Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Jim Wolf - Dual Intakes almost out!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 01:47 PM
HDPDZO6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stylett9
word. I purchased my intake for the sweet look and the cool sound it makes. Call me lame, but atleast i'm realistic. lol
Same here. The sound at 4500+ rpm is very nice.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:47 PM
invazn

Originally Posted by Tom's Z
JWT or nismo intakes are my choices right now just need to wait till both of them come out.
nismo dual intakes are already out.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:47 PM
jgregory124

cool I still want to see comparisons between all hr intakes........i want the best all around design......heat shields, piping etc.....so i guess i will be waiting
Old 10-17-2007, 04:59 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
I understand it's a scanned image. However, DSport did not post the scan on JWT's website; JWT did. They are propagating that ad.

If you are so confident with your product, then knock off the small print crap. Do you see them posting a 6rwhp dyno gain? No. They want you (the buyer) to believe by putting that intake on, you also can get a 14/14 gain to the rear wheels. It's not until you read the small print, do you see the truth...

No better than a Turbonator ad, imo.
That's not JWT's small print, that's DSports... I thought you would've understood that by now (you're a smart cop, come on now). JWT copied the ad EXACTLY how it was printed, didn't add any small print or take it out. There's nothing deceptive about that. Like warmmilk said, they could have just as easily taken out the piece about the dirty filter. Now THAT would've been deceptive.

I do own that issue of DSport BTW, so maybe that's why you might think it's JWT's doing (if you didn't see that issue).
Old 10-17-2007, 05:09 PM
ColoradoClark

1) Nismo intakes haven't shipped yet. If somebody has a production Nismo intake for a 2007 in their hands (or in their car), please feel free to correct me.

2) The deceptive part about the JWT web page isn't the inclusion of the article from DSport about the 14HP gains, ITS THE FACT THAT THOSE GAINS ARE FROM THE SINGLE INTAKE, PRE-2007 JWT POP CHARGER. That graph says absolutely nothing about the effectiveness of the 2007 dual intake popcharger: its meaningless.

If we could get all of the 2007 owners on this board to kick in like $5-10 per person, we could get baseline dynos and JWT/Nismo/Stillen/Fujita results - real world comparisons on one engine. 1 car, 5 sets of three pulls each, with stock/JWT/Nismo/Stillen/Fujita. That, my friends, would be priceless.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:30 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by ColoradoClark
2) The deceptive part about the JWT web page isn't the inclusion of the article from DSport about the 14HP gains, ITS THE FACT THAT THOSE GAINS ARE FROM THE SINGLE INTAKE, PRE-2007 JWT POP CHARGER. That graph says absolutely nothing about the effectiveness of the 2007 dual intake popcharger: its meaningless.
Ummm, fail. It's not refering to the dual setup at all. It's like 2 sections down the page from where they reference the dual setup. All it said was that the Popcharger won the intake shootout.

Here, I'll make this easy:

JWT 2007+ 350Z / G35-G37 DUAL POP-CHARGER SYSTEM Date:10/15/2007

Well, we didn’t think we’d do it! In 2007 Nissan drastically improved the VQ35 intake system by adding an extra throttle, so the question was, is there any room for improvement? After a full year of testing JWT got the answer, "YES", but only with the most efficient Pop-Charger Venturi inlets and hood-sealed heat shields. In addition to a 6.5 to10 WHP improvement, the tone of the engine due to the dual 6” venturis is definitely the most beautiful sound ever heard from a VQ engine! $395 release date - very soon, call us for pre-orders or more info.
JWT 350Z POP-CHARGER WINS IN DSPORT MAGAZINE Date:3/29/2007
Once again the JWT Pop-Charger shows why it is the most popular intake system for the 350Z and G35. No other upgrade produces more power per $ than the Pop-Charger Intake system!
That's quoted from their site. Look at the dates.

Like I said... blind.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:32 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

So they conveniently added another $100, greedy bastards!
Old 10-17-2007, 05:32 PM
warmmilk

1) Nismo intakes haven't shipped yet. If somebody has a production Nismo intake for a 2007 in their hands (or in their car), please feel free to correct me.

If we could get all of the 2007 owners on this board to kick in like $5-10 per person, we could get baseline dynos and JWT/Nismo/Stillen/Fujita results - real world comparisons on one engine. 1 car, 5 sets of three pulls each, with stock/JWT/Nismo/Stillen/Fujita. That, my friends, would be priceless.
the page that pic was taken from has alot more products on it then just the 07 intakes, one of those were the pre 07 intakes. that pic has nothing to do with the 07 intakes, i don't even know why it was posted here
Old 10-17-2007, 05:53 PM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Perhaps we could convince each of the fabricators to donate a kit. If they truly believe in their product, they should encourage a test like this. Then we contact someone at Nissan Sport Magazine... They should be interested in publishing something like this in their Tech section!!

Don't forget AEM...
Old 10-17-2007, 08:06 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Well, at least these JWT intakes have heat shields, unlike the fujita ones. Id consider these to be one of the best designed on paper.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:18 PM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dual Pop charger finally happening!
Old 10-17-2007, 10:16 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
That's not JWT's small print, that's DSports... I thought you would've understood that by now (you're a smart cop, come on now). JWT copied the ad EXACTLY how it was printed, didn't add any small print or take it out. There's nothing deceptive about that. Like warmmilk said, they could have just as easily taken out the piece about the dirty filter. Now THAT would've been deceptive.

I do own that issue of DSport BTW, so maybe that's why you might think it's JWT's doing (if you didn't see that issue).
So if I owned a magazine article and printed a caption that indicated my testing of the JWT Popcharger yielded 100 extra rwhp over stock (and small printed that it's complete bullsh*t), then JWT were to take my caption and place it for everyone to see on their website (with no disclaimer from them), you wouldn't have a problem?

The issue has nothing to do with DSport magazine. The issue has to do with JWT knowing full well their popcharger would not yield 14 extra rwhp/torque over stock. They know this. But they still go ahead and put that bullsh*t claim from the magazine.

If they were being forthright, they would have added their own disclaimer, which they did not.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:51 PM
bboypuertoroc

They didn't need to since a disclaimer was already added in. JWT also didn't say that the intake made X amount of power. The only reason it's even there is because they won the shootout. The ~6whp gain that they woulda made (according to DSport) still was more than what the other intakes made.

Plus, if JWT would've agreed with the 14/14 increase, they woulda definitely changed this to reflect that - http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/cus...asp?PartID=350

EDIT - Hmmm, now I'm the blind one. There wasn't even any mention of the shootout (which I think the results were exactly the same... and they still won it). It was just them doing the typical mag power page kine.

Tony (clicked the picture)

Last edited by bboypuertoroc; 10-17-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:58 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
They didn't need to since a disclaimer was already added in. JWT also didn't say that the intake made X amount of power. The only reason it's even there is because they won the shootout. The ~6whp gain that they woulda made (according to DSport) still was more than what the other intakes made.

Plus, if JWT would've agreed with the 14/14 increase, they woulda definitely changed this to reflect that - http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/cus...asp?PartID=350

EDIT - Hmmm, now I'm the blind one. There wasn't even any mention of the shootout (which I think the results were exactly the same... and they still won it). It was just them doing the typical mag power page kine.

Tony (clicked the picture)
Hopefully, you can learn from this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j50Xd40EfJg

You would fit right in with these guys.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:24 AM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Same here. The sound at 4500+ rpm is very nice.

i thought you had a vette?
Old 10-18-2007, 10:28 AM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by stylett9
i thought you had a vette?
Had a 350Z, and now have a Vette.

I liked the 350Z alot, but had wanted a C5ZO6. So when the opportunity arose to get my hands on a low mileage one, I snagged it.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:06 AM
evil_tt
Banned

NOOO!!! I just called and they still aren't out. They said call back around Thanksgiving.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:23 PM
SolarOrangeZ

how are some of you people resisting the nismo or other available intakes? I need to convince myself to wait I think
Old 11-09-2007, 08:49 AM
mcarlomagno

Originally Posted by SolarOrangeZ
how are some of you people resisting the nismo or other available intakes? I need to convince myself to wait I think
i'm definitely waiting. it'll be the best investment for yourself if you realize what you bought isn't what you're looking for.

i'm for sure waiting for the k&n drop in filters, i'm pretty sure they'll be our best bet as far as intakes go.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:59 AM
evil_tt
Banned

These are like a beautiful set of ***** that you just want to motor boat!

Quick Reply: Jim Wolf - Dual Intakes almost out!