than corn cornels at a movie theater.

Please show proof of all your claims, thanks.

Alberto = Winner by TKO hahaa
LMAO Alberto wins. EVER SINCE he built he is GOD, all now bow to ALBERTO, you people, for real. It's a ****ing forum one, ALBERTO is another built Z two, and ALBERTO has not won anything... this is a bragging cockfest.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:16 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by EM-EFER
I googled it and ended up on GTR.co.UK Seached T88 Map and TD08 Compressor map and came up with one for Greddy.
Thanks!!
Old 10-26-2006, 11:18 AM
ipcheck

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
i have to disagree. Having a downpipe fabricated is not a bolt on. And I checked both Greddy and Trust Japans site and don't see any bolt on upgrade kit for any Skyline. I do see a universal T88 upgrade kit but you would still need to fabricate a manifold and downpipe to make it fit and work on a RB transplant into a Z. While I would have to say that the Greddy kit for the Z is a bolt on as it doesn't require any fabrication to fit a kit in which fabrication is REQUIRED for fitment is by definition NOT a bolt on. I still think the T88 is too large. Just to be sure I AIM'd my buddy in Australia who builds GT-Rs weekly at his shop and he agrees he wouldn't run a T88 on a stock displacement RB26. And especially not at 9 PSI. It just doesn't make much sense. Looking forward to the pics though!!
You are right on the T88 setup, is not for that block. From a long way ahead of this thread, I've said many times, the car is very laggy. That's why it took long to pull on the Z06, taken the chance MIA, this car gets a smaller turbo installed, tuned, will be incredibly fast at 11-16 psi, correct?

Whatever alberto says on 900 WHP, the owner of the car, or me, have never stated here, if he told alberto on myspace... poop.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:22 AM
97supratt

LMAO Alberto wins. EVER SINCE he built he is GOD, all now bow to ALBERTO, you people, for real. It's a ****ing forum one, ALBERTO is another built Z two, and ALBERTO has not won anything... this is a bragging cockfest.
I respect people for what they do and who they are. Alberto was a good driver even when he was n/a. Twin turbos don't change the fact that the boy could drive. He actually does 1/4 mile runs, posts his slips, dynos etc. for that sole purpose.

I don't know your buddy and if he put a RB26 in a 350z then I commend him for that. That is one badass motor in a badass car. But with claims like 900whp on a stock block, I think that's closer to "big talk" than alberto saying he'll beat him 1/4 mile. It's apparent alberto knows how to launch and shift. Sorry, but I can't say the same about your friend.

Old 10-26-2006, 11:23 AM
ipcheck

Originally Posted by 97supratt
I respect people for what they do and who they are. Alberto was a good driver even when he was n/a. Twin turbos don't change the fact that the boy could drive. He actually does 1/4 mile runs, posts his slips, dynos etc. for that sole purpose.

I don't know your buddy and if he put a RB26 in a 350z then I commend him for that. That is one badass motor in a badass car. But with claims like 900whp on a stock block, I think that's closer to "big talk" than alberto saying he'll beat him 1/4 mile. It's apparent alberto knows how to launch and shift. Sorry, but I can't say the same about your friend.

You are right, but the owner of the Z or me have never said a word on 900 WHP... ??? it was also stated on the VIDEO which is the main topic of this thread, that the car was @ 9psi... and no nitrous to spool that bucket....
Old 10-26-2006, 11:26 AM
97supratt

You are right, but the owner of the Z or me have never said a word on 900 WHP... ??? it was also stated on the VIDEO which is the main topic of this thread, that the car was @ 9psi... and no nitrous to spool that bucket....
Sorry to say but 9psi won't move **** on that turbo. Its too big, especially if you don't have nitrous and running stock bore/stroke. I'm not saying its impossible, it is very very possible but it's not very wise. If the purpose of that build was for speed, it shouldn't have boosted 9psi on stock block.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:29 AM
MIAPLAYA

i'm not commenting on any of that. I am truely interested in this persons setup. While I disagree with his turbo choice I am not bragging about my own but rather trying to gather info to show you what I'm saying.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:30 AM
ipcheck

i'm not commenting on any of that. I am truely interested in this persons setup. While I disagree with his turbo choice I am not bragging about my own but rather trying to gather info to show you what I'm saying.
I will have info and pictures ASAP.. maybe even tonight If the time is right.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:33 AM
MIAPLAYA

You are right on the T88 setup, is not for that block. From a long way ahead of this thread, I've said many times, the car is very laggy. That's why it took long to pull on the Z06, taken the chance MIA, this car gets a smaller turbo installed, tuned, will be incredibly fast at 11-16 psi, correct?

Whatever alberto says on 900 WHP, the owner of the car, or me, have never stated here, if he told alberto on myspace... poop.
Depending on the turbo used yes. I don't know the pressure ratio limit of an RB26DETT but 15 PSI on a standard T76 would net you the same or slightly better hp numbers but the compressor will be in its peak efficiency band. Thats what I would choose for a single. Or a GT-K when its released. A Super T76 would be capable of more power but I don't have a map to use to check the efficiency.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:43 AM
PPW Z33

If it really has a RB in it running a huge turbo then dont forget not only will it lag with 2.6L compared to 3.5L but RWD>AWD from rolls.

Boosted RSXs eat evos and stis up all the time on the highway.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:50 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by PPW Z33
If it really has a RB in it running a huge turbo then dont forget not only will it lag with 2.6L compared to 3.5L but RWD>AWD from rolls.

Boosted RSXs eat evos and stis up all the time on the highway.
I sincerely doubt he swapped in all the AWD hardware and made his Z AWD. That i definitely don't believe. Its not too hard to get a RWD trans for an RB motor.. You still need to custom fabricate a driveshaft and mounts, etc. But the AWD vs RWD argument shouldn't apply here unless I missed him saying his Z is now AWD somewhere.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:56 AM
PPW Z33

I sincerely doubt he swapped in all the AWD hardware and made his Z AWD. That i definitely don't believe. Its not too hard to get a RWD trans for an RB motor.. You still need to custom fabricate a driveshaft and mounts, etc. But the AWD vs RWD argument shouldn't apply here unless I missed him saying his Z is now AWD somewhere.
Oh my bad, I was assuming he did the whole swap, godzilla's gears are one of the main reasons I would look at doing the whole swap because they can handle much more than the VQ gears, also I read somewhere in this thread that his gearing was different and he had a 5 spd??? so I made that assumption but probably just running a lower dif for longer gears.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:59 AM
97supratt

Yeah, he's RWD not AWD.

And also, I might want to add. The skyline GTR AWD system isn't full time awd which means the power gets distributed to the front wheels only when the rear wheels lose traction.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

As much as you will deny this you are a hater. My opinion wouldnt have mattered if I was a newb but because Ive been around for years, proven myself, my car, helped others etc, you took my comment about your friends car personally, so you resort to the childish crap above. This isnt a case of nut swinging as no one has done this to me in this thread. If anybody is bragging its your boy who cant keep his mouth shut about his almighty set-up. You keep saying nobody said 900whp he claimed that to me on myspace do you want me to post a screen shot? All your friend is worried about is how fast he can go in each gear and 80mph roll ons-lame a$$ people
Old 10-26-2006, 12:01 PM
ipcheck

Originally Posted by PPW Z33
Oh my bad, I was assuming he did the whole swap, godzilla's gears are one of the main reasons I would look at doing the whole swap because they can handle much more than the VQ gears, also I read somewhere in this thread that his gearing was different and he had a 5 spd??? so I made that assumption but probably just running a lower dif for longer gears.
The car is 5 Speed, RWD, and it has a 300ZX differential with a custom driveshaft...

=)

Quick Reply: 350z vs c6 z06? *Vid*