when will greddy release?
Old 11-03-2008, 11:52 AM
supergoji

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by infinite
when will greddy release?
idk, your the one who told me lol.

i already have a bunch of mods for less weight planned out. which get the
Z34 down to a fighting weight of around 2900 lbs.

lightweight:
battery
pulleys
flywheel
seats
rotors
wheels
driveshaft
polycarbonate windows
removal of spare and tools

power:
Stillen Gen 3 intake
Stillen headers or Impul
High flow Cats
HKS high power exhaust
Greddy cams
Twin ignition
Extra grounding wires
Tune

$$$$$ power $$$$$
porting
valvejob
3.8RS-C CF intake Box

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$power$$$$$$
turbo kit.

but anyway back on topic.

from http://www.chromjuwelen.com

"Dropped some serious coin on a set of those Impul exhaust headers for your VQ35HR-equipped Z33? Got some change left over? You might want to consider Greddy's Easy Cam range, which has just been expanded to include the newest variant of Nissan's venerable 3.5-litre V6.

The Greddy bumpsticks feature 264° of duration and 11mm of lift on both the inlet and exhaust valves - a useful increase over the stock duration of 248°. The end result is an engine that can inhale and exhale faster and longer, and therefore cram more combustibles into those six cylinders when maximum power is called for.

The cams are compatible with Nissan's hydraulic variable valve timing on the inlet cam and the electric variable valve system on the exhaust cam. Unlike the Impul headers, Greddy's camshafts should also be just the thing to complement Greddy's VQ35HR turbo kit too. Grab a set of them from Greddy today for the not-too-extortionate price of ¥132,300."

and seeing as how the HR responds very to N/A mods cams would most likely complement the headers if you tune for them very well.

Last edited by supergoji; 11-03-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:44 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by supergoji
polycarbonate windows
Not trying to hijack this thread, but is this really necessary? I mean, unless you have a track dedicated car, I would think this is overkill.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:17 PM
supergoji

porsche does it for the GT3 and GT2, honda did it for the NSX-R, they did it for the the Civic Type R as well too i think.

theres also a few other manufacturers who do it.

idk the prices, but if it saves like at least 30lbs, it worth the cash to me.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:00 PM
infinite

The greddy cams would be kinda nice to have. I wonder if Comp Cams (zex) will make something for the HR.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:53 AM
supergoji

you could always get a custom grind, which is best.
that what alot of NA honda owners do and it makes them plenty of mid range and top end power.

or if you reall want to extract power out of this engine do a little research into S54 M3 engines. you'll learn somthing nice.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:51 AM
infinite

I'd want a custom grind myself, but are there any cam gears on the hr?
Old 11-04-2008, 03:12 PM
redline06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by supergoji
idk, your the one who told me lol.

i already have a bunch of mods for less weight planned out. which get the
Z34 down to a fighting weight of around 2900 lbs.

lightweight:
battery
pulleys
flywheel
seats
rotors
wheels
driveshaft
polycarbonate windows
removal of spare and tools

power:
Stillen Gen 3 intake
Stillen headers or Impul
High flow Cats
HKS high power exhaust
Greddy cams
Twin ignition
Extra grounding wires
Tune

$$$$$ power $$$$$
porting
valvejob
3.8RS-C CF intake Box

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$power$$$$$$
turbo kit.

but anyway back on topic.

from http://www.chromjuwelen.com

"Dropped some serious coin on a set of those Impul exhaust headers for your VQ35HR-equipped Z33? Got some change left over? You might want to consider Greddy's Easy Cam range, which has just been expanded to include the newest variant of Nissan's venerable 3.5-litre V6.

The Greddy bumpsticks feature 264° of duration and 11mm of lift on both the inlet and exhaust valves - a useful increase over the stock duration of 248°. The end result is an engine that can inhale and exhale faster and longer, and therefore cram more combustibles into those six cylinders when maximum power is called for.

The cams are compatible with Nissan's hydraulic variable valve timing on the inlet cam and the electric variable valve system on the exhaust cam. Unlike the Impul headers, Greddy's camshafts should also be just the thing to complement Greddy's VQ35HR turbo kit too. Grab a set of them from Greddy today for the not-too-extortionate price of ¥132,300."

and seeing as how the HR responds very to N/A mods cams would most likely complement the headers if you tune for them very well.
has greddy shown results of their new cams?

sorry to go off topic but what are you using as the starting curb weight of the z34? i understand most of the weight reduction mods but im pretty sure it will come with an already light weight carbon composite driveshaft like the z33, are you sure the z34 will even have a spare? i cant seem to find the thread but it showed that the sub woofer will be where the spare was in the z33 im not sure tho i guess we'll find out when it comes out, lighter rotors? i guess im not too familiar with light weight rotors other than smaller=lighter (which is not good) or different material which is crazy money but idk if theyre even lighter so fill me in on this one please. where do u plan on getting a 380 rs-c CF intake box? cuz i dont even think theyre available for the public unless custom made by a shop or something
Old 11-04-2008, 06:33 PM
supergoji

3200lbs starting weight. if the base Z is 3010lbs like we are all hoping, then shaving weight might be a tad harder but if you do all the items i mentioned, while using titanium for the catback you'll be at prolly 2800+-50lbs with out a driver. and with the aformentioned items you'll be putting down 345whp+-10hp so lets say 380hp+-10hp that puts the 2800lb Z in a power to weight category of 7.5lbs per hp to 7.2lbs per hp. which is quite fast. and this is all without FI. lets say for FI add 100lbs of stuff, turbos, intercoolers and all associated hardware. and your putting down 500whp. thats almost 600 crank hp and that makes a power to weight ratio of 4.8lbs per hp. so this Z will be quite a contender. if done right.

the 370z is basically what a Z32 slicktop Twinturbo should have been. 3200lbs and it should have come with gt28's instead of the T25 puny turbos that came stock..

by lightweight rotors i mean rotors with aluminum hats, saves quite a bit of weight when compared with same size rotor. and subwoofer and enclosure pretty much weighs the same as a spare

idk how much a Z33 driveshaft weighs and a full CF drivehshaft which should be about 10 lbs does not com from the factory sooo ya...

i know my stock Z32 driveshaft was 44lbs, and now i have a single 1 piece thats 13lbs.

if you want to make a airbox like that, first make a mock up, with a certain material, wood, cardboard, sheet metal, pvc.

next wrap it with fiber glass to make a mold, then get some carbon fiber use the fiberglass mold and voila.

im not saying it's easy, it's just that those are the steps to make one yourself, assuming you have the materials, the oven, and the coatings for the fiberglass and Carbon fiber. and the thing with the 380RS-C airbox is that it uses itb's from what i could see or in this case didnt see. i didnt see any throttle bodies, soooo they must be inside the airbox and they must be ITB's.

of course these are all guestimates but here's my list.
lightweight battery minus 40lbs
pulleys minus 5lbs
flywheel minus 12lbs
seats minus 90lbs
rotors minus 20lbs
wheels minus 20lbs
driveshaft minus 25lbs
polycarbonate windows minus 40lbs+
removal of spare and tools minus 40lbs

Last edited by supergoji; 11-04-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:07 PM
NuVon

Our stock battery weight 34.5lb (I actually weight it). So, no way you can save 40lb. I just received my lightweight battery by Braille Auto today. I haven't weight it yet, but according to them it weight 11.5lb. The lightest battery that I known of is Voltphreaks. But, to pay $700 for a 4.5lb battery, not me, and I don't know if you can play CD in your car. With the lists you mention, you are not going to beat a TT Z in a straight line; you might lead for the first 50 ~ 100 meter. Power is what gives you the top speed.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:08 AM
redline06

okay so battery will not net you 40 less lbs more like 23ish given the numbers from ^^. stock driveshaft again is a corbon composite material which weighs close to if not as much as your aftermarket 13 pound z32 driveshaft ,so u wont lose 25 pounds there. stock seats are prob gonna weigh in the 30s so lets say 32 maybe even lighter because who knows maybe nissan lightened the seats this time around in order to get the z34s weight down too, but lets just say 32 like base z33 seats. so u wont get even close to a 90 lbs weight loss from seats because the numbers wouldnt add up , in our case if you ride with NO seats u would lose 64 lbs but thats with nothing 2 sit on and im sure youll agree thats just stupid. The polycarbonate windows prob also will not lose 40+ lbs yes i know theyre light but the difference between windshield ,windows and hatch glass will not be over 40 lbs not even close and i have a feeling that **** is expensive lol. we still dont kno about the spare because of the sub so cant talk about that, maybe there wont be one who knows , waiting sux! lol. okay last thing is ITBs and that intake box, tuning ITBs is really hard to do and im not even sure which EMS does so, if its haltech or fcon or maybe something else but haltech goes for about $2300 and fcon vpro is in the $1xxx ,im not trying 2 come off as a dick or anything im just wondering where ur getting these numbers from. All in all i dont think it will be an easy task lightening the z34 if nissan's goal was for it 2 be light, i guess we'll find out hopefully soon.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:42 AM
blue350zed

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

So what camshafts did we agree on?
Old 11-05-2008, 04:53 AM
redline06

hahaha oh yea! well in post #5 by supergoji hes talking about some cams by greddy made for our newer generation VQs, but i would like 2 see what kind of numbers it made, i would think when a company makes something they test it and release performance figures and numbers but i havent been seeing that lately
Old 11-05-2008, 05:04 AM
supergoji

3200lbs im assuming loaded. power seats and all that stuff.

has anyone here weighed the 350z driveshaft?

have you ever held glass of that size man? it's HEAVY.
thinner plastic, vs thicker glass. it's a really big difference

a TTz(z32) unrestricted can reach 173mph given a long enough stretch.
an E46 M3 can do 180 or so i've read.

a 370z with 320whp should have a higher topspeed due to less drag and gearing.

i've looked for the stock seat weight and can't find it.
power seats are heavy they are about 60lbs.
so you replace those with Momo F1 buckets at 10lbs each and there you you go. not to mention, 350z, and 370z seats will have side airbags so that = more weight.

i never said tuning the ITB's was gonan be easy. i just said it's one route you can take . fabbing the box is the easy part haha.

and then there is always gonan be sound deadning which you can take out.

Greddy cams should make some power for our cars hopefully.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:20 AM
redline06

i think the stock z33 base seats are around 32lbs im not sure tho some come without the airbag too so idk if most people prefer safety over light weight lol . just drive safe i guess. damn thats some crazy money spent if u think about all the mods . ITBs custom intake box then twin turbo, sounds like a nightmare for a tuner and a bank account hahaha that box being able to handle boost is just one thing to worry about .
Old 11-05-2008, 05:20 AM
redline06

so yea any info on cams yet?
Old 11-05-2008, 05:49 AM
b7777

Default zzzz

264 is answer

now i plan to fit it next week. with out Tuning ECU. use stock ECU is ok or not? have any problem or not. so scary

My car 5AT now have a little modify

AMUSE TITANIUM test pipe
AMUSE TITANIUM Y-pipe
AMUSE TITANIUM Cat back
HKS TWIN POWER
HKS SLD unlock 180km

I want to fit Camshaft and also F-con v pro HKS but now not release harness.

PS Sorry for bad Eng. because I'm thai. I live in bangkok thailand
Attached Thumbnails Camshaft for HR-7edkre268525-02.jpg   Camshaft for HR-ovambj268452-02.jpg   Camshaft for HR-az2coe268759-02.jpg  

Quick Reply: Camshaft for HR