Notices
Videos View/post video clips of the Z/G35 here.

Type Z V2 (HD 720p)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 07:29 PM
noltech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Type Z V2 (HD 720p)

Check out the new video I made for class. High Motion with original Z sounds.

Song: Massive Attack - I am home.

<b>Update: The server is back up and running. PM me if you want a download. </b>

Progressive download: You have to download a .qtl file 4 kb. The video takes a little bit to load.
School Server

For those that don't want to wait and don't care about HD..

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eho95kTr2_M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eho95kTr2_M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

comment and critique if you would like and thanks for viewing.

Last edited by noltech; 10-12-2007 at 08:56 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thats pretty sick!!... good job. What r u majoring in? video production?
Old 10-05-2007, 10:57 AM
turtle503

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

school server is not working and the other link acts like its going to play but then stops...just upload to youtube..we dont really need to see it in HD
Old 10-05-2007, 11:01 AM
noltech

Thanks. My major is New Media IT. The class is Network-Based Multimedia. I tried to go over the top on the production end.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:07 AM
noltech

turtle503: your computer isn't fast enough to play the file. The school server works fine I just checked it. I will probably upload it to youtube later. I spent a lot of time editing in HD so I want people to see it that way.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:09 AM
turtle503

^^cool, i really want to see it
Old 10-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Shift_Z33

Pretty cool video but it needs to be longer
Old 10-05-2007, 06:20 PM
fwdracer1838

nice video!!! i like the hd. what mods did the z have?
Old 10-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Get_Zwole

wow thats very impressive great job. What exhaust is on that Z sounds great .
Old 10-05-2007, 09:37 PM
noltech

Originally Posted by Shift_Z33
Pretty cool video but it needs to be longer
I would have made it longer but, We are only allowed 30 seconds its a lot of data when its uncompressed.

Originally Posted by fwdracer1838
nice video!!! i like the hd. what mods did the z have?
35th Anniversary Z.. Nismo exhaust and cold air intake and some other small mods.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:46 PM
turtle503

very good video...i love the nismo exhaust, same combo as mine
Old 10-10-2007, 09:53 AM
cer2225

Great Video. Keep them coming...
Old 10-10-2007, 01:19 PM
maXmood
Under Boost!

WE WANT HD!!! WE WANT HD!!!!

get the HD, cuz this vid is cool, i love it and i wanna have it on my pc to watch it between now and then..
Old 10-10-2007, 05:41 PM
noltech

Originally Posted by TheLord
WE WANT HD!!! WE WANT HD!!!!

get the HD, cuz this vid is cool, i love it and i wanna have it on my pc to watch it between now and then..
haha thanks! If you have Quicktime pro. Just right click when it finish loading and save as source. That simple. If you don't I can send you a copy if you would like. It is a 94MB file if more people want it I can upload it to a file server and let people grab it.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:54 PM
SteevoZ

Originally Posted by noltech
haha thanks! If you have Quicktime pro. Just right click when it finish loading and save as source. That simple. If you don't I can send you a copy if you would like. It is a 94MB file if more people want it I can upload it to a file server and let people grab it.
that would be sweet
Old 10-10-2007, 09:37 PM
MagicPie

I am not sure what your goal is, but overall its good.

I'll pretend am at work and offer some quick advise

Work on your pans, they are rough, have a snap in the beginning and are allowing the subject to wonder in and out of frame.
When the car enters a frame a distance between the front of the car and the end of the frame, needs to be kept until the last moment when the car exits frame. If done like your doing in a longer shot, it becomes distracting as the eyes like to assume a smooth froward progression and will cause a lose in sense of motion.

Ideally that should of been a tracking shot, but am sure it wasn't something practical, another way in this case is doing a smooth pan , along with zooming and pulling focus to maintain the same aspect thought out. For a artsy approach then a fish eye lens would be best, and short smooth pan, to give across the effect, I think you were going for.

Dont play with the zoom as you did in the end. Zoom has its propose, but its use in the way you did is amateur.
You would get a more effective result by having your chase truck pull away from the car and use a low frame rate during the process (or do it editing), so when its played back at normal rate it will pulled off quickly.
The biggest problem on your zoom pull, is that as you are going wide, the focus and impact of the subject is lost, however on a long lens the car maintains a strong center even as its distance is increased.

Last edited by MagicPie; 10-10-2007 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:01 PM
FORZWIN

I'd like an HD download
Old 10-11-2007, 08:03 AM
noltech

Originally Posted by MagicPie
I am not sure what your goal is, but overall its good.

I'll pretend am at work and offer some quick advise

Work on your pans, they are rough, have a snap in the beginning and are allowing the subject to wonder in and out of frame.
When the car enters a frame a distance between the front of the car and the end of the frame, needs to be kept until the last moment when the car exits frame. If done like your doing in a longer shot, it becomes distracting as the eyes like to assume a smooth froward progression and will cause a lose in sense of motion.

Ideally that should of been a tracking shot, but am sure it wasn't something practical, another way in this case is doing a smooth pan , along with zooming and pulling focus to maintain the same aspect thought out. For a artsy approach then a fish eye lens would be best, and short smooth pan, to give across the effect, I think you were going for.

Dont play with the zoom as you did in the end. Zoom has its propose, but its use in the way you did is amateur.
You would get a more effective result by having your chase truck pull away from the car and use a low frame rate during the process (or do it editing), so when its played back at normal rate it will pulled off quickly.
The biggest problem on your zoom pull, is that as you are going wide, the focus and impact of the subject is lost, however on a long lens the car maintains a strong center even as its distance is increased.
The Goal - High Motion video for a streaming class. My professor wants to see how our videos will work with different codecs. We are working toward a live stream from RIT or somewhere in Rochester.(Probably a sports event of some sort.)

First off were you watching the youtube version or HD? The pan looks choppy on the youtube version. I know what you mean by letting the subject wander in and out on the frame. My original idea for the beginning of the video was to have the Z drive off after the clouds effect but that didn't work out as I planed so I cut that.

I didn't play with the zoom on the camera. It was done with After Effects with the 35mm present with Easy Ease key frames. I might have done a little too much. We only had two people working this job and both were driving. That being said thank you for your comments. Where do you work? Do you have videos show casing your work? I would love to see it
Old 10-11-2007, 08:33 AM
ESPO 774

i cant view the HD one
Old 10-11-2007, 09:28 AM
MagicPie

Originally Posted by noltech
The Goal - High Motion video for a streaming class. My professor wants to see how our videos will work with different codecs. We are working toward a live stream from RIT or somewhere in Rochester.(Probably a sports event of some sort.)

First off were you watching the youtube version or HD? The pan looks choppy on the youtube version. I know what you mean by letting the subject wander in and out on the frame. My original idea for the beginning of the video was to have the Z drive off after the clouds effect but that didn't work out as I planed so I cut that.

I didn't play with the zoom on the camera. It was done with After Effects with the 35mm present with Easy Ease key frames. I might have done a little too much. We only had two people working this job and both were driving. That being said thank you for your comments. Where do you work? Do you have videos show casing your work? I would love to see it
I had trouble with the HD, and had to resort to the youtube.
I am not trying to be critical so dont take anything the wrong way

As for the choppy pans, am sure the codec, small size of the youtube video have some negative effects. However on a fast moving subject, you should start your pan before the subject enters frame, in your case the subject came in and then the camera panned. If you want to convey smoothness and motion, the pan and the car, most move in the same relative speed.

The zoom, makes more sense now I know used after effects, I still think its a bit too much and using my idea in the other post would of more effective.

I know how it is, one you a limited amount of people, and your trying to do everything. There are limitations but like I said early the overall movie was rather good.

I do film advisory for several movie studios, kinda of what am doing with you, but on much more detail, larger and less friendly scale.
I dont own the rights to anything I do, so I have nothing to show you. Its been years since I've done anything solo.

What camera are you using? am a big Panasonic fan, and actually partially sponsored by them.

Quick Reply: Type Z V2 (HD 720p)