Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

The wait is over.....Stillen Header Dyno results!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 11:41 PM
A.H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ZPK
What are the gains?
Sam @ GTM said realistically 15whp on a dynojet for $3000.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:13 AM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by A.H
But how do you know you won't encuonter my same probelm and have these headers that fit the DE hit the knuckle of the stering rack on the HR?
thats the "theoretically" part
Old 08-23-2008, 11:22 AM
A.H

Originally Posted by warmmilk
thats the "theoretically" part
As much as we all know headers aren't teh best bang for the buck why would you make it even less worth it by trying to insatll a part that isn't designed for our car to find it it hits teh knuckle and then having to pay to uninstall and reinstall oem or differnet headers. I don't believe that risk is worth it unless a vendor verifies it will fit. Only other thing you could do to clear it if it hits is heat up the header and bash it in, but then whats the point cause your hindering performance. Just some thoughts

-Arsh
Old 08-23-2008, 02:29 PM
A.H

BTW finally got the pics of stillen headers next to OEM manifolds....

Name:  IMG_4086.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  158.1 KB
Old 08-23-2008, 03:09 PM
infinite

the collector is where the difference is
Old 08-23-2008, 03:48 PM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by A.H
As much as we all know headers aren't teh best bang for the buck why would you make it even less worth it by trying to insatll a part that isn't designed for our car to find it it hits teh knuckle and then having to pay to uninstall and reinstall oem or differnet headers. I don't believe that risk is worth it unless a vendor verifies it will fit. Only other thing you could do to clear it if it hits is heat up the header and bash it in, but then whats the point cause your hindering performance. Just some thoughts

-Arsh
well i'd do the install myself, so the cost there isn't an issue

but i think that the long tubes headers would give a better gain then just some shorty headers, especially on the top end

depending on my financial situation when the headers are actually released, i could be willing to test that out for the HR community, kinda like u did with the stillen headers. alot of people were telling you that there wouldn't be any gains with the stillen headers, but you still went through with it
Old 08-24-2008, 09:12 AM
KA24DE

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Looks like the HR responds better to headers. Good news.
Not true. Modified mag Dynoed a Revup with Stillen 03-05 non rev headers, and made similar if not better gains...in high RPM. DC sport headers are ****, and only add 1 peak hp, but do fatten up the powerband.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:20 AM
KA24DE

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone who advices against cams (and actually wants to make power) is completely ignorant. Period.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Ataru074

Originally Posted by KA24DE
Anyone who advices against cams (and actually wants to make power) is completely ignorant. Period.
agree especially because you can work on the exhaust side, makes the gas flow away faster and offering less resistance... but... if you want more power you still need to suck more air into the combustion chamber.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by KA24DE
But if you want plenty of reliability, you have options of improving many other things first.

I had cams in my last car, and it was great, but it had cold weather idle issues (at startup) among other things that made it annoying, our engines are much more sensitive than what my car had, I wouldn't dump 3k at it for the minimal gains. Nitrous would be more effective, less expensive, and about as dangerous.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Sergio07350Z

The My350z community wants A.H to post some!!

VIDEOS!!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 09:25 PM
infinite

Originally Posted by Peak350
But if you want plenty of reliability, you have options of improving many other things first.

I had cams in my last car, and it was great, but it had cold weather idle issues (at startup) among other things that made it annoying, our engines are much more sensitive than what my car had, I wouldn't dump 3k at it for the minimal gains. Nitrous would be more effective, less expensive, and about as dangerous.
Nitrous > Cams
Old 08-24-2008, 09:57 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by Sergio07350Z
The My350z community wants A.H to post some!!

VIDEOS!!!!
NP what type of video would you like? Sound clip with headers?
Old 08-24-2008, 10:34 PM
JZK

Hey I got my stillen headers installed 2 days ago, do you also feel a slight vibration when you turn right? Feels like the steering shaft is hitting something or something it keeping it from turning right
Old 08-24-2008, 10:46 PM
jmaestre23

Originally Posted by warmmilk
well i'd do the install myself, so the cost there isn't an issue

but i think that the long tubes headers would give a better gain then just some shorty headers, especially on the top end

depending on my financial situation when the headers are actually released, i could be willing to test that out for the HR community, kinda like u did with the stillen headers. alot of people were telling you that there wouldn't be any gains with the stillen headers, but you still went through with it
who is developing long tubes for the HR?
Old 08-24-2008, 10:52 PM
T_K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A.H

-Arsh
Because the Crawford's are better than the basic shorty design. If I'm going to waste my money, I'd make sure it's the best damn waste of money possible.

TK
Old 08-24-2008, 10:57 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by jmaestre23
who is developing long tubes for the HR?
At the moment no one. The discussion was about using DE long tbe headers and seeing if they would fit with DE test pipes.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:00 PM
jmaestre23

Originally Posted by A.H
At the moment no one. The discussion was about using DE long tbe headers and seeing if they would fit with DE test pipes.
ohhhh ok my bad.....thanks btw for doing the before and after dyno.....i was really contemplating wether to get them or not.....and now you have finalized my decision ...i know its not the best bang for the buck but my true dual exhaust gave me 7whp and 7trq and it cost $1000 headers including install is similar pricing so i mean if you look at it that way its worth it?
Old 08-24-2008, 11:02 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by JZK
Hey I got my stillen headers installed 2 days ago, do you also feel a slight vibration when you turn right? Feels like the steering shaft is hitting something or something it keeping it from turning right
Yea bro I had the same problem. Stillen rushed the headers and didn't test fit it on the car so the first set of headers they sold had the header hit the bottom of the stering column. Here is a thread I posted. https://my350z.com/forum/vq35hr/3794...er-defect.html It has a picture of the problem. As you turn left that bolt on the bottom hits the header making it hard to turn right and a hard left. They redesigned it so just call them up tell them about this, act pissed but polite and they will send out a new header and if your very lucky like me they will also pay for the install of the new header as they totally fcuked you and it not your fault. Just don't take their bs and make sure to talk to Kyle Millen. He's the only one that can get anything done. Hope this helps and you resolve your issue.

-Arsh
Old 08-24-2008, 11:04 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by jmaestre23
ohhhh ok my bad.....thanks btw for doing the before and after dyno.....i was really contemplating wether to get them or not.....and now you have finalized my decision ...i know its not the best bang for the buck but my true dual exhaust gave me 7whp and 7trq and it cost $1000 headers including install is similar pricing so i mean if you look at it that way its worth it?
The more I drive my car the more I think it's worth it and i would drive it again. The peak numbers aren't very high but im starting to think they don't matter as much as the increase in poewr all throughout the powerband which you can FEEL as you drive. This has led to to change my decision and completly recommend these headers for anyone seeking greater performance.

Quick Reply: The wait is over.....Stillen Header Dyno results!!!